Main Menu

POP Keys, which do we still have to do?

Started by Sorien, November 06, 2004, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorien

http://www.graffe.com/quests.php?id=7

The complete POP guide above is a good one.  My question is, which keys do we still have to do now.  I remember awhile back when some of the zones were opened up to not have to be keyed.  

Is this still correct or is this the actuall updated version after that change?  Just don't wanna drag my guild through a bunch of keying quests in vain.  Or, is there some reason that going ahead and doing all of the keying is a good thing?  

One more thing.  My guild is currently in the 52 - 55 level with a good raid being at max threee groups.  Which keyes are possible for us to handle?

Taislir

For flagging purpose all keys must be got, the zones that were opened up ( PoS/PoV and CoD at 55,BoT/HoH at 62) were for xp purpose only.

If your guild is in 52-55 range there isnt alot you can do yet, possibly PoJ trials if your well equipped, in which case torture is easy as there is no time limit. Once you can assemble 2-3 grps that are 60+ can look at doing BoT key, grummus and hedge.

One thing I will say if you decide to do PoJ trials...get a good bard who can mez (think lizards can be mezzed,rocks cant) and even in 50's it should be fairly easy then.
Taislir Brakmaw
Feral Lord of The Rathe.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=673399

Hereki

I agree with that above assesment - do PoJ trials until you can win easily, which is usually considered to require a full group of 60+.  Then look at Grummus and the hedge.  Hedge is for 18 people, 60+, Grummus is tougher.

There are several early PoP raids that require at least 3 groups 60+ (but can be done with less as you level up) - Vhakiz the Shade in Nightmare, Xanamech in Innovation, etc.  Xanamech is worth doing when you can for two reasons: he keys you for the factory, which is good 60+ experience, and he drops a 41% haste item.  The next step (in PoP) is to work your way through BoT keys, into BoT wing bosses, and then to the BoT towers as raids.

If you look at all the above targets, and consider the drops from them, I think you will find them worthwhile.  If you are limited to 3 groups, then PoJ trials, Hedge, BoT wings, and level!

There are good targets outside of PoP that can be handled with your team to improve gear.  Halls of Testing in Velious for armor, and Umbral Plains can all be handled with what you have.