Main Menu

I noticed something...

Started by Dakat, October 13, 2004, 09:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakat

This might have already been known, but I didnt realize it.

I'm sure most all here know about pet pulling.  Suspend your pet, summon a green one and sow it. Then use it to break a single mob from a camp.

Well, I was in a group the other day in Walls of Slaughter. At the 3 named spawn in the second field. You know the one, where the beast only ear ring drops from.  I tried to pet pull many times, with a variety of pets of differnt levels.  I used the 56 spell pet with and without DPoC, pet died every time, which brought the entire spawn.

I used the level 58 spell pet with and without DPoC, It died every time and brought the camp on top of us.

I used the level 60 spell pet without DPoC and it died every time.  Due to pathing or mob stunning pet before it could turn around and come back to group.

Now, this is what I was writing about, I tried with the level 60 spell pet using the DPoC.  The first couple pulls, the pet did not die and made it to the camp without adds. Success.  On one of the tried (which is the real reason I wanted to post here) the pet got stunned by the mob I was trying to pull with it.  I thought for sure it was going to bring the rest, but something happened.  The pet enraged. The level 60 spell pet enraged which bought the critter enough time to make it back to the camp safely. It only happened that once, since the pet never got lower in life on subsequent trys.

Anyone here every seen your level 60 spell pet enrage using DPoC or other higher pet summoning item? Or was it me, seeing a possible bug that one instance.

Tastian

First DPoC only works on the 60+ pets (technically 59) so trying it on or off on the lower level pets doesn't matter.  Secondly, yeah that's how it works.  Part of the reason for the change to mage epic pet was so their epic would gain the regen and the ability to enrage.

Choppin

If the warder is coming to you it would have its back to the mob, so enrage shouldnt protect it.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dakat

well my pet appeared to have went enrage. Only 2 explanations i can think of. 1, it did exactly what I said it did. 2, I had the wrong pet loaded.

Now #2, I saw enrage. and my pet was green to me.

I am going to test this out more. Feel free to do the same and let me know if you notice it.

Level 60 spell.

Tastian

Ummmm no one disagreed with you about it enraging hehe.  I said in the post right after your's that is what happens and how it has worked for awhile.  Chopp just said that enrage = auto riposte and that if the mob was chasing the pet down from behind it could still hit it despite enrage.  He didn't say it didn't enrage or that your pet didn't live, he just said that enrage wasn't the reason why if the situation is how you described it.

Dakat

Sorry, thought you meant that the pet itself had to be level 60. I misread what you said.  I was just trying to say that my pet was green, which I think the level 60 casted pet is level 47?  But then it enraged. Thats where my confusion was.

The enrage part kept the pet alive. Normally sending that low a pet to a mob that hits like them die so fast that they never even get a chance to turn around. This pet enraged while facing the mob, which allowed it time to turn and run back before it normally would have died.