Main Menu

SoD pet SUCKS

Started by Panthur, October 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damim

Wolfcaller

Karve

The thread in general has been informative and useful.

The real pet suckig issue still stands, and its not DPS, it is tankability/survivability i.e. can it take a proper spanking.

That issue is still with us, and I would like to see that corrected a little more. As I've said before, if BSTs parse in the top 4 on raids, they must be within the vision, so only the group side is affected to any degree and mainly that seems to be pet offtanking, a viable ability we used to have.

Having the pet with a few k more hp but no mor addition to skills/DPS may give it that extra survivability /shrug.

Professional Mad Bastard.

medoc

I don`t see how a few k more hps will help that's like what one more hit from some mobs ?. I think our pet needs a little more mitigation or more avoidance that's just my 2 cents. The pet is lacking in dps also yes yes i know we have had a good dps boost but if things keep going the way they are our pet will be useless in a expansion or two

Vidyne

Posted it alot everywhere /shrugs.

Beast pet gets hit 54% of the time(49% with prism skin)
All other pets get hit 46-48% of the time except mage who get hit 37% of the time(prism skin).
Mag/Nec/Bst pet ac(mitigation) is identical or within 1%

Karve

So we continue to complain on SoE boards but we're all agreed pet should tank much beter and be on the same level of mitigation as mage pet ?
If we arent asking for DPS, what effect does upping mitigation that much have ? would it overpower us?

Afterall,if we're agreed we don't want DPS and we just want a reasonable level of mitigation boost and maybe a few k hp to stop the pet getting 1 rounded  it may present a more viable request.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Vidyne

Quote from: Karve on February 27, 2009, 10:11:50 AM
So we continue to complain on SoE boards but we're all agreed pet should tank much beter and be on the same level of mitigation as mage pet ?

The pet already outmitigates fire and water pets, is very close to being equal to air, and loses to earth pet.
Yet despite this, it takes more incoming dps than all 4 of those pets because of its lack of avoidance via prism skin and block/parry.

Brane

Quote from: Vidyne on February 27, 2009, 12:12:30 PM
... because of its lack of avoidance via prism skin...

Well excuse me we do have Prism Skin, maybe you dont use it?

Mage PS:

QuoteIceflame Assault Rk. II

Description:

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 294

Recourse Effect: Prism Skin

2: Block Melee or Spells(2)

Compare that to our PS:

QuoteSpirit of Vaxztn Strike Rk. II
Classes:

* None

Description:

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 488
    2: Increase Hate by 50
    3: Stun(1.50 sec/85)

Recourse Effect: Prism Skin

2: Block Melee or Spells(1)

jitathab

and look at the numbers... the mage version blocks twice as many hits  as bst version and therefore it gets an advantage in prism skin, so mages prism > bst prism skin.

Grbage

Upping the pets defensive abilities will not overpower us and should be seen as a reasonable request by the devs.

-Up block from 8% to other pets have 12%

-Add 5% parry skill.

-Up stun length, would like to be same duration as air pet but at least 2 seconds.

-2 hit prism skin recourse.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Brane

Quote from: jitathab on February 27, 2009, 01:50:50 PM
and look at the numbers... the mage version blocks twice as many hits  as bst version and therefore it gets an advantage in prism skin, so mages prism > bst prism skin.
Oh yes it blocks 2!! hits of instead of 1. The horror! Of course our pet has a dex buff, so it will proc slightly more often, but lets disregard that. Of course our buff has an added stun, but lets disregard that too! Refering to the normally listed earth pet here, that has no initiate stun.

Grbage

QuoteOh yes it blocks 2!! hits of instead of 1. The horror! Of course our pet has a dex buff, so it will proc slightly more often, but lets disregard that. Of course our buff has an added stun, but lets disregard that too! Refering to the normally listed earth pet here, that has no initiate stun.

Normally I try not to be insulting but where did you learn to do math?

-From 1 hit rune to 2 hit rune is a 100% increase. Not a big deal with a 100hp hit but huge when we are talking 4khits.

-Stun going from 1.5 seconds to 3.0 seconds, see above.

-When is the last time you've seen a mage use their earth pet? Air pet makes a superior tank due to it's better dps, agro generation and stun mitigation. Earth pet is only used in special situations and by those who havent figured it out.

Edit:  fixed formatting
--Khauruk
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Wolfcaller

Quote from: Brane on February 27, 2009, 06:11:27 PM
Quote from: jitathab on February 27, 2009, 01:50:50 PM
Oh yes it blocks 2!! hits of instead of 1. The horror! Of course our pet has a dex buff, so it will proc slightly more often, but lets disregard that. Of course our buff has an added stun, but lets disregard that too! Refering to the normally listed earth pet here, that has no initiate stun.

1 hit v. 2 is huge.  The extra prism block and parry skill leads to Vidyne's numbers above:

"Posted it alot everywhere /shrugs.

Beast pet gets hit 54% of the time(49% with prism skin)
All other pets get hit 46-48% of the time except mage who get hit 37% of the time(prism skin).
Mag/Nec/Bst pet ac(mitigation) is identical or within 1%"

bobokatt1970

I've found this thread to be very informative period.  What I would like to know is from some of the top level, end game bsts on this forum.. when you have all your aa's done, the best focus for pet, all the clickies you've collected over the years, all the insane gear and rank 3 spells, all veteran, etc., are you also complaining about your pet?

I was grouping on an alt the other day and was in a group with two bsts, one was 81 and the other 84, both not raid geared.. had maybe 60-100 aa each, and it was (and I am sad to say) pathetic to see their DPS and how fast they and their pets would die on a bad pull.  Granted, they probably did not have a the skill of a long playing, top end bst, but my God it was sad.  The group with a merc  and 2 others was taking ages to kill regular mobs in Tosk that I could go for a bio, refill my coffee, check my email and we would still be on the same mob.  I am certainly not making fun of this... at one point I must have been there too.

Skill as a bst, good, smartly placed gear over the years and loads of AA is such a game changer. I know I am stating the obvious, just interesting if at the top end, bsts even bother noticing or caring if their SoD pet can't offtank this or that, or is half that of a mage pet, when they got everything rounded off properly.

Grbage

With all aa's and best focus the pet is still pathetic. The difference is that top end raid geared bst can take the abuse that low end group geared bst can't. That's always been true but with beefing up mobs got in SoF it exagerated the issue. AC/hps/secondary mods became even more important with the changes and all group gear really has on it is hps.

As for DPS, yeah you will see a huge difference between the bst you were grouped with and raid geared. They need a lot of aa's to crank out DPS. There are finally good group gear weapons out there but with those stats they'll need help getting them.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv