Main Menu

Should we have bst only weapon in Time/GoD?

Started by Yingoku, April 04, 2004, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yingoku

in PoTime there's a h2h weapon dropped that is shared for monks and beastlords.

Now, on the other hand, the other classes have their own only weapon uniqueness. WHY has it we have to share a weapon with monks? I am sure they're aggrovated as well and would want a monk only something. Paladins and SK's even got their own weapon and none of them are sharable unlike what i've seen in the volume of drops in Velious/Luclin.

I'm wondering if it's even possible to have bst ONLY h2h? leave shinai of the ancient for the monk since it looks monkish weapon, perhaps a unique claw looks h2h for us?

In GoD, there's several class only weapon that are dropping, say Rangers getting bunch of those 1hs in Ikkz trials? ;) hehe, I havent seen a single bst only weapon yet. :( (bugged?) Hell, there's even BER only 2hs of a 92dmg/38 dly out there, and still havent seen any bst only weapon out there. :(

Anyways, any possibilities that the SoE team would look it up and remove bst tag off of shinai and add in a new claw h2h for bst only? Anything they can look into?

I am getting tired of monks whining that bst get shinai or bst get mad that a monk get the shinai somewhere on the board. Our guild have only gotten 1 shinai out of 6 VZ kills so far and it went to a monk, I'm hoping it'll go to one of our beastlords if the next one drop, if ever. Unless they say it's ok to add bst only h2h on one of those tier 4/5 bosses in Time.

Anyways, Anyone feels we should have our own, non sharable weapon? Sure some may have mnk/bst, but something unique, should have our own.

shenker

I think both beasts and monks should have thier own weapons from time. As for god a monk only weapon already surfaced and I'll be extremely pissed if there is not a beast only weapon in god.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Kitana

I think that is a great idea, and I especially like that it would be a H2H like a claw..  perhaps there is something in GoD that we just haven't found yet.

Tastian

I personally hate seeing stuff rot first and foremost.  I still remember tolan's swords dropping way too often off vulak back in the day.  Also, the monk/bst weapons already have beastlords figured in.  They come with wisdom and mana.  They already have great ratios, etc.  I guess I just don't see what would be "different" except maybe the graphic and the fact it's beastlord only.  I don't think we'd see beastlords getting a better ratio than monks.  I'm not againist it, but I don't see much to gain from it and I see the potential for some downside.  There are some beastlord only weapons already, but not many.  I think you'd see some rot, you'd see a bigger drop table by having both mnk and bst weapons on there and you'd likely see some people getting upset that monk weapon had a slightly better ratio or whatever.  Not hardcore againist though *shrugs*.

Murkk Dakruul

Well first off we wouldn't have to deal with monks when deciding loot. second, we wouldn't have to listen to the "it's better for monk!"  garbage anymore. Third, i've watched the last 5 hopebringers go to alts, if paladins and shadowknights get their own weapon then there is absolutely no reason to not give us one.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Grune

I think ALL classes should have a unique weapon from Time.
Grune the Destroyer and his partner in chicanery Leghumper
Find your power animal, junior. It will help you during those tough times when doubt plagues your mind. Mine is the Hammer.
BST62.26/Xg h++ 2.8khp 2.8km ft6 r8 g- e+ 0++ T++ L+I H++ F+++ g b D---

Tastian

Murkk-  The last example is exactly what my main problem is.  The rotting and gear going to alts when there's stuff on the drop table others would really like still.  Also to the first point you would then have an extra item on the drop tables.  Sure when the beastlord weapon dropped you'd know it was going to a beastlord, but everytime the monk weapon showed up you'd have no chance of a beastlord getting it.  The "well it's better for monk" thing is just silly talk to be honest.   Even guilds that do officer based awards always do "what's best".  DKP, merit, etc systems take care of the loot.  I kinda like the idea of class specific weapons, but I think all the rots on pal/sk stuff I've seen and the fact that I don't see how much different the weapon would be now verse what mnk/bst ones currently are throws me.  If mnk/bst got seperate weapons I wouldn't be surprised if mnk was a bit "better" in terms of hps or maybe atk or possibly even marginally in dmg/del.  I think that would put some people up in arms.  *shrugs* who knows what SoE will do.  I do like the idea, but just have a couple worries I guess.

Ryessa

tastian makes good points about the time loot, but based on the existence of a monk-only god weapon i think it's hard to argue we don't deserve one there at least.

Murkk Dakruul

Actually I agree with you pretty much 100% tastian. Rotting sucks. But aslong as im seeing hopebringers and 10 of those damn ranger weapons from ikkinz every week, I want my own weapon. You can't apply the "rotting loot sucks" rule for only 1 class and none of the others. Aslong as the other classes are getting their own weapons there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't.

The only way around this that I know of is to do weapons like they did elemental armor molds/patterns.

oh and I couldn't care less if the mnk weapon was better. Aslong as I get my own unique weapon, that is balanced for me and not them, I don't care what their weapon is.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Emmdee

We did have our own weapon in Luclin expansion, from Ssra somewhere.
Monks whined so hardcore about it that it was changed to MNK/BST and promptly given to all the monks before the beastlords.

I can see it happening again, especially if the BST weapon is from one of the later zones and comes out ahead of the MNK weap in even 1 stat.

Otuol

Monks are generally whiners anyhow.  Go take a look at their boards.

Anyhow, I think a BST only weapon would be in line.  If every class is getting one stay in line with it.  Not sure how this will affect anything, but I agree.  :)

Ttony

The other classes always fight this because they complain that they will start rotting very fast and take up a slot in the drop table. I can see their point however these are usually the same folks that award all the H2H to the monks and the lesser 1hb to the Beastlords. /sigh
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Ukator Iceblood

I like the beastlord only weapon in LDON, thats a piercer. Knowing how things are our weapon would be 1hb, piercing or 2hb.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

mrowrr

QuoteWe did have our own weapon in Luclin expansion, from Ssra somewhere.
Monks whined so hardcore about it that it was changed to MNK/BST and promptly given to all the monks before the beastlords.  

Not true it still exists and is called the Savage Lord's Pitchatka and still beastlord only and drops off Arch Lich.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Gospodar

Im betting 1hs, Uka.... And Sony saying: Whoops! Well fix it! Honest.... Eventually....  :roll:
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace