Main Menu

Should we have bst only weapon in Time/GoD?

Started by Yingoku, April 04, 2004, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahes

Quote from: mrowrr
QuoteWe did have our own weapon in Luclin expansion, from Ssra somewhere.
Monks whined so hardcore about it that it was changed to MNK/BST and promptly given to all the monks before the beastlords.  

Not true it still exists and is called the Savage Lord's Pitchatka and still beastlord only and drops off Arch Lich.

Actually, it is true.  :P

Part of the Cursed cycle used to drop Savage Lord's...Eitchka or something.  It was a BST only offhand.  Details are sketchy in my memory, but I remember there being a BST only wep off it very briefly and it was either changed to the Cursed Fangs or Savage Lord's Knuckledusters...something to that effect.

As for PoTime BST only...no.  Once a guild gets to Time and clears it 4 or 5 times, it's farm status.  All things being equal, anyone that wants a wep from Time will usually acquire it given a long enough period.

I imagine there might be one in GoD that's not found yet, but I don't really worry about it.  Generally there aren't enough BSTs in high end guilds to justify a class only weapon.  As someone said before, just look at Hopebringers rotting like mad.

Kashmiir Battlekat

This entire problem is a show of lazy Quality Assurance on SOE's part. Giving any item "all/all" shows a lack of thought and laziness.

"all/all" causes more problems. Items should be class specific and drop tables should be expanded somewhat to accomidate this.

Sure you are going to get items rotting eventually, but at least there is little contention between friends for loot.

Rather then dropping 2 items expand the table to 5-6 items and have them class specific.

TAAA-DAAA! I should be a Developer! --heeh

Grymlok

Quote from: MahesGenerally there aren't enough BSTs in high end guilds to justify a class only weapon.  As someone said before, just look at Hopebringers rotting like mad.

How are you guys doing on bards?  I don't know about you, but we have more active bst than bards, and there are quite a few bard-only items in the eplanes alone.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Xuthaz

at every raid level from ToV to GoD+ there shouldn't be class specific weapons on mobs.  they should use coupons instead.  for example, Time god's should drop "Time Weapon Coupons" that are turned into a NPC who awards you with your classes specific weapon and Ssra mobs should drop "ssra weapon coupons" that do the same.  That way nothing ever rots until every one has a weapon from that level of raiding.  Every mob that can drop a class specific weapon gets a coupon on his loot list in his place so weapons drop at the same frequency, just none of them ever rot until you've farmed well past your prime and should move on.
Elder Xuthaz Everhate
- Iksar Feral Lord -

Mahes

Actually, we're hurting on a few classes.  Active-wise, two BSTs, 1 Pally, 1 SK, maybe 2 Bards, 2 Mages, 2 Necros.

Lots of class-only rots.

Tytallia

Quote from: Mahes
Quote from: mrowrr
QuoteWe did have our own weapon in Luclin expansion, from Ssra somewhere.
Monks whined so hardcore about it that it was changed to MNK/BST and promptly given to all the monks before the beastlords.  

Not true it still exists and is called the Savage Lord's Pitchatka and still beastlord only and drops off Arch Lich.

Actually, it is true.  :P

Part of the Cursed cycle used to drop Savage Lord's...Eitchka or something.  It was a BST only offhand.  Details are sketchy in my memory, but I remember there being a BST only wep off it very briefly and it was either changed to the Cursed Fangs or Savage Lord's Knuckledusters...something to that effect.

As for PoTime BST only...no.  Once a guild gets to Time and clears it 4 or 5 times, it's farm status.  All things being equal, anyone that wants a wep from Time will usually acquire it given a long enough period.

I imagine there might be one in GoD that's not found yet, but I don't really worry about it.  Generally there aren't enough BSTs in high end guilds to justify a class only weapon.  As someone said before, just look at Hopebringers rotting like mad.

IIRC the Savage Lord's Eitchatka was replaced by the Savage Lord's Knuckle Dusters, which was good if you consider the old one was 13/16 and the newer weapon is 17/19. I've seen the Pitchatka drop once (I haven't done AL very much) and beastlords with worse weapons let it rot. Go go DKP system.

Oiingo

It would be nice if they'd just have Time-imbued Weapon Molds.  Like the armor -- go take it to an NPC and get your own class-specific weapon.

Only downside is that people woudl farm forever and not move on.  Catch 22.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Urim

QuoteAnyways, any possibilities that the SoE team would look it up and remove bst tag off of shinai and add in a new claw h2h for bst only? Anything they can look into?
I would personally hate this idea, i love my Shinai and its look and i really don't like the claw graphics, and considering that my guild very rarely plans on going back to PoTime, it would really suck to have to go back to get another weapon.

Weapon sharing with monks is fine in time since there are only 2 weapons we can share with them, SoA and SoT. Since its only mnk/bst that can actually use h2h when compared to the multitude of other classes that can use slashers its alright that 99% of all h2h are shareable between the classes because there still isn't as much competition as with the other classes.

