Main Menu

promised mending+steeltrap

Started by Stumps_Bertox, September 26, 2006, 08:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stumps_Bertox

Enjoying the combo so far for pulling :)
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Buzak

honestly, i would at any time prefeer just tossing a slow on the mob myself. either the mob dont hit hard enough to that you cant tank it a few while tank gets aggro, or it will grind your pet anyhow before promised mending lands..

Buzak Ubertroll& fluffy ubergater

Fightclubx

well my guild goes back to tacvi tonight and mobs usually dont get slowed for at least 5-10 seconds until after tank has mob firmly in corner, I think sending pet in to push mob into corner as well as to put that first slow down is gonna be cool

cus in tacvi extra 5-10 seconds of mob being slowed can mean the world.

Stumps_Bertox

It isnt really a "tanking the mob till slowed" issue as it is a "i just wasted time casting 4 slows". When it takes me 4 tries to slow a mob, thats a fair amount of dps lost for me. Currently ive been sending pet it, casting BE, ancient nuke and the new one, then /hold and go full melee as mob gets to me. I dunno, its just nice to actually use my warder as more than a DoT for a change, and with OoC regen conserving mana while duoing is a mute point hehe.

Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Fubear

I used promised mending for the first time last night, when I was soloing Rumblecrush.  It helped to keep Fluffy alive for a long time.  18 seconds though was pushing the limit, wish it would be a little quicker.

Kanan

It worked quite well last night, killin gnolls in the Steppes.  It made me happy for the old 2 pull pet OT tactic to be effective once again.  I don't have Steeltrap yet (36% to go ;p), but promised worked very effectively in healing the pet.  Between prism skin and the mobs being almost constantly stunned, the pet was actually tanking slightly more efficiently than I was ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Parlaan

Anyone played with how long the Slow lasts ?   If it lasts as long as normal casted slow, then Steel trap is gonna be awsome. 

I do know that Steel Trap will overwrite a chanter slow.   I've done some digging and have found out that it is a 70 percent slow.  Finally a slow that equals a chanter.  Far as I'm concerned, that is neater than heck.

Kanan

it lasts for one minute.  I don't remember who figured it out, but that is its duration.

It has bugs atm, in that the proc rate of our epic clickies uses up the procs of steeltrap, w/o steeltrap ever proccing.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

In raids, steeltrap seems to be an excellent way to go for an early slow on name mobs, especially with multiple beastlord pets trying. Shamen have no problem overwriting it with a longer-lasting slow.

Steeltrap seems less useful in solo play, but if you do use it, you need to keep using it. You can't overwrite it with your own slow until AFTER it wears off.