Main Menu

SOD pet can't tank still

Started by Panthur, December 10, 2008, 01:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsessedwith

Haven't heard from rytan in a bit but i do know some mages have pm'd him about our plight as wel,l actually on our side about it.

Xennova

Quote from: Obsessedwith on December 19, 2008, 03:39:42 PM
Haven't heard from rytan in a bit but i do know some mages have pm'd him about our plight as wel,l actually on our side about it.

Sure they are they do not want there 450dps pet to be nerf!
I sure hope dps of our pet up to at least 350dps at the same time

edited: As far as i can tellmy pet still doing 230 dps  tanking he is not tanking often just do not want to risk it

I have focus enhance minion VII....on octava fight in Fort Mech.....
Warder = 256 dps....total damage 68k
Jonoken (magi pet) focus enhance minion III from memory: dps455 total 124k

magician died around 20 second before me

was last tuesday

Camikazi

Quote from: Xennova on December 19, 2008, 04:00:32 PM

edited: As far as i can tellmy pet still doing 230 dps  tanking he is not tanking often just do not want to risk it

was last tuesday

What level is this mage? cause their SoD pets do WAY more then 450 DPS, have seen burst mage parses of their pets doing 2kdps, and one hitting 1.5kdps over 7 min fight (their pet not the mage)

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Camikazi on December 19, 2008, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: Xennova on December 19, 2008, 04:00:32 PM

was last tuesday

What level is this mage? cause their SoD pets do WAY more then 450 DPS, have seen burst mage parses of their pets doing 2kdps, and one hitting 1.5kdps over 7 min fight (their pet not the mage)
My thoughts exactly, on MB the other day we had a mage pet at 1.6k for a 6 min fight. 350dps is too low, it can do that now easily.

Brane

Thats a mage using Burnout AA, with a pet in the back of the mob and maybe a water pet, possibly with Pet Affinity.

Camikazi

Quote from: Brane on December 20, 2008, 08:00:29 AM
Thats a mage using Burnout AA, with a pet in the back of the mob and maybe a water pet, possibly with Pet Affinity.

Burnout doesn't last 7 min, yet there are parses of over 1.5kdps from pet alone in 7 min parses.

Vidyne

full burnout with extension is 2min 24sec if I'm figuring it right.
This gives mages the ability to use burnout for 4minutes 48sec of a fight minus a tick or two.

Camikazi

Quote from: Vidyne on December 20, 2008, 05:57:02 PM
This gives mages the ability to use burnout for 4minutes 48sec of a fight minus a tick or two.

So what you're saying is they are exploiting pet suspend to double their pets disc time, and it should be fixed

Vidyne

We can do the same thing with our disc,  its just not nearly as powerful in regards to our pet.

Khauruk

Quote from: Camikazi on December 20, 2008, 07:22:02 PM
Quote from: Vidyne on December 20, 2008, 05:57:02 PM
So what you're saying is they are exploiting pet suspend to double their pets disc time, and it should be fixed

I'd rather see coding time (since it would take coding) go towards fixing more important things - like giving me test dummies! :)

Seriously though, while this is a verry nice thing for them, to me it falls under a mage being smart with their discs/abilities rather than an exploit.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

sicshift

? so if you have one pet out and one pet suspended, you can use emp fury...then kill pet....then unsuspend and be able to use emp fury again?

Vidyne

Make a pet an hour before or so... (for mage),   use Burnout on it
suspend it(prefer in hall/lobby so timer don't tick)
Now wait an hour for burnout to pop again..   

Now either start fighting something and pop out suspended pet,  wait for burnout to fall, and use burnout that has now repopped)
or
Make a new pet, Burnout it,   kill it when burnout fades
unsuspend old pet with burnout on it

2nd version will not be kind to parsers as name changes
First kind will allow one pet to show huge dps on a 5min kill(mage)

insert our disc in place of burnout, but realize its only 30sec, not 2min 30sec.

Xennova

pet was using level 81 air pet, no idea of his aa

Panthur

No info on pet still? This is frustrating...

Karve

more than frustrating, while some"nice to have" quests have gone in this morning(UK) theres still no mention of poor fluffies ability to beat on anything other than heaven's door.

Professional Mad Bastard.