Main Menu

What H2H Combo instead of ReBB?

Started by Sterk, April 09, 2004, 01:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sterk

Hey y'all...sorry if this is in the wrong place, just figured y'all might have a good concise answer for me.

I'm currently getting piggy'd thru the elementals while backflagging.  I got lucky and was able to buy a ReBB for real cheap a month or so ago.  My guild is currently farming EP's, working up the strength to go for Xegony, coirnav, etc. - here's my question -

What H2H combo should I be looking for to replace the DPS of the ReBB?  Truth be told, I'm happy with the DPS i'm producing, but I wonder sometimes what weapon combo's would work out better - when I used the spreadsheet to see what a pet weapon + WLK would do DPS wise, I quite honestly, wasn't impressed. (entire guild swears pet weapons drop like candy in fire, they surprised I don't have one already)

I just don't want to spend valuable points on h2h weapons because they're rotting or darn close (being a new member to the guild, I'm way behind gear wise - all the BL/Monks are VERY well equipped) when I could be hoarding for armor upgrades.  any thoughts on what weapons I should be snagging though?

Wouldn't mind hearing thoughts on what armor upgrades to grab/pass on either...its confusing as bloody heck since it seems like fairly comprable items drop in earth/air/fire - nearly choked when I saw that leather wrist from the earth ring with haste and some sort of focus on it.

thanks!
Sterk & Roscoe - 65 Feral Lord, Xegony

Mallahki

Well, if points is an issue, then you should get the pet weapon for sure.  As for another h2h weapon to use with it, if your guild still does lower PoP, then the battlefists of course.  Sounds like you are wanting to stick with h2h 1 handed weapons.  I am afraid that as far as upgrading past battlefists, there really are only 2 more h2h weapons in upper PoP, period...Exquisite puresteel wraps offa Xegony herself, and Shinai from Vallon Zek in PoTime (which to date, are the 2 best h2h weapons in the game, still nothin better outta GoD, at least that i have seen).

Sterk

we still farm lower pop for backflagging, mostly - been on like 3 different zek raids, haven't seen battlefists yet (although I know a guild BL twink accidentaly gave a pair to his pet, so I'm assuming if they drop again they'll go for low points)

the battlefists/pet weapon combo will outdamage ReBB?  I'm perfectly fine with upgrading my 2hb to better than ReBB if theres something obviously worth getting ;)  I'm mostly looking to maximize my usefulness on a raid, and since I'm never going to be tanking, DPS seems to be the way to roll. - I'm starting the wonderful process of gathering FT Items, but its not as nearly a quick fix as weapons are hehe.

Gudaman

I'm not really sure on how much dps the Rebb is considering i still don't have a decent 2hb. Another decent combo i belive pet fist or battlefist for main hand and stone etched mallet for off hand.

Yet since you have a decent weapon already you could just work on some armor. Like upgradeing your 31% haste to 41% that would increase your dps with the Rebb. Also while upgradeing your gear you can work on other aa's and not touch ambidexterity but finish / work on Combat fury and Spell Casting Fury would also help increase your dps with the Rebb also in Ruj ldon camp their's a 125 posion dd for 510 points iirc.

Man0warr

I use Slaves Hidden Orb / Glowing Mithril Ulak, does about 10 more dps than REBB since I have Ambi and Sinister Strikes
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Ukator Iceblood

The one thing the spreadsheet doesnt take in with the pet weapon is proc damage. I would guess that an auged pet weapon and any combo of Orb or Battle Fists would beat out the REBB. Could be wrong though.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grymlok

Has Sinister Strikes made that much of a difference?  The last time I checked parses, everyone was saying REBB was > than BF/SPF (which has been confirmed via my own parsing.

The Berserker: Foecussed

flush

well if you are focused on dps, you'll need more than 61AA as well ...

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Gatito

This isn't really all that related to the topic but I just wanted to mention that today I was on a pickup raid for Jiva (my first pickup raid in Sol Ro) and two REBB's dropped.  Only 6 people wanted in on them.  I lost.  :(  Hopefully next time.  :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Ukator Iceblood

Hehe I'm trying to get an REBB myself. Just gotta get on time for a  raid, most monks have them now.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Apawsia

Quote from: Sterk(although I know a guild BL twink accidentaly gave a pair to his pet, so I'm assuming if they drop again they'll go for low points)

Oh, didn't recognize it's you in the first place. I didn't gave my battlefists to my pet. I just asked if the duel/kill pet trick still works for getting weapons back and that battlefists looks exactly like mage summoned fists.  :twisted:

And if you want dw combo better dps than ReBB, try BF and HoH, since HoH rotted last time as well.

Tastian

It will depend on your AA's really.  With ambi and SS's and proc augs dw really pulls away from 2h.  last time I checked spreadsheet and was running numbers for people REBB was behind Slave's orb + Golden wraps of the compact.

Sinsiter strikes is nice, it's about a 3 dps boost as I recall.  Also the Savage plat fists from fire in spreadsheet don't factor in the proc.  The proc over time does ~5-10dps from most accounts and that will vary a lot with AA's.  The 2hb are nice one shot deals as you can buy the ONE weapon with points and then don't have to concern yourself with ambi/SS for AA's.  Overall though if you are going dps then getting ambi, SS, two proc augs, 2 similar quality 1h's will do more damage in most cases.  I honestly was disappointed when I parsed out zha's doing about the same damage as a few hth combos.  *shrugs*  Oh and bracer from earth is awesome, great stats, haste, druzzils distance.  Very nice item in deed.  With where you are at now I'd think you could get fire fists for cheap (bst only and can 1 group) but they aren't as common as they were.  I'd say you are ok sticking with REBB for awhile though if you are working on upgrading other things.

Elyias Steelfang

My guild does not use points so that is never a consideration but I scored a Stone Etched Mallet for my offhand weap and have been very happy with it.  With Sinister strike it is decent DPS.

I just need to finish buying my 40hp augs so I can get some weap proc augs.

Sterk

hehe apawsia - I figured it had happened recently, you seemed sort of urgent about it.  I know i've accidentally handed stuff like that to the pet when I was busy... and your busy :)

I'll have to look up HoH, not even sure what that is. (I'm thinking thats the fists from HoH trials?)  

thanks for the input tastian, appreciate it - and I know I need alot more AA's flush.  it was more from the standpoint of when something drops, I want to be pre-informed on wether or not its going to be useful for me to pick it up - on most raids my guild does (hi again apawsia (guild leader *blush*)) I don't have any idea whats going to drop. I'm just still in the "keeping up" phase :)

Tastian

Hand of Honor   MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Hand to Hand Atk Delay: 31
DMG: 25 Dmg Bonus: 13 AC: 5
STA: +10 WIS: +15 AGI: +10 HP: +100 MANA: +100 ENDUR: +100
SV FIRE: +7 SV DISEASE: +7 SV COLD: +7
Recommended level of 56. Required level of 55.
Effect: Claw of the Savage Lord (Combat)
WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
Class: MNK BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4

Proc is a -200 resist 75hp lifetap.  Yeah drops from HoH trials.  It's hard to know everything possible that will drop and even harder to make good decisions on what is right for you.  If you think your armor is lacking and if you don't have ambi/SS and LDoN points for augs I'd say you are ok with REBB for awhile.  As you progress through EP's though snagging SPF is almost a given, at that point you might want to go back to DW.  Also Xeg has EPW and then once you hit time with shinai, CoW, ED, you'll most likely be DW then.