QuoteIn GoD ... I havent seen a single bst only weapon yet.
Operative word being yet, i expect a bst only weapon to be discovered with comparably if not better ratio then the monk only 1 hander already found. The longer we go without seeing one most likely will mean better stats because its off bigger harder mobs so im in no big hurry to see it yet.

Now, if your guild is giving the weapons to the monks over the beasts then that is a problem with your guild you need to work out with the officers. If its a DKP system then they earned the right to loot it and there is nothing you can do but save up some more or raid some more in hopes of getting the next one.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Valsuvious

Rhaynne says 'My leader is Urim.'

oh.. you are so dead when she sees this if she hasn't already

I would have to agree with that you said though Urim.  The last thing that I like to see is rotting weapons because you have seen too many of them and only one class can use it (Ranger time and GoD weapons are a huge example in my guild).  

Really, if you use a dkp system and someone lets it rot instead of upgrading from a really shitty ass weapon, then seriously I would look at finding another person to take their place.  I'm not talking all types of armor, but it does no good in letting someone with pre-ssra weapons pass on a Puresteel Wraps because they expect to be getting SoA and say ED from time within the next six months.  You don't do anything but hurt your guild with your total lack of dps.  

Guess that's what I really like about my guild.  If someone really needs an upgrade, for the most part most people will back off on bidding.  Same should be true for monks, letting the beastlords get the h2h weapons, but the beastlords letting the monks get priority on the 1hb or 2hb items.  Course, this is just my opinion.

Urim

Quoteoh.. you are so dead when she sees this if she hasn't already
Thats what i thought too, but im pretty sure she's seen it considering shes the sig nerfer ... err moderator.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Choppin

Gotta agree its a bit late to change PoTime,
aside from the ratio and look the ranger GoD weapons are not too inspiring hm
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

I like the idea of coupons and stuff.  The ornate molds and velious armor quests were kinda neat.  However, I think bst/mnk weapons are very similar and will always be very similiar.  That's the point I guess I keep coming back to.  Bards can certainly have different weapons than rangers or rogues or other 1hs type weapons.  Paladins/SK's have different 1h's than others and even 2h should/do vary from war/ber in several cases.  Now look at most monk/bst weapons.  What exactly would we make the beast only equivilant?  It's already got mana, usually wisdom.  The dmg/del has to be about the same as the monk counterpart and I like identical personlly hehe.  Now we can talk about different graphic, but really what are the changes we'd see in the weapons stats?  It's neat, I'd like to see it, but I hate the rot, I don't see it changing much except the graphic and overall SoE has messed up so many trivial things of late I don't really want them to try their hand at "balancing" monk verse beastlord weapons.

Evandar

I think one of the largest drawbacks with BST/MNK weapons is that they are more often then not tuned for monks skills/AAs/etc. I mean even if we got a BST only 1hb it could be tuned so that we could use it regardless of skill cap. As it stands now 99% of us uses a H2H weapon over a 1hb anytime of the day beacause of the higher cap. Thats also one of the reasons that guilds that use some kind of award system give these kind of weapons to monks first (well, could be ol' plain ignorance also :P ).

Look at all the Knight and Bard weapons out there, some of them have insane ratios because they have lower skill caps, can't DW etc.

If you look at PoTime I really can't understand why we and monks dont get a class specific weapon. Lets se, Ench, Shammys, Bards, Rangers, SK's, Pallys, Warriors, Rogues, Clerics, Mages all get a class weapon. Think Necros and Wizards share their Skin klicky wand tho. Hmm, and I'm not sure about Druids. We share our weapon(s) with monks, why? :P
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Tastian

I actually thought about weapons with mods built in for beastlords.  Like nice 2hb +10% 2hb.  Or even a weapon that had a higher proc damage since we don't get as much of a boost out of a pure ratio adjustment.  Thing is it'd have to be "balanced".  Which might mean we see a more "beastlord" weapon that is hopefully performing as good as the monk counterpart.  Having a weapon with built in pet buff would be nice, or throw on dmg focus or something.  Again though I worry about SoE's ability to balance.  Much easier to stick "bst" onto a weapon than to balance proc damage verse ratio verse skill mod while trying keeping things balanced between monk/bst.  Kind of a shame now that I think about it.  Almost every reason I worry about or question a beastlord only weapons comes from flaws in the game imo.  Drop table, rot, failure to balance in a timingly fashion, etc.

Hrann

Well, how do they balance Pal/Sk only weapons?  I wouldn't see a problem with them giving the monks some awesome ratio tonfa (1hb), and giving us a good ratio claw (h2h) with a nice damage unresistable ice proc.  Each would be situationally better than the other, but at least we'd have uniqueness.  It's just a little silly that all the classes have unique weapons except us 2.

The rotting does suck, but making 1 more weapon unique out of all the already unique ones is not going to add a significant percentage of rotting to the game.