Main Menu

when should I do this quest

Started by zudolord, November 14, 2004, 07:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zudolord

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1488

it says 1-70 but i might need to get some items in making them but it is 2 claws things and i can dual weild at lvl 17  so would it be good to wait to  17 are do it now i am lvl 9 and got all my spells for that lvl

Et^Cetera

IMO this largly depends on WHY you are doing the quest.

If you are doing this because the 7/28(s) are big upgrade, then I would probably say go to the bazaar and buy a Polished Steel Ulak for 5pp instead. (9/27 with stats - no rec level). They are cheap as chips and will last you into your 30`s

If you cant afford 5pp, go to Butcherblock mountains.. kill 2 goblins and get 8pp looting thier heads/blood.. should take 5-10 mins tops.

If you are a Role-playing type or want to do a quest for the "questy" part of things, I would say do it as soon as you are able. Mainly becuase there is nothing worse than killing monsters that con green to you. You could be killing monsters for 2-3 hours getting the drop you need when instead you could be getting experience AND doing a quest at the same time.

The next few parts in this quest you need to go to the Loda Kai caves which you will need to be level 13+ (from memory .. its been a long time)

Besides, just pop the other one in the bank until you get dual wield later.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

zudolord

thx man i will go get those ulak things you are talking about

Hereki

You also won't be able to complete this quest until you are 30, with good luck.  The real reward from the quest is the cloak, not the claws, and you need to be 50s to get that finished.  It would take you less time to get iksar faction and complete their claw quest, which is actually a good weapon for the level you can get it, than to complete the vah shir quest.

If you are in the Bazaar, check prices on a shissar ulak, bear fanged glove, and masters eitchatka; these are all much better weapons than a polished steel ulak, as they have less delay, which mean you will gain melee skills faster.