Main Menu

SOD pet can't tank still

Started by Panthur, December 10, 2008, 01:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

On the up side though i am seeing 200-280dps from attack of the warders level 3 on xp groups. Yes they have their problems, can use them rarely, die if breathed on. But are consistant dps.

Panthur

Doesn't help our warder any, sadly. We are falling behide so bady, even with max aa regarding pet dmg.

nedoirah

Quote from: jitathab on December 23, 2008, 02:13:18 PM
On the up side though i am seeing 200-280dps from attack of the warders level 3 on xp groups. Yes they have their problems, can use them rarely, die if breathed on. But are consistant dps.

I was wondering about that. I have warders 2 and I noticed they vanished quickly sometimes. I thought it was a fluke but now I see differently. I was taking down Icekrack in FC for the aug and popped my warders and watched some of them die fast while others lived.

Razimir

Quote from: nedoirah on December 24, 2008, 01:35:07 AM
I was wondering about that. I have warders 2 and I noticed they vanished quickly sometimes. I thought it was a fluke but now I see differently. I was taking down Icekrack in FC for the aug and popped my warders and watched some of them die fast while others lived.

I think, they have very low HPs. So if they eat one riposte, they are gone. Not sure about if DS kills them aswell.

-Raz

medoc

all i want for Christmas is a good pet lol . Merry Christmas guys

nedoirah

Quote from: Razimir on December 24, 2008, 10:55:56 AM
Quote from: nedoirah on December 24, 2008, 01:35:07 AM

I haven't parsed it but I think our lvl 80 rage pet (spell: Howl at the moon) has a lot more hp than our AA swarm pet.
I think, they have very low HPs. So if they eat one riposte, they are gone. Not sure about if DS kills them aswell.

-Raz

Padani

So is the pet "fixed" yet or no?  I am leveling now and just recently made level 83 and I am just wondering if I should continue using the 78 pet since based on what I am reading it off tanks much better or can I go ahead and use the 83 pet now?  I realize there is a difference between the DPS output of the two but I don't have alot of the pet AA's and my best pet focii is Servitor of Scale that I got from void C.  So I need the more educated of you Beastlords opinions as to what is best for me to use.  Typically I am a mostly solo'ing/ sometime grouping BST.

Thanks for any help

Padani

Vidyne

To me it seems that hoshkar is "fixed" for now.

The latest parse I did, showed that silverwing tanked 4% better to 1% worse than hoshkar.  This is much better than silverwing tanking 30% better than hoshkar.

Hoshkar should tank almost/as well as silverwing, and has more dps.

Ravenlock

You guys who aren't happy with the pet won't get to much sympathy or support from people here it seems.  Most of the higher levels here just make fun of you or call you a whiner for wanting to bring the "pet" back into pet class.  The pet can't tank and it's DPS is comparable to the SK pet, but I guess if you are decked out with super high end gear, who cares right? 

jitathab

ok so tuned in right direction now, back to status quo of a year ago for tanking. Now they need to give it a tanking boost so its actually an upgrade.

Wolfcaller

Quote from: Ravenlock on January 27, 2009, 12:11:32 PM
You guys who aren't happy with the pet won't get to much sympathy or support from people here it seems.  Most of the higher levels here just make fun of you or call you a whiner for wanting to bring the "pet" back into pet class.  The pet can't tank and it's DPS is comparable to the SK pet, but I guess if you are decked out with super high end gear, who cares right? 

Our personal DPS plus pet DPS is excellent.  Those who want the pet to be an increased part of that equation should work on getting that changed next expansion.  They're not going to increase pet DPS much now, because pet+BST is about where they want it, it would seem.

I think we all agree it needs a tanking boost.

Damim

I'm not decked out in super high end gear, yet I do find the pet to be acceptable.  I wish it were more, but that would probably make us lose ground elsewhere.

Grbage

It's a balancing act the devs do. They figure out where they want our class to be and get us there. Currently we are where the devs want the class to be, it's just that most of us are not happy about the way they did it. If the pet is given a big boost right now in DPS then BST will be "overpowered" unless they take DPS away via melee/spells at the same time. Best we can hope for is a DPS fix next expansion. What we can realistically try for is a tanking upgrade for the pet since it wont change our DPS balance.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

scrat

Hey guys!

I'm Scrat from the necro community over at necrotalk dot com - and I wanted to make sure this community was aware of information you folks may find useful, since our pets "look" very similar from a hard data viewpoint.  Specifically, our warrior pet AC tables seem to be identical to your warders...though for some reason we get slightly more HP.  And I admit ignorance on your AA pathing, so differences may result from that.

I use /testcopy and arena test dummies as parse targets since they are the only reliable, replicative method I know of.  You can access my public parse results by surfing necrotalk bonechips section - where you can find last expansion pet parses also.  I've not yet completed parsing, but enough data is available currently to go public.  Here is a direct link for those not wanting to peer into the dark side..

http://www.editgrid.com/user/imoloch/SoD_pets

I'm a big fan of making pet information public - to keep things straight.  I prefer to combat issues with facts!  I appreciate some of the warder parses available - if we can only get the magician community to respond in kind!

I'd also be happy to parse logs & do side-by-side compare charts...which I think would be very cool. 

wildwaters

Hey scrat, darkside my tail, I <3 the necro forums >.<