Main Menu

SoD pet SUCKS

Started by Panthur, October 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

I doubt a rogue in crystallos group gear(with low ac), tanks better than a warrior in solteris raid gear(higher ac)

rhaug

dont know much about it

anyway i am sure

we need some scientific proves, parses etc eveything that can be seen as pure proof.

then someone can bundle it together

and we all sign it to show that as beastlords we care about the performance of our pets
and we dont accept the current state of the new pet.

some action is needed, with full feedback of all beastlords
let them show that we care and we dont accept downgrades! to our warder

what we want is a strong pet that adds dps and that can tank allright.

enjoy

we need a person with the right contacts or knowhow or friends that can take the action to take our proof to the people that actually can upgrade our warder.

let them show that we care for our beastlord and pet

Windodar

I don't know wtf soe was thinking this time around...  Most of the spells are crap, and the 83 pet is so broken its unreal.  And it will prob take all year to get them to fix it.  This is getting stupid..  Why do they even bother beta testing if they will not accept any beta feedback there given??

Windodar

Panthur

I want to know how beta testers MISSED the warder not bashing or dual wielding... /boggle

It doesnt kick or anything either.

EDIT: I tried lower lv pet in low lv SOD zone, it missed mob like 90% and was zip dps, had tog et rid of it sigh.

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Panthur on November 08, 2008, 11:29:35 PM
I want to know how beta testers MISSED the warder not bashing or dual wielding... /boggle

It doesnt kick or anything either.

EDIT: I tried lower lv pet in low lv SOD zone, it missed mob like 90% and was zip dps, had tog et rid of it sigh.

it does duel weld, it just plain sucks.  had a wind nymph take it down to enrage before promised went off lol

Rilelil

The pet was parsed and complained about for a majority of the Beta process the problem wasn't the testers  not posting / /bugging the pet it was plain simply the lack of response.  From the Spell Dev who I believe didn't look at the boards once during the entire beta process hence the current situation with our pets and spells / discs for all the classes.

Sushe

There was a lot of parsing done in beta on the level 83 warder. A thread devoted to it.. and I am sure others submited bug reports just as I did. Beta testers can only provide their findings however, we can not make the devs act on them.

It comes down to the simple fact that we were ignored. That is the long and short of it.

Panthur

I bet if mage pet was bugged it woudl have been fixed in beta instantly

Vidyne

I'm getting 65% accuracy on dark blues to 85 in Field of Scale with Silverwing.
I still have to test silverwing's accuracy on some reds/yellows.
Still doubt I'll be bringing out hoshkar.

Panthur

The lv 78 pet has like a 10% accuracy on white+ and is totaly useless.

Vidyne

Seems very low, but I'll have to test it out.

Accuracy shouldn't go that far into the hole until yellows I'd think.

EM1 pet is 77 con, should start seeing huge accuracy drops at 87 cons.

Panthur

Lv 85 mobs, the lower lv pet cant hit at all. The only thing the sod pet has going for it is the level it is to hit something my level and up.

Karilis

Frankly, I'm wondering... if it had been the beastlord vision to start with, that we be the "pet cleric" class, but we're supposed to pull ahead in melee DPS... and that's supposed to be from raid gear melee foci and raid weapons.  Why didn't they make us -everyone's- pet clerics?

Some of the elite mages seem to really have it in for us.

Would they hate us so much if our role was, when we had originally gotten the better pet heals, to be able to heal -any- pet?  Sure we don't have the vast cleric mana pool, or the yaulp standing/combat mana regen, and we're mostly going to want to be meleeing mobs, but frankly, wouldn't it have offered us a new and better group dynamic, and maybe a variable raid dynamic, to be able to heal other pets, instead of getting our heals farmed out?  And shouldn't it have been that way to begin with?

I mean, pet heals to begin with meant that we couldn't/shouldn't be grouping, back in Luclin, if we wanted to use our mana most efficiently, it would go to popping a complete heal on the pet(pet level buff) and after that was 'fixed' our pet heals.  Pet heals means a pet has to be tanking, and therefore most traditional groups don't work, and even some non traditional groups, no tank or melee class worth their salt, is going to want to sit around and watch, or work on throwing/archery, while some pet does all the work.

I think we were meant to bring about pet groups as a viable option, even though they had been semi viable forever, but regardless.

The thing I'm afraid people aren't taking into account with the Hoshkar/silverwing thing.

We're comparing one of the top 5 focuses for silverwing, to one of the bottom five focuses for hoshkar, on enhanced minion one.

Since they only right pet tables for so many focus effects, this was probably intended.  You upgrade your pet, you want it to be as powerful over the last one, you need to get the same tier pet focus upgrade.

So we probably need the Enhanced minion 4 effect, to see Hoshkar increase in tanking 1-5%, or maybe even just stay the same as Silverwing.

What I was getting at earlier with some of the mages being really elitist, there were quotes being bandied around that a mage said our pets should be weaker than any and all of their pets minimum stats.  -what- -the- -flub- ?

Frankly, yes, a raid geared Beastlord is doing fine in their place on the scale of things during raids, and probably doesn't want to stagnate in melee DPS for a pet boost that would only help them out most of the time.

A group geared beastlord though would love it if the raid tiering slowed down and stagnated, and gave us some catchup through our spells and pets.

A mage stands to increase maybe twice their maximum focus from grouping to raiding?  up to an average increase of 40% DPS on their most common DPS spells, but regardless, have an 800 unbuffed DPS monster at their disposal in the fire pet.

Does anyone have a class envisioning post by the Devs?  I would frankly like to know what they see us as, and/or if they have any vision at all for our pets.

Kanan

QuoteDoes anyone have a class envisioning post by the Devs?  I would frankly like to know what they see us as, and/or if they have any vision at all for our pets.

heh.. getting this question answered is something we've tried for years and years and never have gotten a solid answer.  Many other classes have much the same problem.  I think the devs don't want to paint themselves or their successors into a corner by making a statement like this.  I dunno tho.. that's pure supposition.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Panthur

As far as im concerned, our pets should be eaqual to their earth pet in tanking (but ya ill never see it happen) and the mage vs bst themselves (sans pet) should be the comparason that is arguable. Each are diferent style, roles, etc. They nuke the **** outta stuff, we melee with our pet.

Why is their swarm pet hitting 1100 per hit while ours barely does 500 per hit? Granted, i love it when i quad proc, but how often do we do that?

Our warder is so bugged atm, my lv 76 mag air pet beats the **** out of my 83 warder :( its so embarasing. I'm suposed to be a bst lord, with 50% of my dps aas attuned to my warder, who dies in a flash.

He needs some TLC big time.

EDIT: oh ya max rank 2nd spire thats a 2260 dd proc on warder. But since warder is so weak, the proc barely fires. That or there's some bug with epic proc and spirit of whatever conflicting. Or just SOMETHING not right for it to fire twice in the duration when decsription implies it to not be that rare. I mean cmon, at 5 aa per rank it better be procing more then twice, lol.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention I noticed both bst promised heals are back to beast only, as I was shopping for it for my mage who had just dinged 78. Not sure if the spell's mana or heal amount was put back etc. or anything. Didn't have time to look it up.