Main Menu

GoD NDA lifted

Started by Argach, February 09, 2004, 11:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoat

Quote from: Phurbi
As I have a life, PoP continues to be worthless to me for the most part.

I see that so often, and that is just a silly statement.  I have a 5 year old & 2 year old daughter.  I work fulltime, I am married, have a couple of dogs,  play basketball 2-3 days a week and knock out a couple/few chapters on a novel every week.  Oh, I am also in a high-end raiding guild.  Playing 2-4 hours a night a couple/few times during the week, and as much as I can squeeze in on the weekend keeps me active, getting loot and advancing my toon.

So yeah, I personally find that "people in raiding guilds have no life" insinuation a bit off base and frankly a touch offensive.  It's just a matter of managing the time you have. /shrug

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Man0warr

rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Ghoat

Wasnt meant to be ownage, just saying the being in a highend guild and/or getting the most out of PoP does not preclude having a life :)

eidt - fixed muh redneck double negatives

Hrann

Yes he did.  And besides, why is EQ such a worse hobby than any other?  If you sit alone outside every night looking at the stars would people say you have a life because you are into astronomy, but if you play EQ with a bunch of people you don't have a life... because, why again?  I suppose going out and getting drunk is more of a life and somehow "better" than playing a mulitplayer game that uses your mind and isn't destructive.

Disclaimer:  Actually I love astronomy, was just using that as an example.  Also, I enjoy going out and getting drunk from time to time.

Ghoat

Quote from: HrannDisclaimer:  Actually I love astronomy, was just using that as an example.  Also, I enjoy going out and getting drunk from time to time.

Dood, just because you get hammered & lay out in the yard looking at the sky trying to get up, does NOT mean astronomy is a hobby ;)

waywreth

So can anyone explain how the leadership XP works?

Is it like AA with a slider and you have to devote xp to it, or is it something you just get the longer you're leader?
Elementalist Oniadar Nephilim
<Unbroken Spirits> - The Tribunal

Soriab

LOL Ghoat and Hrann

Lets see here, GF with 3 Kids Work full time on Call Systems Admin for the Phone Company, Arma member "Live steel Swordfighting" Reading Novles, Raid Leader of a Elemental Guild/Officer, Student "College". I play about 4-6 Hours a night and still spend 3+ Hours a day with the GF and kids and get my reading, homework ect....

Nope I dont have a life at all.

EmrysX

wait wait wait....you are a student, you work full time (=40hours/week), yet you still play 4-6 hours a night, do your homework, AND spend 3+ hours with GF and kids a day?

Either I misread or you're practicing "fuzzy math"...
http://www.drew.idlegames.com/images/temp/sqlsig.jpg" />

Hrann

Why?  Even with 8 hours sleep, that leaves 16 hours, wherein you work 8, and split the other 8 between EQ and family/friends.  Seems easy to me, not to mention the weekends.  Just gotta fit the school days in there once in a while.

Soriab

I do my home work at work when I have spare time.

If you do you job efficently you dont work 8 hours a day its more like 6

I also get up at 5:00AM CST and go to bed at 11:00PM

Wake up M-F
Workout - 5:15-5:45
Work 6:30-3:00
GF 3:15-615/:45
EQ 6:45-11:00
HW 11:00 11:30
Bed

Sat

Wake up 6:00AM
HW - 6:15-8:30
School 9:00-4:00
Arma - 5:00-7:00
EQ - 7:00-01:00
Bed

Sun
Wake 8:00
HW 8:15-2:00
GF 2:00-6:00
EQ 6:00 10:00
Bed

No, I dont use fuzzy math

I have a schedule

Menarion

I find the busier I am the better I manage my time.  I best managed my time when I was going to college, had a full time job and two part time jobs, yet still managed to party every weekend and spend lots of time with my girlfriend.
<a target="_blank" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=306743">Arkinon Ben'Dar</a>
<a target="_blank" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=656043">Quarestal Medilon</a>
<a target="_blank" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=878408">Ssartin Nitrass</a>

Ssartin Nitrass 67th level Male Beastlord of Cazic-Thule

Soriab

Quote from: MenarionI find the busier I am the better I manage my time.  I best managed my time when I was going to college, had a full time job and two part time jobs, yet still managed to party every weekend and spend lots of time with my girlfriend.
:roll: /agree

EmrysX

heh ok, that's a hell of a schedule.

I was merely pointing out that gamers tend to be idealistic of the timetables in their heads, when reality is often quite different, with other important areas in life getting shortchanged.

Fyi, I couldn't operate with that much sleep haha, I need at least 7 hours to remain functional over time, but I know everyone's different there.

Oh, and you're a lucky man if you actually get left alone for 4-6 hours straight...then again kids will keep a spouse busy I guess ;)

My problem is we don't have any kids, so I get interrupted by the wife every 10 minutes...
http://www.drew.idlegames.com/images/temp/sqlsig.jpg" />

Soriab

I live with in 15 minuites of work 5 from GF 5 from school..

Drive time isnt a issue.

I only eat 1 time a day

I shower in the 15 min before bed and after I get up...

I go grocery shopping for me and GF on the way to her house