Main Menu

LCD Monitor's

Started by Arslan, February 25, 2004, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arslan

I think I'm going to try getting my hands on a Dell 2001FP.  It's appearantly got 16ms pixel response times.  Not to mention, I've heard lots of good things about it, and very little negative things.

Thanks for all of your opinions and the link! :)

Arslan's Gear
65 Vah Shir Feral Lord
Officer, Cascade Point of Rodcet Nife

flush

Quote from: ArslanI think I'm going to try getting my hands on a Dell 2001FP.  It's appearantly got 16ms pixel response times.  Not to mention, I've heard lots of good things about it, and very little negative things.

Thanks for all of your opinions and the link! :)

As with all LCD purchases, make sure you read up on how to observe and verify the quality of the LCD display (contrast, brightness, pixel issues) - do not hesitate to call customer service and get them to send a replacement.

Like I said before, I use a Dell 2001FP. I sent the first 2 units shipped to me back for various issues (I'm very picky when it comes to a $800 purchase). First, the LCD brightness was uneven across the screen, this was a quality issue. Second, there were 8 bad pixels. My 3rd unit is almost flawless, 1 dead pixel in the bottom left but not noticeable unless it's a black background and otherwise fine.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Knaw

Since i'm looking for a TFT myself i stumbled over this CMV CT-723.
Specs listed here in english and the original manufacturer site.
It's offered for 420,- Euro here, so compared to other models it's a bargain.
Any comments on it?
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Lheo

i have a Acer Al 1731  and love it, zero probs here :D

Bulge

This seems to be the one to get now, it has a reaction time of 12 ms and a great contrast ratio which makes it the ultimate screen for gamers, or so my Gamers mag said. :D Price is supposed to be around 650 dollars here in the Netherlands.

http://www.benq.com/display/lcd_fp767-12.html
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Knaw

My vendor offers that Benq for 499,- Euro, but i didn't considered it since it is listed as having only a D-Sub 15 input and not DVI. Also the 300cd/m^2 brightness looks very low compared to the 400-450 you usually get.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Junaru

Knaw I'm not sure where you got that info cause the link says this.
Two-Tone Color Design

1280x1024 Max Resolution
300 cd/m2 High Brightness
500:1 Ultra-High Contrast Ratio
Blazing-Fast 12ms Response Time
Built-in Multimedia Speaker
One-touch i Key Auto-Calibration
Dual D-sub/DVI inputs
Built-in USB 2.0

BTW my Sceptre is 300CD and I had to turn the brightness down cause it lit up the hwole room..
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Knaw

I had only looked at the description on my vendor's site first, where it was listed as D-Sub only, so i didn't cared to investigate further :)
It sounds very nifty now, so i'll check it out next week.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Nunyabiz

Well i have a 24" Sony GDM-FW900 CRT.

Iv yet to see a LCD that compares to it.

Fortunately i bought this one 1/2 price($900) got it from a friend of a friend type thing he had just bought it like a month before and got a dream job offer overseas and was selling off most of his goodies that was just too big & heavy to move.

DiosT

when i did my research about 2 months ago, I foudn that pritty much only Sony accepted the class 2 ISO standard for LCD monitor replacement due to dead/defective pixles...

hence my mind was made up on sony...

eventually bought a Sony HDSM-73 i think it was, 20ms refresh, 17", good contrast rating, a bit heavy but still a good design, very stable, looks nice, and I know when the pixles get too bad on it, i can easily get the manufacter warrenty to replace it with little hassle...

Only problem i had with LCD's is getting some games to work in it properly, sometimes you have to edit the shortcuts to add in parameters such as -vidmode or -height -width -refresh, to make sure the game outputs correctly to the monitor (lcd's are far less forgiving to -bad- pixle ranges/refresh rates)

Lheo

Dont forget to edit your eqini :!:
RefreshRate=60

so you can swap from windowed mode to fullscreen and back 8)

Incite

Quote from: Junaru
QuoteThat'd be "monitors".  

Hehe another Ogre that can spell..  :lol:

:D

I was caught out the other day though ... wrote "it's" when I should have written "its".   :oops:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

GrocGatorland

I've also been doing some research and I amconsidering an LCD monitor... if I had the cash now I would get:

http://us.hercules.com/products/showpage.php?p=92&b=0&f=1

As per tomshardware.com 's recomendation
Groc Gatorland
Troll Gator Lord
Furious Pantaloons
Solusek Ro