Main Menu

Issue with Spirit of Hoshkar (Dev info)

Started by Sushe, November 20, 2008, 12:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsessedwith

the focus of rytan was to get the pet fixed, it has been fixed.  now that that is done he has promised me he will talk more about the other issues.  the warders strength is one of them.  give it time.

Panthur

Problem is the patches are monthly so we are stuck waiting month after month.... Oh look, its a new expansion...

Sorta what it feels like.

Obsessedwith

I sent rytan another message about possibly increasing the pets dps to 40% above SoF and defense to 25% over SoF pet and this was his responce

To:    Obsessedwith
Date:    12/05/2008 17:28:26
Subject:    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:83 Beastlord warder

I'm planning on looking at it some more next week after the patch, but I won't have time to make any additional changes before Tuesday.

One step at a time is all we can expect but the he is showing the willingness to listen and make adjustments which is very good for us.

Panthur

Great. Not fixed this patch, a month after release. And not fixed for another month if at all....

Disappointing.

Obsessedwith

Um it is fixed on test right now and will go live this patch, this was in responce to a BOOST over the corrected pet

Panthur

I know that. Its just agonizingly slow to get fixed for being a useful partner in battle. Both in dps and tanking, not to mention our pet healing ability is seriously hampered.

Brane

Quote from: Panthur on December 07, 2008, 01:30:58 AM
... and tanking, .../quote]

Why do you aspire for something the class was never intended for ?

Camikazi

Quote from: Brane on December 08, 2008, 04:13:47 PM
Quote from: Panthur on December 07, 2008, 01:30:58 AM
... and tanking, ...

Why do you aspire for something the class was never intended for ?

Not sure about you, but when I started my Beastlord and for a LONG time, my pet WAS used for tanking since it tanked much better then I did. Even after I was better at tanking, I still used pet to offtank adds (which is what Panthur is referring too). If you ever read other class forums you will see that add offtanking with pet is one thing almost always mentioned when Beastlords are brung up. It is something we have been able too do, even in SoF my pet could offtank with me healing it, in SoD, I don't even get a chance to heal it alot of the time before it dies.

Orbus1

I have to agree, on raids he is extra dps. When soloing though and in some groups he is used as an OT whenever needed. I have always used my warder this way.

Vidyne

I've always thought of him as a weak offtank that took alot of mana to keep up, but we could keep him up most of the time.

If he isn't meant to tank, why does he have superiority tanking to enchanter and SK pets.

Obsessedwith

our pets have always been either OUR tank while we healed or an add offtank.  been this way since day one.

Panthur

Always used my pet to offtank adds when grouped or solo. From day one. WHY would it suddenly be changed now? Added with our heals now way way down per progression we can't fill our traditional roles as pet offtankers. Let alone mash pet lay hands fast enough to heal him before he croakes while enranged.

Speaking od whihc, does his enrage actualy WORK now? Mine just enrages and gets wtf owened regardless :(

Camikazi

Quote from: Panthur on December 08, 2008, 09:45:24 PM
Always used my pet to offtank adds when grouped or solo. From day one. WHY would it suddenly be changed now? Added with our heals now way way down per progression we can't fill our traditional roles as pet offtankers. Let alone mash pet lay hands fast enough to heal him before he croakes while enranged.

Speaking od whihc, does his enrage actualy WORK now? Mine just enrages and gets wtf owened regardless :(

That is cause of mob strikethrough (they are still hitting through enrage, weaponshield and all riposte type discs), which should be fixed with patch.

Panthur

Oh good! Was kinda /boggled at why pets enrage wasnt working at all.

Speaking of patch, any link to the test patch notes so i dont have towait till tomorrow to see them?

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Panthur on December 08, 2008, 10:14:59 PM
Oh good! Was kinda /boggled at why pets enrage wasnt working at all.

Speaking of patch, any link to the test patch notes so i dont have towait till tomorrow to see them?
not posted yet