Main Menu

Issue with Spirit of Hoshkar (Dev info)

Started by Sushe, November 20, 2008, 12:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

Latang

Because you're a savior! Your sig tells us so.

What's duration/recast on that buff?

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Latang

Karve

Professional Mad Bastard.

Vidyne

Latang

Hmm. would be good thing to have actually. Been too lazy to farm bp essences tho, I'll have to start on that tonight.

Inphared

The circled number is why I don't give two farts about this entire subject. All of you are busy complaining about the pet to realize that the power doesn't have to come from him.

Before any of you go off the edge and say "UR RAIDER LULZ GET OUTZ HERE WITH UBER GEARZ", yes, I know that. I'm not saying every Beastlord this side of the Mason Dixon should parse over 7k, but the secret isn't in the pet. Utilize what you have and get over yourselves.

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Inphared on January 22, 2009, 04:18:27 AM

The circled number is why I don't give two farts about this entire subject. All of you are busy complaining about the pet to realize that the power doesn't have to come from him.

Before any of you go off the edge and say "UR RAIDER LULZ GET OUTZ HERE WITH UBER GEARZ", yes, I know that. I'm not saying every Beastlord this side of the Mason Dixon should parse over 7k, but the secret isn't in the pet. Utilize what you have and get over yourselves.

While i agree with you that the pet isn't everything it is something that we need to have fixed, you are rare my friend and right now 90% of us will need to fight for everything we can get.  Telling people to get over themselves while posting a "brag" sub 3 min burn with the gear you have is ironic to say the least.  Its a lot easier to make due with what you have when you have the best.  Now us normal beasts need to fight for a solution, and yes mister uber it would help you too believe it or not.

Inphared

Quote from: Inphared on January 22, 2009, 04:18:27 AM
Before any of you go off the edge and say "UR RAIDER LULZ GET OUTZ HERE WITH UBER GEARZ", yes, I know that. I'm not saying every Beastlord this side of the Mason Dixon should parse over 7k, but the secret isn't in the pet.

Reading > You.

My pet sucks just a very tiny little bit less than yours does.

Shocking, I know.

My point is, if you spend a fight looking at your pet's damage scroll by, as opposed to your own, you're doing something wrong. Are your nukes locked out? Is howl being chained? Do you have the appropriate AA's to milk your individual self for DPS? Are you positioning yourself correctly?

Tiny things add up. I'm not saying I am pleased with the state of my pet. But I do with what I have, which is more than all of you are giving yourselves credit for.

Latang

So what goes into a 3 minute 7k dps burn? In the zerker forum they have many posts detailing pro's and cons to different disc orders. How do YOU do it? What spells do you have memmed? To get that number do you have a shaman and a bard in your group? Do you start with BA, then group BA, then BE, then 7th yr, then 3rd spire, then what? etc. Share your wisdom, oh sarcastic one. Personally I'm usually typing lots of stuff in caps at the raid, since nowadays I'm leading more raids than I'm actually enjoying.

Maybe do a new post somewhere.

Vidyne

perhaps someone smarter than me can help me with a possible problem I'm running into. 

Test Eighty Five, is doing between 380-420dps to the 76, 78, 81, and 83 pets.  I'm starting to wonder if this is his diminishing returns point, or if the mages didn't get a defensive upgrade either in SoD(besides more pet AA/pet spells/etc).

Any idea how much the test mob's atk goes up with each "increase offense"?  Seems raising that raises avg hit, but not max/min

Orbus1

QuoteMy point is, if you spend a fight looking at your pet's damage scroll by, as opposed to your own, you're doing something wrong. Are your nukes locked out? Is howl being chained? Do you have the appropriate AA's to milk your individual self for DPS? Are you positioning yourself correctly?

Tiny things add up. I'm not saying I am pleased with the state of my pet. But I do with what I have, which is more than all of you are giving yourselves credit for.

To quote an earlier post you made somewhere Inpha..../golf clap

jitathab

And here lies the problem, the bitching and moaning and cant agree on anything

Wolfcaller

The pet needs to be fixed, nobody's disagreeing with that.  Some people just like to bitch for the sake of bitching though.  They're best ignored.

kindarring2

Whats funny is I have been playing for 6 years or so and find myself well geared aa's ect and I can never come close to 7k dps..... Shoot on that fight I did 4186 (now I did not do pure burn on it but shit Its sad to say I do not know the burn order to get a pharse that high).
MY burn order is kinda weak:
Start off with Growl on hit GBA
Then go Disc with vet aa and fenzy aa
Nuke swarm pets ect every chance i get I load 2 ice and 1 poison nuke. Now I also still hit people with fero and FP while I dps down mobs So I know I lose stuff.
I hope oneday to hit 7k pharse but do not see it anytime soon, Unless my burns are totally off and can be inproved.... JUst never had a beast to tell me a burn cycle.... That would be a good post to make on these forums the max burn and spell set for it......

Maybe someone could help us beast out. BTW I always thought I had great DPS for a beast until I met Inpha now I just think I suck on the dps part of the class.

Do not look at magelo I need to update it lol it way way off and behind lol last update 10/10/08 i think lol.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update