Main Menu

SoD pet SUCKS

Started by Panthur, October 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhaug

we can get a better pet without loosing slow, cripple and heal thats not needed at all

its really not out of balance if our pet can tank better and dps better
its simply what we need to bring balance in the petorder of the different classes  in current sod expansion

its normal to ask for something what is natural.
if they make our pet very weak and out of tune then its natural to ask for a pet that is in tune with the mage pet line
its not whining its simply something that we deserve as one of the 3 main pet classes

Gharrik

I think what went wrong with beastlord pets compared with mage pets is that at some point, somebody decided beastlords aren't a pet class anymore and forgot to tell us about it.  I think the original concept was for us to mainly play pet cleric, so up to 60 our pet is comparable to mage pets plus we got massive heals... but our melee DPS kinda sucked.  Then things flipped around and over time we've gained better AC, better weapons, double/triple attack, etc. and so our pets have flat lined to compensate.  That's great if you are the type who likes to get in there and tank for fluffy, or more specifically, if you have the gear to be able to tank for fluffy.  But if you're super casual or for some other reason you really rely on your pet's power to get through, then that theme shift really kicks you in the crotch.

Vidyne

Quote from: Brane on October 25, 2008, 05:20:27 AM
Quote from: rhaug on October 24, 2008, 06:55:42 PM
thumbs up!

hope that the balance will be set and our pet will be around 85 90 procent of the mage pet tanking ability and dps.

thanks for the change to this already
in advance.

big hug

Sure as soon as you are ready to loose slow, cripple, and the ability to heal yourself.

I hate to be a little smart here, but...

Slow - Seeing lots of "slightly" slowed in the new expansion... mitigation is killing slow..  Devs admit they don't want slow around anymore and are phasing it out.
Cripple - We haven't had an upgrade in how many expansions.... does that count as losing it?
Ability to heal ourselves - Not alot better than a hot potion can do, but yes we can heal ourselves more often.

Our pet dps looks like it didn't increase much because the accuracy of the pet dropped.  Level went up, max hit went up by a decent amount.... no where near mage SoF increase but it shouldn't be.  But he seems to miss/hit non-maximum alot more than he used to.

This being said, Focused paragon, our block skill for tanking, melee dps, and possibly our heals and slows are what I think blocks us from having a better pet.

Mages have outstanding dps potential on the short burn and good dps via the pet on long term,  and higher level stun mitigation(more important in groups now that slow is dying..)

I still think our pet could use a "slight" upgrade, on the order of what we received in SoD, upgrading it that much in dps again.   It doesn't seem to tank any better than the old pet as wlel, but that will require more testing I guess? and the pet chart sheets showed that the ac was equal to the mage air pet... which is hard to believe but I will.

But your major problem is the beastlord itself.
While a raid geared beastlord has raid weapons, and raid gear to maximize their personal character dps.... a group geared beastlord does not.  There is quite a big gap between a raid geared beastlord and a group geared beastlord.
The gap... to me....  doesn't seem as big between group and raid mages.   A raid beastlord will do ok/even beat a raid mage on dps I'm guessing(no idea since things change so fast in the end game and I'm not playing on the bleeding edge).  However a group beastlord will get dominated by a group mage.

Just my opinion.  Probably wrong,  in that case I'm sorry in advance.

Vidyne

confirmed Ritual Summoning does not focus Hoshkor at all

Camikazi

http://www.antonius-bayle.org/kumbaja/spells/spell_view.php?id=4410

The spell data says it should focus Hoshkar, not much considering the focus level but some.

Vidyne

no max hit increase
no level increase
haven't tested a HP increase.

Camikazi

Guess they got lazy and didn't make a template for RS then. Not a first i guess :P

Khauruk

Pet foci now scale, so each expansion, the lower end ones will drop into uselessness.  This time it's at least RS, next time I'd expect anything below spire Servant at minimum.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Camikazi

Yea I completely forget they started doing that now. So yea guess RS won't work, wish they would change the max level though since it won't affect 81-85 pets anyway.

Razimir

Starting to have enough of this new warder. Bug reported on it already. Today in mechamatic guardian it couldn't off tank many seconds those top floor mobs. Lost quite many of warders there as promised heal was not nearly enough there to keep that excuse of warder alive. New warder is so horrible, that it is not even funny anymore. This all made me pretty curious how 78lvl pet would be duel against 83lvl one. With EM1 focused + peerles penchant rk2 hasted 78lvl pet actually won 83 lvl pet 2 times and 83lvl pet won once. We backed off when warder enraged and the one who did it 1st lost. I had all SoF pet AAs capped and my opponent missed only few AAs being maxed out. Very nice upgrade imo! Going to use silverwing one from now on.

-Raz

Edit. Added the pet duel part.

Panthur

My 83 pet cant off tank anything and im max aas (completely litterally) except for sod ones. This pet is pathetic and HORRIBLE. Why cantwe have an earthen stance and earth pet quality related warder if mages are going to get our promised line. We are SUPPOSED to be able to heal our pets and tend them as beastlords. Mages use summoned entities that they can discard etc per lore.

Fix our pet plz. It's way worse than an embarasment.

Camikazi

Something is not right, for a long time I kept reading Mages saying that we can heal much better then them so they needed a stronger pet, yet now their main heal spells efficiency are almost the same as ours plus they are gonna be getting our Promised line (Seems Prathun intends to put MAG on our SoF Promised spell too), yet they still have a much stronger pet, offensively and defensively.

Either they gotta lose those heals and put US back as the Healer pet class or our pets need to be boosted in both offensive and defensive.

Panthur

My pet dies so fast, off tanking trash in library that i cant even heal him efficiently even WITH my merc cleric, thats how bad he is. He just gets wtf owned, raped, dead. *I* tank better then my pet and i have no sod defensives at all yet.

Plx help our pets and fix out heal line to actualy be able to at least make an ATTEMPT at keeping thewatder up.

Razimir

I don't know what is wrong with lvl83 pet but even 78lvl one tanks better. Test it out.

-Raz

medoc

the sod pet is a joke plain and simple .