Main Menu

A question regarding slow

Started by Anjelika, July 08, 2004, 12:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjelika

Was hunting with a bunch of guildies the other day.  We were all 65 except for a 53 enchanter.  I was slowing but noticed the enchanter's slow would take over mine, but my slow could not take over his.  I asked what percentage slow he had at this level and he stated 60%.   Looking at the shiftless deeds spell, it does state it is a 49% slow at level 44 and a 65% slow at level 60.  So I would assume that at level 53, 60% would be about right.

So why was a 60% slow taking over a 65% slow?  Or is this a known issue?

Kitvear

Well, it's a  long story but..

The chanter's slow was actually 58% but that's neither here nor there.

A 51st level shaman can cast his spell Turgur's Insects which at 51st level will slow for  66% and overright a chanters slow for 70% because (and just guessing here, "shaman's are better slowers").  When you flip that around, a 53 enchanter casting Shiftless Deeds for a slow of 58% will overright a beastlords slow for 65% (and once again just guessing that this is "because enchanter's are better slowers")

I don't know if it's a known issue or not, but I have noticed a while back that  slows were quirky.  I don't agree with it but assume SOE has bigger fish to fry even if they saw this as a problem.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Khayden

I think his slow would have been 58%.  

I'm guessing the stacking is decided by the upper band of the variable ie 65% (which doesn't seem very sensible).  Even given that, why it overwrites Sha's I have no idea... I would have thought a sensible secondary check when the values proved equal would be the spell level which would make Sha's higher.  I've never noticed this one before but I don't think I've grouped with an enchanter under 65 since I got my 65 slow.

I think I'd /bug that to be honest - it may be indicative of some more extensive problems with stacking and level variable spells.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

kitanababe

Had a slowing bug occurr last night on a raid. We were killing the aten blobs in VT and we had the bards chain slowing (becuase they hurt badly when not slowed) and they never recieved a worn off message. But  slow wore off clearly twice during the fight.