Main Menu

Epic Procs Now

Started by Kanan, July 14, 2009, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

Ya know.. I looked at it for the first time recently: the 2.0 click proc is only 200 dmg at it's base.  However, it fires far more than other procs.  When I get a shm (becoming far and far less frequent =/) maw's about only thing out proccing it.

But is this a detriment?  Is it using up the proc firing for the better dmg cast procs?  We know it causes some issue in regards to 2nd spire and the BP clickies.  It had (and still may? I don't use the spell, so I really don't care) caused issues with the slow procs as well.

I'm curious if it is still needing to be clicked.  I'd like to think so.  It's resist rate is less than other procs (chromatic (lowest) ele resist).  Vaxxtn (488 dmg @ rk2) uses disease (I know, good thing for resists too, but not as good.)  Jeswin (390 dmg @ rk2) used poison.  Lairn (313 dmg @ rk2) used cold.

I'm just curious if anyone's run a parse of proc dps with and without epic click.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Vidyne did a short parse a while back, and came up w/ a 45dps boost using 2.0 and proc buff versus just proc buff.  That's not w/ shammy going however, so it might be worth looking at...it won't take too many missed procs to make up 45dps.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bobokatt1970

So I am understanding this... are there procs on our pet that null other procs from going off? Or is it that if one procs... that's it for that period nothing else does?

My tier 5 chest has a proc, my epic 2.0, my spire 2 does and so is our buff Vaxztn.  Heck we have hobble on there too.  All these are contending with the rest to fire just once or are they all independent so a few can go off all at once or even overlap?

I guess if it's only one, I would start dropping hobble for one.

Grbage

Essentially, you are only going to get one proc per round. The game will check each proc one at a time until one fires then go on about its business. What I'm not sure about is the order in which procs are checked (would be nice to know).

Defensive checks also work the same way and has been figured out via parsing.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Brane

Have you checked, if there is a max lvl for the mobs to affected?

The MAG epic 2.0 proc for example will not land on lvl 81+ mobs, making it useless in much of the SOD content. In that case you should not use it, because you will loose dps, due to the epic firing, but not landing on the mob.

Has anybody tested this by chance?

Vidyne

Pet:

1.  Check for vaxztn to proc

1.  Check for epic to proc
2.  Check for vaxztn to proc

2.  Check for hobble to proc
3.  Check for vaxztn to proc

2.  Check for hobble to proc
3.  Check for vaxztn to proc
4.  Check for spire to proc

No idea what the actual order is, although from what I've seen vaxztn is pretty low on the list.  When it checks for procs, it will stop at whichever one procced, so there is a real chance of losing procs on some of the deeper ones.  However you gain extra chances to proc.  It's more likely that a proc will go off in any given round, but the damage could be less if that big proc was meant to go off, and you had a little one ahead of it in priority and it went off instead.  Usually it's not enough to really worry about and the benefit of increasing the proc chances helps.  By this information tho.... hobble would always be detrimental to DPS, although not very large.  Also the epic and vaxztn in addition would be detrimental to spire which I'm pretty sure gets one of the deeper priorities.

Kanan

Quote from: Brane on July 30, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
Have you checked, if there is a max lvl for the mobs to affected?

The MAG epic 2.0 proc for example will not land on lvl 81+ mobs, making it useless in much of the SOD content. In that case you should not use it, because you will loose dps, due to the epic firing, but not landing on the mob.

Has anybody tested this by chance?

I've not checked, but it would be an easy test: click only epic, go pick on a mob over in obf near the dragorn guards, beat it down a bit/kill it.  Check pet dmg on your parser.  It will show the DD dmg.  I know the epic's always fired more than pretty much anything except mebbe shaman's maw.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Maylian

Mindshear Acolyte on 29/07/2009

Maylian`s warder - 46
  --- Arcane Blade Strike - 9
  --- Empathic/Beastial Fury - 1
  --- Lynx Maw - 15
  --- Spirit of Vaxztn Strike Rk. III - 6
  --- Wild Spirit Strike - 15

Produced by GamParse v1.0.2

Can't tell if it was resisted though.

Sharrien

I have not tested yet, this is the first I've ever heard of it or even considered such a thing, but the raw data on lucy for Might of the Wild Spirits says 85 for max level.  I do not know for usre if that refers to the max level it affects.

If it is true what you say about the mage epic procs and maybe ours too, then that is complete bullshit and we need to /bug it and then bug the crap out of the devs until it is changed.  Make a max level for stun effects?  Sure.  Max level for a nuke?  Bullshit!!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

Np, was trying to show the cast data for pet. It does show that shaman proc went off twice in the same turn although spell damage shows as 21270 or so.

Vidyne

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=6305

[Fri Jul 31 13:12:15 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:35 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:39 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:41 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:44 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:46 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:52 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:54 2009] Test Ninety's skin burns.

[Fri Jul 31 13:12:15 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:35 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:39 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:41 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:44 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:46 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:52 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Jul 31 13:12:54 2009] Keker hit Test Ninety for 150 points of non-melee damage.

Don't be so sure about what other classes tell you :)

Also tested with a 98 test npc, with 10 /say increase resists
Some procs were partial damage, but all landed, even iceflame and the gust of air innate proc.

Brane

Nice but I meant the other proc: Primal Fusion Parry And it also has a 85 under rmaxlevel.

Sorry I should have been more clear in that

Vidyne

That is a defensive proc though and shouldn't? interfere with offensive?

Brane

Quote from: Vidyne on July 31, 2009, 05:24:29 PM
That is a defensive proc though and shouldn't? interfere with offensive?
Yes, my main concern simply was if the epic proc has a lvl maximum like part of the magician's epic. I truely do not know how EQ handles the different proc types. 8-)