Main Menu

Guide to equipping pets.

Started by Tulisin, December 05, 2006, 12:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamweaver

I nice, one-stop shop for pet questions. Thanks.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Khauruk

The only thing that I would change is to make it clearer about low level pets not being able to dual weild, and what level for each class they gain that ability.  It looks like it's the lvl21 pet for Beastlords (http://forums.beastlords.org//index.php?topic=5888.0).  It might be nice if you make it clear that the best dps option for low level pets is the biggest 2hander you can lay your hands on.

Otherwise, this is really really nice.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tigarri

A couple of questions:

1) Did you miss Waist slot? I don't see it listed anywhere.
2) Do pets upgrade weapons at the same delay? (For instance, if a pet has 2 Fireblades equipped, will he upgrade to 2 Icefall Icicles?)

Timberghost

Waist slot is definitely there.  I'm blanking on the name ATM, but I used to give my kitty the worn haste belt, along with the face and 2 weapons.

As far as upgrading from fire toys to icicles, gotta test.  He definitely won't use worse weapons than what he has inately or is already equiping.  Never tested and even trade.  Next time a guild wizard hands me a bag of toys, I'll equip one set, then the other and then check the procs and let you know.

Khauruk

Quote from: Timberghost on December 10, 2006, 09:11:50 PM
Next time a guild wizard hands me a bag of toys, I'll equip one set, then the other and then check the procs and let you know.

That's an impressive wizard! :-P
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Timberghost

:lol: Sorry brain hiccup there.  I mean a guild mage, of course.  :lol:

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tulisin

Updated for SoF. Feedback is always welcome. I'll probably get your message much faster as a PM/post on Magetower/SoE forums than a PM/post here, though.

Brane

If you have a mage friend, who doesn't hoard his cauldron items, there are these new options:

Pet mask: It has AC 1, and will replace a mowcha mask if equipped. Adds more haste and stats.
Weapon: Has less delay and will therefore replace the SOF weapons if equipped. Bigger proc.

Skull of the Spire Servant: The juwel of the set. Target yourself and click it. You will get a buff for several hours. Any pet of lvl 67+ that is summoned while you have this buff will be focused as if you have a Demiplane of Blood pet focus equipped. Yes it will remain that way even once the buff wears off, and you can bag or shroud to keep it even longer.

Edit: corrected it due to Cami's correction, for delay.

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Brane on March 11, 2008, 09:52:24 PM
If you have a mage friend, who doesn't hoard his cauldron items, there are these new options:

Pet mask: It has AC 1, and will replace a mowcha mask if equipped. Adds more haste and stats.
Weapon: It has 1 more basedamge and will therefore replace the SOF weapons if equipped. Bigger proc.

Skull of the Spire Servant: The juwel of the set. Target yourself and click it. You will get a buff for several hours. Any pet of lvl 67+ that is summoned while you have this buff will be focused as if you have a Demiplane of Blood pet focus equipped. Yes it will remain that way even once the buff wears off, and you can bag or shroud to keep it even longer.

Hate to say it, but once pets have weapons equipped, they don't change even for better ones.  I have had a low level mage summon the weapons he could, then later on tried to give him the level 73 pet weapons and was still the lower level procs.  Seems weapons may be an exception to the equipment change rule
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Camikazi

Pets switch weapons based on delay, will use the lowest delay weapon you give it. Doesn't matter procs, ac, hp or anything on weapon, lowest delay is what pet will equip.

Brane

Quote from: Camikazi on March 12, 2008, 12:20:42 AM
Pets switch weapons based on delay, will use the lowest delay weapon you give it. Doesn't matter procs, ac, hp or anything on weapon, lowest delay is what pet will equip.

I stand corrected sorry, nonetheless the Tideslasher now replaces the SOF type weapons.

Quallo

Anyone have a working link or backup for this? eqsummoners has been down for awhile it seems.
71 Beastlord - Saryrn