Main Menu

Issue with Spirit of Hoshkar (Dev info)

Started by Sushe, November 20, 2008, 12:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsessedwith

if code was missing on defense it could have also been missing on offense

nicknacks

OK so I may be mis-reading but between the lines it appears that people think that Warrior itemisation in the databse may be missing - from Panthur's post "With no warrior skills the pet's dual, double, and tripple attacks are way down" and from Rytan's comment "The short version is that they were missing some data that the previous 76-80 pets had".  Could it be something as simple as not marking the pet as a Warrior / having Warrior skills?  That would account for a loss of tanking ability with the extra AC bonus / etc. but also lacklustre DPS with reduced dbl/triple attacks, etc?

Sushe

I plan on poking my contact again today to see if anything has changed or if they have any info on when the next patch might be. Saddly the devs have been out of the office a lot lately with the holiday season.... so not much is getting done in general.

I also asked them to check into GBA, not sure what will come of that but I will try and keep everyone here as up to date as i can.

Obsessedwith

More info from Rytan

Obsessed,  thanks for the formatting fix that's much more readable.

I took another look at the pets and uncovered a problem with their defensive skills and their offense rating that is probably causing some of the issues you're seeing.  I'll get those updated on on test as soon as I can.  i suspect we'll patch by wednesday. Are you seeing lower dual wield/double attack rates then the lower level pets?  from all I can tell they should be equal in those regards.

I'd like to cover one thing at a time so lets stick to the pets for now until we get that squared away.

-Ryan

he is right on the double attack / duel weld rates being the same

Sharrien

You're my hero Ob!  Next time we die on a raid you sir will get my first focussed paragon! :-D
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

bobokatt1970

Damn I redact all mention of my previous post in regards to nothing probably getting changed.  I always figured since we are "semi" capable of tanking some stuff.. and adding decent DPS... that our pets were never going to be half of what a mage pet can do.  Good stuff Obsessed.

On a side note, just got my 85 necro pet for my alt necro.  That thing is a machine! it's scary to watch him go -- heck the 83 necro pet is one tough cookie as well.  When i get a chance gona sick the pets side by side on each other and see how ours do against the necro.  Should be some fun :)

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Sharrien on December 02, 2008, 02:03:26 PM
You're my hero Ob!  Next time we die on a raid you sir will get my first focussed paragon! :-D

But then who gets mine!!

Wolfcaller

Good info, thanks.  Looks like I was too pessimistic in my earlier post.  Thanks for staying on this with the devs.

Obsessedwith

more info hehe

Inbox :: Message
To:    Obsessedwith
Date:    12/02/2008 10:15:55
Subject:    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:83 Beastlord warder

I found the bash issue for sure (well ok pretty sure)  but the dual weild/double attack rates look normal.  Their offense skill was also set incorrectly so that's going to have a pretty dramatic impact on their hit rates and damage.

Latang

Honestly, this is brilliant. More than likely the change will be less than we want, but tbh any improvement would be worthwhile. Good work you guys :)

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Panthur

My mage just got her 81 air pet and uses crystallos trio group content petfocus, i thinki ts EM1.  She has 0 aas. Her 81 air pet is out tanking and beeating the tar out of my 3000 aa bsts pet in every direction possible.

Can we pretty plz plz plz ph PLEASE plz  have the modle for the 81 air pet as our warder?

Plz? It's so embarasing as a bst with so many years put into her that up comes my super duper gimp arse mage whos pet makes my main's look like a pos hardly worth summonig on raids.

EDIT: Oops, bst has 3000 aa, not 30000 aa!

jitathab

It would interesting to know if any of the other classes pets are actually right, its easy to spot when something sucks, but too good?

Next question is when is this hitting live?

Panthur

My mag air pet is what i'd love my SOD warder to base perform as (with mage's 0 aas regarding pet except for persistant minion-- i realy do need to get her /pet hold and pet focus!)) Pet clericing is...well for mage her 15k mana sucks lol. And tier 1 merc (the 34 plat one that casts ranks IIs) has just as bad a mana pool as my mage, but together the merc and mage can beat non named iksar in fos, but at fight's end obviously they both oom.

With the right aas on mage, and getting flagged for VoidE merc..that team can do some serious action.

EDIT: Wasn't clear what i meant on pet base: I meant it as both classes with 0 aas.

Latang

Erm, it will never happen Panthur, because then we WOULD be overpowered. Mage pet is a chainsaw mounted on a tank. Let's just be happy if our pet can actually tank when the changes go live, and maybe get a reasonable dps boost too...

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>