Or even without the type 8 augments,  a savage platinum fist
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20811
Effect: Call of the Beast
1: Summon Pets: SwarmPetBeastlord x 1 for 10 sec

and the Vander's Bane:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23620
Effect: Trickster's Calling
1: Summon Pets: SwarmPetImp x 1 for 10 sec

Also:  Has anyone ever experimented to see if multiple swarmpet-types stack?  We have multiple swarm pet spells, I assume their timers are linked?  Do our pet focuses parse as increasing the damage of our swarm pets?  Have any pet focuses ever altered any item based swarm pets?  I know that the basic Idea to pet focuses is,  it summons an alternate pet from the table, that has slightly different/better stats.  I just wish they would release all the information for the game, so people don't have to go around parsing and guessing that they're seeing an effect or that things aren't doing any better...

If nothing else, would warder's alacrity warder's fury, agility, etc... affect these item swarm pets?  I hear they affect our werewolf swarms...  I just think it would be fun when farming junk like droga, to equip two weapons with two swarmpet procs apiece, howl at the moon, end up with four from that, and 4-10 swarmpets from weapon procs, and have babe, all beating on the swarm of goblins if I pull the entire zone...  Especially if they can be focused, or at least aa buffed.  I'm likely to never see anything above Ralfin's blood orb for pure melee dps, even with the next expansion coming out, I'm still level 73, and more likely to tag along with some old friends, and drag some people around to do LDoN raids and plane of time/elemental planes.

Khauruk

Pet focus works on both the Bestial Empathy/Howl line of spells (18 sec werewolf), and our normal pet spells.  They do not work on weapon/augment summoned pets.  Pet AAs also affect werewolf pets.  I don't know if they affect weapon/aug pets, but I highly doubt it.

The LDoN pet proc aug is the highest dps proc aug out there.  With WA5, good Combat Effects, you can get some high dps.  Clerics can get 100+ dps from it, but a good chunk of that is through a quasi-discipline that boosts their procrate.  It's also cool as hell, and I'd luv someone long time if they got it for me. :).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hoov

i have 2 of the ldon augs

it looks like the aa's help them pets as well..

they use to be about 40 dps in mmm raids with warders alacrity at 13/14 and warders fury at 10/15

at alacrity at 15/15 it boosted dps to about 47-49 on the same raid mobs

but that is having 2 augs and wepon affinity maxed.. combat effects maxed.. ambidex maxed .. bestial frenzy maxed ..

true not the best dps.. but i love it and will keep useing till i get my damn moss aug (if we ever raid there again)

Karilis

That's pretty amazing!  I told a friend in the roleplaying guild I'm app'ing to, that my aa path will change if we do Depths of Darkhollow progression (if I had the swarm pet spell I'ld be more quick to spend points on the pet DPS aas, as it is, at 230 aas, I'm seeing a lot more DPS, I just recently grabbed WA1-5 in the course of like 3 nights, which amazed me, but then I remember how I did it: lessons burn 3 aas per night, 2.25 aas from daily quests, and then 1-4 aas non lessoned.

I actually haven't had the chance to test weapon affinity 5 solo in a good place, I've got a fire proc on the dawnlight fistwraps and I've been in Plane of Fire at the graveyard, I also camped a bard the Voice of the Shissar little right clicky thing from Yelwinz, that ate up a few hours on a weekend night and he didn't drop it, and the bard wiped after I camped out, and then it was only a few minutes, he was up the next time we went back in and I dragged my druid along, first kill, and ported out heh.

Still:  *Drools over augs that can add 40 dps*  To me, that's very very substantial, I know there are beastlords pulling in 800-1200 burst, or maybe even sustained melee DPS and probably higher, where it's adding like 5-2.5% dps, but for me that would be, if I followed the aa path for it after doing DoDh spell progression, probably a 12.5 - 10% upgrade in sustainable DPS.

I was thinking about doing the same thing on my monk for procs, drag him along on elemental raids, camping him out and playing the beastlord and if I win randoms on the essences, logging in the monk to loot, to get him a Mace of the ancients, and do some LDoN runs on him til he can also request the raid for Deepest Guk.  I know he wouldn't have pet aas, but I think that: riposte disc with an entire zone of mobs in front of the monk, and some swarm pets helping out, would be as fun if not more fun for farming.

Panthur

I use the ldon skele pet swarm aug in astire weapon in primary hand. I can get sometimes 6+ of those buggers flurrying and spamming me. On raids, sometimes i have warder, +4 werewolf pets (on a quad proc) and then add 6 more little skele pets all spamming the (bleep) outta me. Its pretty fun heh.

I did notice however, that the pet focus I use (the something of command from steamfactory behemoth earing) also focuses the little skeles, i think they hit for 98s instead of 88s.

Karilis

That's awesome!  I plan to have two of the LDoN augs, I'm working up the guts to try "soloing" LDoNs until I can request the raid from LGuk.  I sincerely hope that the pet focuses do indeed land on the augment pets, if not the weapon pets themselves.  One cool thing is: Swapping in the sweeper before casting Bestial empathy, has it going from hitting like 197 max, or maybe just a common average hit, to hitting 239 -A lot-!

I've also got myself up to Warder's Alacrity 6, and Fury 1, and plan to get fury to about 3, maybe 5, and start levelling up again, dropping a half hundred or so extra aas per level, instead of waiting til I have 800 like I was going to, and then plowing up to level 80. Turns out, I can solo the stuff now, that I'll be killing at 80 for light blue aa experience, so why not just stick it out right?  Plus spell drops = more useful to my friends than cheapo vendor loot(and myself), and I can always go farm the cheapo vendor loot mobs for green exp, probably 1.5 - 2 times as fast.

One thing I'ld like to say is: Sleeper's Tomb, the caster trash mobs go down fast already at my level, and 1/3 of them drop a velious era chest quest gem.  The melee trash mobs take a bit longer, but still they're so weak, that I feel invincible taking on just one, and two is no problem if I play with positioning my warder.  They seem to be pretty resistant to stuff, and I don't have a poison nuke, so my best DPS is swarm pets, so I think for farming sleeper's tomb, getting my swarm pet proc'ers is even more of a priority.  (Old BP and legs clickies for casters are sometimes still useful, if nothing else, to twink.)  Also, the same thing for melee-weak mobs in places like dragonscale hills, my best form of spell dps, other than growl, is my swarm pet.