Main Menu

Getting OoW Spells

Started by Ukator Iceblood, May 18, 2004, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

Anyone besides me hope that they do the same type of drops as PoP? I figure with 5 more levels we will get, hmm, 3 at least per level, making it 15 new spells. With PoP you could get a parch to turn in and end up selling doubles. Eventually you end up with most of the spells.

With GoD spells being almost nonexistant, and all no drop, I have yet to see one. Would love OoW to be more like PoP than that.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tastian

Well PoP is a level boosting expansion like OoW will be.  Kunark had spells that were tradeable (some too rare at first hehe).  GoD was like LoY in that you needed to buy the expansion to get the spells and LDoN.  Velious and Luclin didn't require this though.  I think most OoW spells will be tradeable and available to most players.  Along the same lines I think/hope OoW will have more tradeable loot as well.

Oneiromancer

I very, very, very much hope that this will be the case.  Really, unless I have a chance at getting the spells like with PoP, there'll have to be some damn good AAs for be to bother buying the expansion and levelling past 65.

As Ukator says, it makes the most sense.  LoY and GoD are perhaps comparable in that they are small-ish, and they didn't increase the level cap.  LDoN is the same way, the spells are no drop, don't forget.  LoY and LDoN were just more obtainable than GoD, that's all, but they were also more generally useful.

If the spells in OoW are tradeable (after some initial turn-in, perhaps), then I actually would expect for them NOT to duplicate until, perhaps, level 70, the spells from GoD.  After all, they would still want us to buy that expansion.  So I don't expect to see a new DD or DoT spell until close to level 70.  I won't be crying over Tureptan Spirit, though. ;)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

dewddabst

ne 1 kno where i can get the dot?