Main Menu

SoD pet SUCKS

Started by Panthur, October 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthur

OOMG the dps is crap. I want mage pet! lol

Vidyne

Is it a downgrade from Silverwing?

Mages in my guild would tell you to play a mage then...  I tried to bring up that our pet only got half the boost a mage pet got, despite already being weaker(from SoF boost), and they said to play a mage :)

I'm only 82, so i haven't seen the new pet yet.
Also the mages in guild aren't acting like the SoD pet is any big increase to them.

Panthur

The dps is just pathetic and embarassing.

rhaug

lets do some lobby for a stronger and more dps pet

i dont think a few hundred more pet dps makes us too powerfull

would be fun if all beastlords suddenly dissapeared together from everquest to show the developers that its serious to us.

honestly i think we are worthy to have a powerfull pet
its quite annoying that a lord of beasts has a pet that is a baby of beasts

enjoy

Inphared

The information has been provided. Dummkopf has done hours of parses (thanks), provided the information, and nothing has been shown to make an improvement. Even a few of the predominant magicians agreed that the pet DPS we had was "pathetic" (direct quote).

Prathun is notorious for being both stubborn and non-communicative. If you enter the tutorial, it's actually fairly amusing to see this:

It's not that nobody tried. It's a lack of effort on the development team.

Panthur

Why the heck are they so wimpy to begin with?

Inphared

Our pets are weaker because we are (defensively) stronger than a Magician. They are also completely limited by mob resists outside of their pet. All of their individual DPS comes from spells, so factoring in resists means their dps decreases, where as ours doesn't really. They have to rely on their pet much more than we do to be a functional class.

Dilgartownguard

Our pet blows, hits for 3 more damage. The best part was when I summoned it, it's light blue at 83.

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on October 22, 2008, 09:53:57 PM
Our pets are weaker because we are (defensively) stronger than a Magician. They are also completely limited by mob resists outside of their pet. All of their individual DPS comes from spells, so factoring in resists means their dps decreases, where as ours doesn't really. They have to rely on their pet much more than we do to be a functional class.

So because they defensively rely on their pets means our pets DPS has to be low? Yea they rely on spells for THEIR DPS, not the pets high DPS or servants VERY high DPS btw, but they got malo line to increase their chance of landing spells. Last I checked we kind of need spells to do our top DPS too, kind of like a caster. No focused paragon does not balance us against their pets and spell DPS, or their pet defensive capability, or their mod rods, or their mala line, or that neat little Necessity escape AA, or that nuke that increases in dmg the more pets are out. or the fact they can now heal their much stronger pets as well as we can.

I don't want our pets out tanking theirs, but our pets DPS should be higher, not at max focus 1/3 the DPS of their unfocused pet. We are not at all balanced with them pet wise, they rely on their pets defensively, we used to rely on them mostly offensively. Now they are a DoT we need to keep alive to use our abilities, without them we very weak monks.

Pet DPS should be raised, if pets are gonna stay weak might as well change disc and spells to not need them, since eventually they will be more of a liability then they are worth.

BTW the whole they rely on their pet more then us is a lie, they do not have anywhere near as many spells or abilities as we do that NEED pet or will not work period. Our snare relies on pet, our top slow (broken spell or not) needs our pet, our DPS disc needs them, Growl needs pet, we are designed with pet in mind, but they are becoming to weak to have us rely so much on them. Something needs to be done about pets, relegate them to the same status as little bear for druids and unlink our spells from them or make them worth protecting again.

Gutterr

1) Mages' spells take upwards of 6 months to cast.  They are an easily boxable class since you can hit a DD, put a load of laundry in the washing machine, cook dinner, mow the lawn, come back and boom your spell just hit the mob.  Ok a bit over the top, but you get the drift.

2) During a raid, tanks start to die and the mob gets loose.  Does the RL want it goin' for the mages or the beastlords?  We can take more punishment than mages.

3) Our pets aren't as integral to our class as the mage.  I bag my pet on trash during raids just so he doesn't run off when I switch to my clr to heal my group.  Ya, I might lose some DPS, but nothing like a mage will.  Most trash mobs are dead before a mage can get a spell off (see #1).

4) Our pets haven't become so weak from lack of upgrades that they are useless.  I don't think I have ever loaded the pet slow.  My pet can OT in most exp zones and with 2 healers can tank in Crystallos whereas I get my ass handed to me if I try to tank there.  Ya, a mage's pet does a better job, but if I wanted to play a mage I'd play my wife's toon.

5) Mage pets got the same marginal upgrade that bst pets did.

My point, if you want to play a mage, play a mage.  If you want to tank mobs, play a tank.  If you want the strongest dots, play a necro.  Strong DDs, play a wizzi.  If you want to play the most powerful class in the game, go to WoW or play Neverwinter Nights.  Quit complaining about every single item about the expansion.  We got some nifty stuff.  Enjoy it and play the game. 

Kroe

Well, supposedly someone once called us a primary pet class.  Telling us to suck it up and go enjoy some of the fluff we got does exactly squat.

In my opinion - our new pet is total rubbish - if a fully focused/buffed warder is offensively 25% better than a non-focusable SK pet....well, we have no reason being included on Pet focus items on that basis.

I treat mine now, like necro's use to treat (no idea if they still do) theirs - if he dies, he dies, but Im not sacrificing time/mana maintaining that rubbish - a familiar satisfies the 'pet' requirement for Growl (not sure about BA - havent tried with my pet dead since familiars/pets stacked).

The main point is that the pet is not an acceptable 'upgrade' to even the semi useless SoF pet, but the Devs refuse to even comment about it. 

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

Orbus1

Thank you Gutter...I agree wholeheartedly. I said it before and I'll say it again "OMG all the whining."  If you're that unhappy with the Beastlord class then go play another toon, I am sure they will be perfect and have absolutely no issues whatsoever.

PS..Nice to see someone else thinks our warders are good for tanking, I use mine all the time as an OT when soloing. With the pet heal aa's and pet heal spells I have no problem keeping him alive.

Dilgartownguard

Actually, alot of mage nukes have very short cast times in SoD.

Denti

It is funny, mages get the best beastlord heal, a shitload of dps increase in SoD and their pets are really ubor. Unfocused pets doing 1k dps whereas ours does 200 (including proc buffs) which is lower than an SK pet.

Actually had a mage complain that his level 81 pet was still yellow to him once he dinged 83, that tells you all.

Yes, beastlords should get pets that tank as well as mages and do the same unfocused dps (same pet stats). Mage still have a major advantage because their pets come fully equipped with plate and jewelry as well as the fact that they have spell induced stances that give their pets major boosts in the different areas. Beastlords are not a melee only class outside of pets, it actually adds only around a third of our dps while the rest comes from spells (pets and dd/dots). So that argument is kinda wrong that mages therefore need better dps and tanking pets. Actually their pets can tank better than the highest group geared knights as it is, so there is something wrong to begin with.

Panthur

Compared to sof warder, in tanking trash, its not even any better, the dps is really low. Survivability is poop and he is so weak it's frustrating. Light blue trash tears him a new one. Usualy i have him oting a mob while im tanking another, butt hats realy hard to do when pet is getting beat up so bad i have to chain heal him and run my arse off. On light blues. It saddens me. The way thewarder is, it can't function as a partner for the bst, it dies way too fast.

And dont give me that bunny about mages. They aren't linked to their pets aswe are.