Previous topic - Next topic

Pauze

whats better?
omakin's alacracy, or bond of the wild.
ive heard both.

Kanan

Omakin's Alacrity

Slot    Description
1:    Increase Attack Speed by 65% (L55) to 70% (L60)
2:    Increase STR by 60
3:    Increase AC by 30
5:    Increase ATK by 40

Bond of the Wild

Slot    Description
1:    Increase Attack Speed by 60%
2:    Increase STR by 51 (L52) to 55 (L60)
3:    Increase AC by 13 (L52) to 15 (L60)
5:    Increase ATK by 25

Recourse onto you:
Bond of the Wild R.

Slot    Description
1:    Increase Max Hitpoints by 101 (L1) to 150 (L50)
2:    Increase HP when cast by 101 (L1) to 150 (L50)

Omakins has better haste and buffs attached to it, bond of the wild buffs you for 150 hps.

If you are in situations where the 150 hps can actually matter (you are getting hit for less than 200 on average in the environ you fight in), the bond actually may be your better bet.  But from a pure dps standpoint, Omakins is significantly better, if only because of the difference in haste.

Btw, http://lucy.allakhazam.com was the source for all of the above.  Learn it, love it.  Its your free friend :)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Vidyne

you leave out another element...  a key one for me back then...

Omakin's
17.5 min

Bond of the wild
72min

Kanan

I had forgotten that ;p

One other problem with hastes, up until OoW haste, is that they used to take approx 30 secs for the gem to refresh after it was mem'd.

It was bad enuf that I used to keep it mem'd at all times.  Wouldn't be able to do that nowadays tho.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

The duration is the real catch for most people.

Also remember that the recourse is basically just a free talisman of Tnarg.  At level 53 we get...

1:     Increase Max Hitpoints by 132 (L32) to 150 (L50)
2:    Increase HP when cast by 132 (L32) to 150 (L50)

Which has a base duration of 1h 12m.  *shrugs*

hakaaba

Pfft back then your pet was still actually doing a significant enough part of your dps that you could dedicate 4 spell gems to it :)

(now it gets 1 1/2 -- heal and panther) :(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Timberghost

My suggestion, go get your ornate legs (Leggings of the Khati Sha) and use the clickie on it till you get the better pet buffs.

Even with Qvic gear, I still use it as a backpack clickie for times when my pet buffs fade while I'm in battle.

The clickie is Sha's Ferocity, which is your level 59 pet buff.  It's

1:  Increase Attack Speed by 84% (L59) to 85% (L60)
2:  Increase STR by 99 (L59) to 100 (L60)
3:  Increase AC by 60
5:  Increase ATK by 60

and lasts for 17 1/2 minutes, at which time you just click it again.

I do agree with Hakaaba, these days for the pet, once an hour I use Growl of the Beast.  The rest of the time, I just use Growl of the Panther and Healing of Uluaness.  The other spell slots go to more important things.

BTW the 85% haste from the ornate legs is the same 85% haste you get with Growl of the Beast.  What grows is the ATK boost (+30), the AC (+18) and the All Skills Damage Modifier (+5%), so even when you get bigger it's a nice backpack clickie for oh shit it dropped moments.

Your Ornate Chest is nice as a backpack clickie too.  It's Celerity, which is our highest people type haste (50%) and can be clicked onto others, which saves on spell gems.

You would never wear them, but there are two other nice backpack clickies: Wild Lord's Sandals drop in Karnor's Castle (real lowbie zone), and are clickie shrink that can be cast on others. 

They've improved pet pathing a bunch, so they don't get lost as much, but back in the day, Wild Lord's Gauntlets, which drop in the same place were clickie Summon Companion and helped you get your pet back when he went walkabout and couldn't find you.  Again something you'd never wear, but a nice backpack clickie.