Main Menu

SoD pet SUCKS

Started by Panthur, October 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karve

Dunno, keep posting asking for updates .. don't let the thread go cold....

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=45&topic_id=142379

Professional Mad Bastard.

Bibble

Quit my BST to play a mage. BST was fun for awhile, but the game has gone in another direction.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Inphared

Quote from: Bibble on February 23, 2009, 03:27:52 AM
Quit my BST to play a mage. BST was fun for awhile, but the game has gone in another direction.

Loser.

side

no need for name calling -- kids will be kids -- LoL

Side

Brane

Quote from: bobokatt1970 on November 15, 2008, 12:02:37 AM
  Even though my pet was fully raid buffed, had full pet weapons, mask and belt and had full Elaborate defiant Plate for everything else

You are aware that the attunable items vanish as soon as you have bagged it once yes?

Dilgartownguard

visable slots dont vanish.

bobokatt1970

Hum dont get what you mean bud.  I just bought a full set of elaborate defiant gear (which is so plenty and overflowing in the bazaar that made it beyond cheap).  I never wore the items.. just directly placed on pet, as i would anything else such as summoned gear.  If the warder is not equipping them it's news to me and would need to look into this.

In regards to Bibble's post... I am sorry you are done with BSTS and moved on to a Mage, but it's your dollar and time to play and do what you have to do to enjoy the game. However an end game BST is a powerhouse, "weak" pet or no weak pet.  I would not trade mine in for any other class and I would assume any other class that has put so much effort and work and time into whichever class they play, would say the same (about their own class).

Brane

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on February 23, 2009, 01:23:10 PM
visable slots dont vanish.

Attunable items become flagged NOTRADE as soon as you suspend the pet. Pets do not use NOTRADE items.

So "vanish" might be the wrong word, but they loose all effect, and still block the slot.

Attunable armor/weapons and pet use was already tested by the mages, you can check it here

bobokatt1970

-1 for me for not keeping up and reading about this.  Thank you for this... my bad entirely and explains a lot now. On a good note I wont spend so much time buying this crap now.  I suppose it then reinforces and justifies the mage summoned gear for all to use.

I feel rather dumb :)

rhaug

actually bst is quite a tough class to play
without decent raid gear or tier 5 groupgear
the dps is average then even when using all tricks you got.

i can imagine that mages
can get much more done with lesser aa and there pet is uber and a decent mana pool and focus items do the job further

calling people loser
just shows that you as highendraider dont know much whats going on with casual beastlords
compared to other classes

time they give us some strong pet
we dont sacrafice our double attack ets for some weak pet dps

Inphared

Quote from: rhaug on February 23, 2009, 08:54:22 PM
calling people loser
just shows that you as highendraider dont know much whats going on with casual beastlords
compared to other classes

I play a bard in full groupable gear. Groupgeared bards just got nerfed by the instrument mod changes. I know what sucks and what doesn't.

I've tried to have this argument several times, and it never comes out well, so I just stopped bothering. But if you play a Beastlord to level 70, get it over 100 AA's, and then decide that you need to reroll because your pet sucks, you're not playing the game. You're envious. If Beastlords suddenly became the best DPS in the game, that guy and everyone else that didn't play the class would instantly change, just because they want to have "the best".

It's silly.

Gutterr

Can we lock this thread and let it die?

side

why would you want thrrad locked -- I learned about defient gear!! thanks for the info -)

Side

Khauruk

I'm almost tired of it enough to lock it.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared