Main Menu

3/4 Boxing AA help

Started by Bradfur, March 22, 2006, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradfur

I have several accounts/combo's I use and currently my beastie acts as a DPS role.

I have recently hit 70 and am farming AA's in 69.1 mission DoDH.

I intend to use the following boxing combo: WAR/CLR/BST and/or NEC/DRU/ENC (one of the last 3)

Considering I don't *INTEND* to tank much with the beastlord, can anyone suggest an AA progression route?

I already have: RS3 Regen3 ND3 Paragon and perfection maxed.
Not sure where to go from here.

Any help appreciated.

bham

Beastial Fury and the new improved version from DoD are your 2 best DPS upgrades. Then CF1. After that, not sure.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Taiglin

Would agree with Bham. If your Bst acts as the slower he will get aggro from time to time it is probably worth it to at least do combat agility and eventually lighting reflexes. CS/ID are decent as well but are more geared to mitigation and is my impression most tend to do those at some point after CA/LR anyway. SCR3 will get you another tick on paragon in addition to extending your buffs (something I really love actually). I guess moving forward from these sorts of things is how much utility do you want to get from your Bst? For example if you think you might use him to do things like pet pull/split getting suspend minion II and pet hold would help. I personally don't tend to SM other then at the end of the night but use pet hold all the time (playing as tank + 3 boxing). Depending on how well geared your warrior is (or how well he can hold aggro at this stage) it might be worth dumping more AAs into increasing pet DPS. I was in that sort of situation a while back with one of my guild's tanks I grouped with a lot had trouble holding aggro when I slowed early or after multiple resists.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Bradfur

I like the idea of extending buffs to as I also use BST for added DPS in NEC/MAG/BST combo and the perfection with an extra tick will always help things along a little (necro has 10k mana and very rarely needs to med, but still all mana appreciated)

TBH the warrior is still being developed so his gear/aggro isn't the best yet (I haven't even got him augs for weaps yet /slaps wrist)

But with the LAA I am gaining on my necro + the AA's on NEC/BST/MAG/WAR I am getting kiting 69.1 (I like this as no-one else to interfere and no repops) I should be at a stage to properly gear up the warrior soon.

Thanks for the help you have both given me sound advice and food for thought, I shall get back to you in a few weeks when I got those AA's (few weeks as on holiday for a week from tomorrow)

Utqnia

I was in a similar position, but I changed some things.

Once I did BF and IBF, I started with my pet buffs.  In boxing you will not always have your BST in combat, but your pet most surely will be.  So warders alacrity, and warder critical hits floated to the top for me.

So far it has worked well, the healing can offset not having the upper levels of defense.  If you dont have the first levels of mitigations, you need those, the other levels have very little return for leather classes.

Also, get your BST lifetap weapons/augments, it will help quite a bit to offset some of the "slow" dmg.