Main Menu

Frantic Ravenous Beast in Maiden's

Started by Deiadrox, September 22, 2004, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moffett

7 hours, 4th named and dropped. This camp reminded me of doing Raster.

Vahaus Warder

8 hours, 1 spawn, one shiny wolf pelt

/rude

Fremder

Some saying they know of people camping this for 30 to 40 hours, that's insane.. I spent 12 hours straight with 7 spawns total, all I had to show for it was a wolf pelt.. which made his timer have 29 mins on it and I Thought he had the piece and went nuts and then looted a wolf pelt... F EQ sometimes...    :evil:

`Ciao!  

`Predator Fremder Venemous + Mr. Bear.
(66) Ogre Feral Lord on Tarew Marr.

Wildcaller Fremder Venomous

70 Ogre Feral Lord - Draino Server (RIP Tarew)

Lemure

0 for 6 named, didn't time how long I spent there but this is severly retarded.

Grymlok

3 hours, 2 spawns, 1 drop.

/duckandrun

The Berserker: Foecussed

Volsykat

/sigh, 6+ hours in SG with 200+ servant walruses and manatees dropped without an ailing is already making me not look forward to ME, heh.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Armew

Took about 17 hours.  Killed 200 wolves had three spawns for the name before I got Darken Spirit Essence.
Armew (Vah Shir) Vazaelle Triality

Giledorm

Killed for another 4+ hours last night.  0 (read: ZERO) named popped.  

/sigh.

I could justify the rare pop from the storyline, but WHY IN THE BLOODY NAME OF JEBUS did they make it rare drop too!?!?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

tkyn

I just hope Tastian can get a dev to say its the way its supposed to be, or its going to get looked at. This part does seem insane though.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

whabs

We had 3 eassance drop on fennin yesterday in about 12 hours so its just very very random.

Rhutubok

This has to be a bug...it just has to be. A rare spawn I can deal with, a rare drop I can deal with- but not combined. Its hard enough finding the camp open. I would really be surprised if this mob is behaving as intended.

Rhutubok
Brell Serilis
Rhutubok Dreadpaw
65 Beasty of Brell

Panthermask

I think I was really lucky on this.  Spent about 3 hours over 2 night there and got it on the third named I saw overall.  I know another beastlord who was camping it around the same time I was and spent about 20 hours, killing 15 named, before it dropped.  It's seriously too rare.

Plus, from an RP standpoint it not dropping everytime doesn't really make sense.  We're sent to find a corrupted beast and collect the essence that is making it corrupt.  If the essence isn't present on the wolf, how is it corrupted at all?  I understand the need to make the quest difficult, but for storyline purposes, this doesn't seem to add up.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

mrowrr

I camped mine for over 8 hours over 2 days.  On the 2nd day after camping for 5 hours the first with no luck on a spawn.  I got 3 to spawn in 3 hour period, the first 2 didn't have the essence only the boobie prize of the wolf pelt the 3rd thankfully did have the essence.  

I agree it is rather annoying spending hours spawning a mob to only find it empty.

On that note good luck and just try to keep upbeat about the camp.  I looked at it that at least I was fighting light blues and blue cons and getting some exp :) The only downside besides the time you spend there is the morons training UP zone and who aggro mobs on you.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Kanne

8 hours camped - 1 spawn - 1 wolf pelt.

Still camping it.  This sucks. :?

Nonposter

12 hour camp, over 3 days

Only 1 named spawn, thankfully dropped essence

Was from middle of the 3 spawns.

Just FYI but they seem to be on a 10-12 min timer. I brought my Cleric bot and I am glad I did, no way could I have solo'ed this. VT/EP geared, 7400 hp/1425ac with virtue, full def aa's (except for OoW ones), level 68 (no spells past 65). Needed 3 CHeals in fight. By comparison, I can tank BoT giants with 1 CHeal every other mob (and 2 CHeals on 2-3). Dunno if it summons, if not could maybe kite it, but I doubt it (adds). Would just bring a healer type with you, or have one bound there you can call when named pops.
- nonposter