Main Menu

SoD Pet Focuses

Started by Padani, November 09, 2008, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padani

Can anyone provide any links to the new pet foci's from the new expansion please?  I know the new pet stinks or at least so I have read (page after page) just want to know what kind of upgrade I would get if I kept using Silverwing but got a better pet focus from the new expansion.  I am currently using the CoA BST boot focus which I already know isn't the best but I can't afford the BB earring and I am not crystallos flagged so just wondering if there were any new pet foci's that were attainable in the new expansion that were better than things I cannot get :)  Thanks for any help.

Sushe

By doing progression and unlocking the different Voids (a,b,c,etc) you gain access to type 3 pet focus augments.

I don't have the entire list for them at this time nor saddly which progression line unlocked which augment.

Khauruk

Do the quests starting in DSH for the earring - that's your best bet.

Or, if you have some type-3 augmentable gear, check out the voids in Rasper's Repository.  There're type3 pet focus augs now buyable from Zebuxorouk(sp?).  But, you'll need to do a bunch of progression tasks to access them.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Vidyne

Looks like you should be able to buy Enhanced Minion 3 in Void F
But that's just speculation on my part, by the name of the item, and the progression.

Latang

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=78835

EM IV apparently available from Zeb in void, after killing the temple of bertox queen raid. I don't have void b c d e or anything like that, but have beaten the queen, didn't get a chance to see if it's available yet, will do so tonight.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Adruger

IV is available in Void A if you have done Queen, oddly when I opened Void B, C, D it opened up lesser (the older focii) and more expensive (chrono cost) ones, wondering if someone set something backwards.

Inphared

IV is only available after you unlock raids. Voids B, C, and D open up I, II, and III (respectively). As for the cost, it's the idea that Raider's don't normally do group content (justified by advancing through voids by completing raids).

If you're curious, the top pet focus is looking to be Enhanced Minion VIII.

Padani

I am curious but I am sure that as a member of a casual raiding guild and a casual grouper as well the EM IV is probably the best I can hope for in my position as I think we plan on trying to at least open the Void A. 

Inphared

Quote from: Padani on November 11, 2008, 11:53:21 PM
I am curious but I am sure that as a member of a casual raiding guild and a casual grouper as well the EM IV is probably the best I can hope for in my position as I think we plan on trying to at least open the Void A.

Void A is the default starting position for anyone with SoD. It takes no tasks to unlock, and is available to everyone.

Padani

Oops ok Void B then LOL I have almost all of the aug tasks done just need the group ones left

zmanone

Quote from: Adruger on November 11, 2008, 05:44:20 AM
IV is available in Void A if you have done Queen, oddly when I opened Void B, C, D it opened up lesser (the older focii) and more expensive (chrono cost) ones, wondering if someone set something backwards.

IV is actually available after you beat Stop the Assension raid in BB, Bite RK3 opens after you beat this and the Queen raid.  Beating these 2 raids also flags you for your next void (if you don't already have it from completing the group stuff in Oceangreen)

Karve

Quote from: zmanone on December 05, 2008, 08:17:18 PM
Quote from: Adruger on November 11, 2008, 05:44:20 AM

IV is actually available after you beat Stop the Assension raid in BB, Bite RK3 opens after you beat this and the Queen raid.  Beating these 2 raids also flags you for your next void (if you don't already have it from completing the group stuff in Oceangreen)

IV became available to me after completing Malarian Queen, - I'd doen group prog to void E already.
No other raids done in SoD.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Nusa

I got IV after doing only the Rottrued raid. No Queen raid, no other void progression finished at the time.

Mazame

There are the ones off the Void vender that are the ones that go up to 90%.

They start with Void B  (Group Progression) and are called ___ Dyadic Quartzite
Void B = Minor  = 45%
Void C = Lessor = 50%
Void D = Major  = 55%
Void E = Greater =60%
Void F = Glowing =65%
Void G = Raid only so is listed below.

The Raid ones come from doing Diffrent raids  and are called ____ Dyadic Quartz
    ** Note the " ite " was Dropped from the raid ones

Minor = 70%  = kill of Queen Malarian in Temple of Bertoxx OR BB Raid
Lessor = 75% =
Major = 80% =unlocked after either Pallorax the Soul Slayer or Venom Lord Ksathrax
Greater = 85% =after we Beat The Mindblight in discord Tower.
Void G =Glowing = 90% =Defeating Discord Tower(A.K.A. Citadel of the worldslayer)

Nusa

Those are table indexes, not percentages. I know what you mean, but using the % symbol can give people the wrong idea about the power improvement.