Main Menu

Issue with Spirit of Hoshkar (Dev info)

Started by Sushe, November 20, 2008, 12:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushe

Ok, I just recieved info through my dev contact that Rytan is aware of the issues with power of Hoshkar vs Silverwing. This is what I was told.. please take this with a grain of salt because I do not know 100% if this could be good or bad.

This is what I was told:
'... apparently the beastlord bug where the SoF warder is better than the SoD warder has already been fixed in data, it was an inverted table problem. Now, if you read that carefully, all I said is the problem where the SoF warder is better than the SoD warder should be fixed...'

NOW, I do not know when this is going live and/or if this means that the SoF warder was too strong and being tuned down OR the SoD warder was too weak and being tuned up.

This also only applies to the Silverwing vs Hoshkar issue.. no other tuning.

jitathab

But the SoF warder is not better overall than the SoD warder, it only tanks better, the dps get progresivley worse. So if they simply swap them over we will not have progressed at all.

I think the "inversion" is more than going to be swapping over two lines in the database, it has to be.

Also are any bsts getting anywhere near the 1400 dps burst i am seeing mages get with their main pet at lvl 85 and EM1 and no spires or 7th? What are you hitting? Im seeing mages regularly hitting 1000 dps over bsts in burst fights. Are there errors elsewhere in pet tables is my point here.

Razimir

Quote from: jitathab on November 20, 2008, 01:45:04 PM
Also are any bsts getting anywhere near the 1400 dps burst i am seeing mages get with their main pet at lvl 85 and EM1 and no spires or 7th? What are you hitting? Im seeing mages regularly hitting 1000 dps over bsts in burst fights. Are there errors elsewhere in pet tables is my point here.

I think, you ment that mage's pet does 1400dps? Add mages own dps on that and they are doing pretty insane dps atm.

-Raz

Sharrien

I've seen mages in our guild (raiding the beginning of Solt and tier 1-2 SoF) parsing well over 3k dps.  I think a lot of it has to do with spell weaving.  The cast times for nukes was reduced and the recast increased on most of them.  Net effect is that they can dump mana into dps very quickly by weaving spells as long as they can control their aggro, Silent Casting is perfect for burst fights.  I think most do a combo of Bolt and Shock of Many or Annihilate depending on the target along with clicky nuke and rage pet whenever GoM pops.  I'm not much of a min/maxer since my mage is a boxed alt that I don't always get to bring him on raids, but even boxed with just half my attention on him, he puts up decent numbers.  A couple weeks ago my beast and mage were #2 and #5 on the guild parse on Wulfnor, that was pretty sweet seeing both my toons in the top five.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Dilgartownguard

Best I've seen my pet do is 730 dps on burst, used disc and had bard over haste with EM3. On that same fight mage with EM1's pet did over 1500 dps.

This is including my pets proc dps and not the mages as it was my parse.

Panthur

Our SOF warder was perfect for tanking sof content and era. It's dps sucked buty at least it could TANK.

We ARE a major pet class. Over half our skills / aas are geeared to pet, most of our dps is linked to pet (burst). It SHOULD better tank content we are fighting and be better than some wimpy dot. We are attuned to keeping this thing alive not keeping up a liability that isnt on par with us tanking or dps wise.

Why should mages be the only pet tanking class? And don't give me that bs about them being silk wearers. Big deal. I'm in leather. Gate? My gate is bind point. I need a pet that can stand up to mobs ajust s much as any mage needs. It's essential for the bst class as it is for a mage. We however, have way less utility in how our pets are used. We get ONE pet. Thats it. They get 4 to choose from per situation of group or solo style.

Wolfcaller

Quote from: Sushe on November 20, 2008, 12:41:26 AM
'Now, if you read that carefully, all I said is the problem where the SoF warder is better than the SoD warder should be fixed...'

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but that sounds like SoF pet is getting nerfed.

Panthur

So, when does this *fix* go live? And any news on test?

Wolfcaller

If there was a data mistake with the SoF pet, it was a *good* mistake.  BSTs could finally keep their pet alive on raids without babysitting it, and we were grateful for that.  The SoF pet is good, mistake or not.  The SoD pet should be an upgrade to the current SoF pet, not an upgrade to a nerfed SoF pet.

Nerfing the SoF pet instead of improving the SoD one would be a big step back to the problems we used to have keeping our warder alive.  We've had the SoF pet for over a year, and I've heard no other classes complain.

Vidyne

With EM1 focus, a guildie mage is getting around 700dps out of his pet on normal group encounters in guardian.  Pal/War/Clr/Mag/Brd/Bst.   The range was 620dps - 800 dps.

Khauruk

Seeing as it was Rytan who made our TSS pet (which the SoF was based off of), I'm guessing it won't be a nerf to the SoF pet.  I think Sushe just is trying to be very clear (s)he doesn't know how it's going to be handled.  I hope this is hte case anyways :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Panthur

I really do wish we had better communications with dev, or vice versa.

Obsessedwith

well new patch on test as of today and warders still suck like they did previously. 

Kanan

test silverwing in comparison pls.  If it's evaporating too, we've gotten totally screwed.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Panthur

Hopefuly the fix didnt get to test server yet....