Main Menu

SOD pet can't tank still

Started by Panthur, December 10, 2008, 01:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Easy way to tell - do mage pets take innately less damage from nukes/dots than a bst, or player w/ 0 spell shielding?  Do they have an innate 46pt boost to their DS?

<<Looks at Panthur>>
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Panthur

Iceflame Tenement rank 2, lv 79 spell i'm using atm. Has a 46 ds componant and slight pet proc to it. Thats the only ds aside from my targeted ones the pet gets. He has no innate ds as air elemental or earth or water.

Obsessedwith

To:    Obsessedwith
Date:    12/11/2008 15:46:40
Subject:    Re:83 Beastlord warder

Ok that makes sense then.  The pet changes didn't go out with the patch as we didn't have time to QA the changes.  We're still planning on putting the changes out soon, which will probably be sometime in January.  I should have some time to make some further adjustments before then.

So sad =/

Panthur

Moan. January...... Monthly patches just suck.

Meanwhile server came down twice today for something "important" rofl. Naturaly in the middle of our raiding. Grumble.

Brane

Quote from: Khauruk on December 11, 2008, 04:44:50 AM
Easy way to tell - do mage pets take innately less damage from nukes/dots than a bst, or player w/ 0 spell shielding?  Do they have an innate 46pt boost to their DS?

<<Looks at Panthur>>

As focused mage pets come equipped with Pet items they also have those items shielding stats yes.

Damim

Maybe this issue, among others, will be fixed before next expansion!

Padani

With the SoD pet still being messed up is it better to play with the SoF pet than the SoD one?  Having read all the previous posts about the issues with the new pet it has made me hesistant to level to 85 for that shear fact alone. Since I can do all the things I like with low grade pet focus and the SoF pet in the zones I play in.  Just wondering what the general consensus might be.

Panthur

This situation is why monthly patches are frustrating. Something didn't get in the pathc, now we have towait another month before it MIGHT get in that patch. And if it does, and has issues, its ANOTHER few months before its looked into. By then, most ppl have quit in frustration.

Vidyne

The SoD pet on test is equal~ish to the SoF pet in tanking, and better DPS by a little.

Whether that pet made it to live servers, I haven't had time to confirm yet.

Karve

There was I'm sure mention in the patch message that the pets defensive capabilities were "corrected" .. nothing said about its offensive or longevity capabilities.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Grbage

Quote from: Inphared on December 11, 2008, 02:32:26 AM
From my understanding, it was mage pets only. I could be wrong though, I wasn't too into the subject at the time.

The one I put up was something that was linked in serverwide chat a day or two ago. I have no idea what any of the others are called, but I do know that the cloak has been hidden from both magicians and all players alike, because it was "super powerful."

I have no doubt that that's it, and I have to say, I'm pretty disgusted. That is amazing for a pet.

Pulling from memory since SoF beta was longer ago then yesterday but he added cloaks to all 3 main pet classes. That's when the pet went from a speed bump to a decent tank. Never did say what was on each cloak though.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Camikazi

Quote from: Grbage on December 12, 2008, 09:05:50 PM
Pulling from memory since SoF beta was longer ago then yesterday but he added cloaks to all 3 main pet classes. That's when the pet went from a speed bump to a decent tank. Never did say what was on each cloak though.

I do remember them saying they added varied cloaks (decided by the focus you have) to pets for all 3 pet classes. Maybe they just forgot to add it to SoD pets (well not Mage pets :P)

Saniiro

Just imagine the uproar in the mage community if they were handed a pet which was a weaker tank than its predecessor.

Edit: Saw that change didn't actually go live.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Panthur

The warder DPS stil probly sucks regardless. I wish things got fixed correctly the first time and not 10x patches later.

medoc

does anyone know if the pet has been upgraded on the test server as of yet?.I do hope its dps does get sorted and its tanking ability as it still is very gimp atm. If not hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch i hope we wont have to wait on a long line of patches to get him sorted. ps thanks to all you guys doing your best to get our companion upgraded to where he should be