Main Menu

Potime Beastlord channel

Started by Latang, June 21, 2004, 04:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

Paladins. Mages, Warriors etc all have a high level server-wide raiding channel where they can discuss strategies or mob drops or whatever without the spam associated with the standard channel. Is there one for beastlords? If not, would anyone be interested in starting one? Would have to be passworded and not have the password widely known.

Yes, this is to try and filter out a lot of  "I have 1.5 million pp to twink my beast with, what should I get?" type crap, and yes it would be sorta elitist, but if access is controlled properly it could be a useful tool for hardcore players to communicate ideas with each other.

As for who would get access, shrug. I'm not a beastlords.org elder, I don't know the best way of figuring it all out. But PoTime flagged imo should be the minimum prereq.

Anyway, just an idea. Casual players feel free to flame me =P

Latang

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Catgal

I have to agree on this.

I know many people like to bitch/casual/chat other stuffs on the channel. But there are also many of others want to have a channel for more informative stuffs, and higher end stuffs. Tho, I am still a noob. =P

seravok

Sounds good to me, wouldnt mind having a channel were we talk about high end game stuff.
Elder http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=744645">Seravok Moonwalker. - Savage Lord 70 Beastlord - Eci Server.

Shrouded

This is not a good idea.  One very simple reason is that serverwide.beastlords is not usually occupied enough as it is to delegate a separate channel for high-level beastlords.  Also, beastlords are, generally, not raid leaders and, thus, would not need to plan raid strategies since they are, once again, generally, handled by officers and raid leaders.
However, the best reason for not having one is not as simple to determine:  segregation.  No, not segregation of race, gender, or age, but a segregation of levels.  Other classes have "high-end" channels because many "high-end players" of other classes would rather not be bothered by the "lower-end" players which they deem to be undeserving of their attention.  The beastlord community has always promoted and accepted the players of our class that, if they belonged to another class, would be deemed as "lower-end" players.  We are a community where every player helps every player and it has always been this way.  We do not need to differentiate within our class and set definitive standards for what is considered "high-end".

--No, I am not biased.
--Yes, my guild is in time.
--Yes, my guild raids every night.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Latang

/Shrug. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, shrouded. I was just curious as to whether there was one. When on a raid, even with a good window setup, the chatter associated with serverwide.beastlords tends to be a little distracting. Besides, I am in a channel with other non-guilded hardcore players on my server and others, and their chatter tends to be more clinical and helpful rather than some retard spamming links.

After all is said and done tho, if none exists, /shrug.... Could start one, but trying to keep the spammers out would make me too stressed and i'd just end up leaving it.

Konji

I think it would be a good idea,

" If you build it that will come!"

Latang

Konji, I'm sure you've heard this before, but that sig rocks =P

Murkk Dakruul

Quote from: ShroudedThis is not a good idea.  One very simple reason is that serverwide.beastlords is not usually occupied enough as it is to delegate a separate channel for high-level beastlords.

The reason that channel is empty is because it's complete garbage. And anyone who can stand to be in it for more than 5 minutes should look into starting their own day-care center, because they are obviously capable of dealing with a large group of children.

Anyways, I think this is a good idea. I would definatly join a channel like that. And I really don't understand why anyone would care honestly. If I join a channel I would prefer to have something in common with the people i'm chatting with. If I was a level 30 casual player, I would want to talk to people that do the same things I do. If casual players decide they need to get all uptight and have an inferiority complex then so be it, I really don't care.(that was mean!:twisted:)

I pay to play this game. If I want to join a channel for PoTime level beastlords I will. I don't care if 'casual' bsts decide to be insulted by it. It was the same thing when we had the discussion about this section of the boards.

"oh n0z the uber bsts will make fun of us in their secret channel!!!!"
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Dummkopf

I would join for sure. The "old" serverwide channel hasnt many highlevel-raiding bsts on anymore (seravok, latang, kossos sometimes) and i cant find answers to my questions or talk about stuff i do every day. I still like the old channel despite of some retards, but i do play outside us primetime so i dont get the worst of it.

Kossos

i think that would be great idea personaly

not cause im where i am means im better or stuck up just i feel akward when i try and talk to another bst bout sertain things wiht out feeling bad for those who not raid beast

i try and jump in channel for the current serverbeastlords but alot there is alot of spam ( no offense to anyone )

if some one put a channel togather i would join and i know several other raid beast on my server would also
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Shrouded

It was not the intention of my previous post to impose values onto anyone since it seems that some are deriving the post to that conclusion.  I guess what I am trying to say is that beastlords have never really been like the other classes in the way that we handle things.  We are probably the only class that shows some sort of civility amongst its members and, as a completely personal opinion (so thx don't flame me), I think that it would be a bad idea to create a new channel when spammers/twinkies/annoyances can simply be /ignore'd while still allowing people with valid questions or ideas to be answered.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Latang

Fair enough. But with all due respect, thanks to the sheer number of people I have put on ignore in channel thus far <for a while almost all of veeshan server i think> I wouldn't autojoin it anyway. I occasionally go in to see if sera or dumm is on. that's about it. When im in there, if i can help by answering questions, I will. I play Asian timeslot, so chances are you and I will never even meet in channel.

JillieMT

A channel with mature people and some insightful chat would be wonderful, regardless of level.

But how would you stop this from becoming what beastlords:beastlords became?

But hey, if you all want it, then why not take the ball and run with it? Anyone can make a channel! :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Derrict

The rogues had such a channel, usually only 2-3 top rogues per server, if at all.  As others mentioned, the bst channel is 90% chat, 5% useful questions & answers, 5% spam.  Most leave the channel when it's raiding time since you don't read most of the spam that passes by when you're raiding.  Heck, most of the time when I was soloing after raids I didn't bother with the channel.

During the first month when GoD came out, lots of useful info was exchanged on the separate rogue channel.  Talk about quest turn ins being bugged (ie items getting eaten), correct order to do certain events, info on Uqua changes, blah blah blah.  Most don't like sharing new event info across public channels since others should learn these events without have full strats given to them so these channels keep things on the down low til they are fully tuned.
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired

Rugom Razorclaw

Heh, we had one when I was still playing...  it's probably still around.  I don't remember who started it, but someone just gave invites to people with elemental+ gear back when the elementals were just being broken into.
Rugom Razorclaw

Mogur Bloodbear
Ayonae Ro