Main Menu

SoD pet SUCKS

Started by Panthur, October 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbus1

QuoteLight blue trash tears him a new one. Usualy i have him oting a mob while im tanking another, butt hats realy hard to do when pet is getting beat up so bad i have to chain heal him and run my arse off. On light blues. It saddens me. The way thewarder is, it can't function as a partner for the bst, it dies way too fast.

I use my warder to OT one sometimes two db mobs in Loping Plains and have no issues(worgs, orcs and gobbies mainly). I don't understand why yours would be having issues with lb mobs unless you are somewhere where they are way underconned, where are you tanking with him? I am normally just using growl, and the pet heal aa's with an occasional spell heal. I almost always forget to get him gear so he is either shammy or self buffed with temerity.

Khauruk

Keep this thread polite.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Vidyne

I'll have to agree with Orbus...   Anything I try to tank, my pet can tank it better.

AbyssalMage

Well...I was going to quote a whole lot of people but I'm not going to, I'm going to summerize  :mrgreen:

Statement: Are pet sucks for "x" and "Y" reasons
Response: It's been this way sense Beta and once the NDA was lifted nothing changed.  Whats worse is nothing happened between Beta ending and release so we are really screwed

Statement: We got the same heal as mages (or reverse it if you like)
Response: Welcome to copy and paste

Statement: Quit whining, play A mage if you feel envy
Response: :cry: WE ARE NOT WHINING  :cry: , we are upset.  We are passionate about our class just like everyone else is passionate about there class.  The fact that parses did nothing to help improve are warder between Beta and release is upsetting to many in the community.

Statement: Keep is civil
Response: Umm....yeah, keep it civil  :-D.  We want are warder fixed and being "un-civil" doesn't attract the developers attention.  Although at this point I wonder what they need from us to improve it  :? , as parses alone aren't enouph  :-o .

Statement: .....
Response: Yup I'm fristrated also

I guess it's time to beg and plead for what they need from us so that we can see changes that are positive for us.  If we need to show combined DPS, group DPS, pet survivability statistics, what there vision is of our spell line up is, or what ever...I guess its time to pick there brains.  Do they expect us to run 3 pet heals during all phases of play?  Or always have certain buffs present no matter where we play at or how long.  Mabye some of these questions being answered plus any the Player Representitives can dig up and get answered will go along way in deciding how #@%&^! we really are.

Things we already know:
Slow is too powerful
Endless Quiver is too powerful
Dire Charm is too powerful
Fixed duration invisibility will never come to BST's.....Wait, we finally go that and its perfected!

I guess my point is that developers have a strange way of saying things are too powerful only cause it allows them to do less work.  The only way change will happen is if we stay on them and provide for them what they need and do there jobs (occasionally this also requires us to read their minds which delays the process for years).
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

QuoteStatement: Keep is civil
Response: Umm....yeah, keep it civil  grin.  We want are warder fixed and being "un-civil" doesn't attract the developers attention.  Although at this point I wonder what they need from us to improve it  huh , as parses alone aren't enouph  shocked .

Being rude to the developers is the first way to be ignored.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Wolfcaller

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on October 22, 2008, 10:18:35 PM
Our pet blows, hits for 3 more damage. The best part was when I summoned it, it's light blue at 83.

According to data from the devs, the new pet should be level 80 (unfocused).  It should not be LB at 83.

Camikazi

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=141770

Seems even Mages agree our pets need to be retuned to do more DPS, when Tulisin is lobbying to get our pets DPS raised something is definitely out of whack with our pets.

Panthur

I was refering to trash in oceangreen hills. There is 0 difference in his tanking ability. None. Nada. Zip. Whre as i see mag pet merrily tanking a light blue there like cake. I want equality or near it as to what they were capable of when sof came out. They SURVIVED. This pet cant in sod.

rhaug

thumbs up!

hope that the balance will be set and our pet will be around 85 90 procent of the mage pet tanking ability and dps.

thanks for the change to this already
in advance.

big hug

Vidyne

Spirit of Wolf, Spirit of Jeswin Rk 2, Arag's Celerity or Peerless Penchant rk 2
Torch of Eternal Servitude
Savagesoul Sandals of the Wilds

Spirit of Silverwing
Unfocused:
Cons White to 75
Max hit - 152(Peerless)
Max hit - 141(Arag)

Enhanced Minion I
Cons White to 77
Max hit - 179(Peerless)
Max hit - 167(Arag)

Spirit of Hoshkar
Level 80, Level 81, Level 83 testers

Unfocused:
HP - 16,400~
Cons white to 80
Cons Dark blue to 83
Max hit - 195(Peerless Penchant rk 2)
Max hit - 182(Arag's Celerity)

Ritual Summoning:
Cons white to 80
Cons Dark blue to 83
Did not test

Servant of Chaos
Cons yellow to 80
Cons White to 81
Cons Dark blue to 83
Max hit - 208(Peerless)
Max hit - 194(Arag)

Enhanced Minion I

Cons yellow to 80
Cons yellow to 81
Cons Dark blue to 83
Max hit - 222(Peerless)
Max hit - 207(Arag)

Rykus

More numbers...

Spirit of Silverwing / Peerless Penchant Rk 2 with Enhanced Minion IV - cons level 79

Max hit 189

Spirit of Hoshkar / Unrivaled Rapidity Rk 1 with Enhanced Minion IV - cons yellow to 83

Max hit 237

Vidyne

It looks like our pets(not sure how far back it goes), got shifted up in levels on unfocused....
I remember silverwing being 72, and +4 from servant of chaos making it 76(75s said it was yellow con, while 73s said the unfocused was blue).

Now silverwing is 75, and you have to go to a +40 power focus to get 1 level, the first 30 of pet power increase doesn't mean anything..... or both pets are summoned as if they had pet power(30).....  I'm not sure, its strange

Silverwing was 72 at one time, and Hoshkar should have been 78.   Now they are 75 and 80, and pet focuses are weaker?

Rykus

Not sure how they're weaker, Hoshkar is level 84 with EM IV.

Still, DPS should be upgraded ~ 20% or so. Pre-SoD on raids my warder was doing ~ 450-600 DPS depending on group makeup, mage pets were parsing 800-1k.

Vidyne

Silverwing old:
Servant of Chaos(40 power) = 76
Enhanced Minion I(55 power) = 77

Silverwing new:
Servant of Chaos(40 power) = 76
Enhanced Minion I(55 power) = 77

I will see if ritual summoning(which did not focus the level of the pet) focuses the max hit.

Brane

Quote from: rhaug on October 24, 2008, 06:55:42 PM
thumbs up!

hope that the balance will be set and our pet will be around 85 90 procent of the mage pet tanking ability and dps.

thanks for the change to this already
in advance.

big hug

Sure as soon as you are ready to loose slow, cripple, and the ability to heal yourself.