Main Menu

Pet Toys question

Started by Fuzykitty, July 14, 2004, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzykitty

Ello! 53 beastlord here =)  Is it a good idea to give your pet weapons?  I remember giving my pet a sword or something while I was in my early 30's and I remember the pet not hitting as well and she did with out the weapon.  Is it possible that our pets have to work up their weapon skills just like us?  Ever since I noticed that she didn't perform as well with a weapon as she does without I've always been against giving her weapons.

I'm getting into the soloing scene now and I'm wanting to give my pet a weapon for more dmg output, but I'm wondering if giving her a weapon would benifit her or make her dmg output worse? =/  Thanks for reading this, I hope someone can help me out.

Take care,
Fuzykitty
53 Beastlord
Rathe server

Tastian

Giving the pet a weapon at lower level shouldn't have hurt her dps at all.  In fact early on its easy to raise your warders dps a lot by using a high damage weapon.  

At this point your pets max hit is high enough that its unlikely you'll add to it by giving them a weapon, however, you can give them procs through weapons and that will raise their dps.   With the patch today pets will stick around so giving your pet some fists of ixblet or even something cheap like fireclaw talons from the bazaar could add up to a lot of extra damage.

JillieMT

Yes!!

I always snap up any Kunzar Kujuchs I see in bazaar. On MT they are about 100pp, and they give Cody a viable snare proc to use when I am hunting in dungeons where runners are a problem. And in those places, that 100pp is made back quickly.

I also grab the Gnoll Hide Lariats, which have a nifty stun proc.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio