Main Menu

SOD pet can't tank still

Started by Panthur, December 10, 2008, 01:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthur

The poor thing has improved a tad, merc can actualy land a few heals. But sheesh it's getting raped way more then it should be compared to my little mage who has 0 pet aa on her lv 81 air pet. The bst has max pet defensives, over 3k aa, and the poor warder is unable to offtank effectively in comparison. My test subject was an iksar ironfist. Granted they can hit hard, but slowed, my warder gets smooshed by a landslide compared to 0 slow with mage's pet encounter.

The warder is suposed to be able to offtank, it's our class defining roll, since day 1. With us being able to pet cleric. Now we can't do either :(

Not to mention his dps is pathetic.

Help. :(

Obsessedwith

those can do what? 12k in a round almost?  come on you can't expect everything.  saying that though you need to keep in mind rytan isn't done, he was just tryin to get the fixed to start with.

Panthur

Yes, i know they can. But I'm talking about the pet comparasons. 3k aa, raid geared bst'swarder isn't tanking anywhere NEAR what the unlowed mob of my 0 pet aas on less than group geared mage is.

There's something still wrong with them.

Vidyne

I posted it was only a 7% increase in tanking vs the SoF pet.

That means its basically the SoF pet with maybe 100 more ac, and 3000hp .

Panthur

Inphared

It's because it's not wearing one of these.

Oh, and uh...

Quote from: Panthur on December 10, 2008, 01:17:28 AM
The warder is suposed to be able to offtank, it's our class defining roll, since day 1.

Rofl.

Panthur

Oh u shush mr 50k hp and 5k ac all dressed in sod raid gear. Some of us aren't at that stage so pft.

Be nice if the warder had that tho!

medoc

pet still sucks it cant even tank fos with a merc. Also to make things worse  when i play pet healer i go oom befour the mob is killed . I find it hard to find a use for my pet anymore once they were useful not anymore, its just sad

Wolfcaller

Quote from: medoc on December 10, 2008, 07:06:46 PM
pet still sucks it cant even tank fos with a merc. Also to make things worse  when i play pet healer i go oom befour the mob is killed . I find it hard to find a use for my pet anymore once they were useful not anymore, its just sad

What are you tanking in FoS that a merc can't keep him up??

And what are you healing him with to go OOM??

Panthur

I can tank 2 alchemists in fos and merc will be 50% mana by the time im done, with me tanking BOTH. I try to pet off tank one, me AND merc go oom. And thats with void E merc, raid buffs and mobs slowed. Warder is just too dam squishy.

If i slow an alchemist, and leave petalone on the mob, my merc goes oom by the time mob is dead. And by that time i have taken pity on my pet and merc, and dded, swarm petted the mob to assist, with some pet heals thrown in.

Using Salve of Rishan rank 2, crit for 14k+ a lot

Inphared

Quote from: Panthur on December 10, 2008, 03:02:59 PM
Oh u shush mr 50k hp and 5k ac all dressed in sod raid gear. Some of us aren't at that stage so pft.

My gear level has nothing to do with it. I just happened to disagree with your definition of our class.

The cloak that I put up is what Magician pets come presummoned with, which is why they're so good. They have maxed mod 2's.

Khauruk

From what I recall from Rytan's work on pets in TSS beta, there were a series of cloaks that all necro/mage/beastlord pets were equipped with on summoning, based upon focus level.  Do you have links for any of the others Inph?  Or is my recollection flawed?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

From my understanding, it was mage pets only. I could be wrong though, I wasn't too into the subject at the time.

The one I put up was something that was linked in serverwide chat a day or two ago. I have no idea what any of the others are called, but I do know that the cloak has been hidden from both magicians and all players alike, because it was "super powerful."

I have no doubt that that's it, and I have to say, I'm pretty disgusted. That is amazing for a pet.

Panthur

Wish i could summon those for my pet....

That cloak you linked enhancement IV...seems like in correlation to VI pet focus item/aug, perhapse?

Inphared

Not in the slightest. It comes preequipped on all magician summoned pets to boost their power.