Main Menu

Pet Names

Started by Kitana, February 05, 2004, 05:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitana

Just for fun - Do you wish you had the ability to name your pet.. so their name shows above their head instead of generic "Beastie's Warder"?

DiosT

I like being able to say "my pet" and not have to regress to the old days of.. "My pet... *looks around* *types in pets name for this hour* Jobaboner"
*minutes later*
"My pet still doesnt have the buffs"
Buffer: "Oh shoot, I buffed Joboboner! not Jobaboner!"......

then there's the whole "Sorry, buffed the WRONG Jobaboner" -- I had one group where we had 3 pets with the exact same name (was bored at frenzy ghoul camp, when we noticed we had 2 pets with the same name we tried for the 3rd til we got it)

So, for simplicity I love the <name>'s warder... but if I wern't such an efficency pain in the rear end I'd love to name my pet -- I love the role-playing aspect of it, but EQ simply lacks role-playing now...

Kitana

hehe nah I don't mean randomly generated names..

I mean we should be able to name our pets and have the name stick!

like Killer, or Fluffy, or .. whatever you want it to be

:D

DiosT

I was just saying as an example of the past...

Would require me to 'forward' the name of my pet to the buffer, where as right now I can say "my pet" and they -know- the name of my pet :-)

And not too many 'unique' pet names here either ;-) Fluffy being probably the most common name :-P

DiosT

I take that back, there are a lot of unique names, I just doubt it would hold true if every beastlord named their pet... I know them trolls have mostly all unique pet names :-) but vah shirts :-/ heh

NoxCruor

I think it would be great for RP guilds to be able to name warders for the beastlords.  I also think it would be uber if we could choose a pet skin for our pet, making them different colors than the average.
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Ukator Iceblood

Wolf is Wolf either way. But yeah I think it would be cool to have his name above his head:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Thrashum Gud

Gussy would love to have her own name so the gnomes and halflings would know exactly who was munching them.

Felidae

I've always thought that I should be able to change "warder" to a name so that every where is said "Felidae`s warder" it would instead say "Felidae`s Cutey".    For practical reasons it's nice having the my name there still but would like to be able to name the warder.  For that matter would like to see "Merlin`s Jobakar" too over just Jobakar.

Incite

Muh warder's name is "Garbage".  I wanna see that above his head.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Zorthar

The only problem I see with this is it would be subject to the abuse that people do with Their PC names, I can not stand names that are 100% idiotic, surnames not as much, but stuff like Itank Giveuexp makes me mad.

Alelo

Frisky would love to have Frisky float above him, instead of Alelo's Warder

Silresa

Everyone I know already knows her as Jingles.. If anything, it would reduce any sort of confusion. :D
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Pojodan

I dunno.. Kitty's already fairly sensative about me calling him that in public.. while I'd certainly like it I doubt he'd be too happy and we all know how disgruntled warders can be.

Hrann

I call my warder my doggy, or just dog.  I wouldn't mind if it said Hrann's dog I guess.  *shrug* hehe