Main Menu

Weird thing in CC the other day

Started by Andwen, July 23, 2004, 06:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andwen

So... I've spent a LOT of time in Crystal Caverns killing orcs, stalags, geonids, etc.
Either grinding exp. or just getting loot to sell.

But anyways, I've managed to get my faction with the dwarves there to "amiable". I don't know if this has anything to do with it or what.

But the other day, I got in over my head with some spiders and stalags. I ran back to the dwarf town to save my butt and the "Historian Banek" was standing at the entrance. He started casting a spell and I was thinking he was gonna nuke the mobs or something, but instead COMPLETE HEALED me. I was at like 10% health when he healed me.
I've NEVER seen or heard of an NPC doing this to a player.
Anyone else ever had that happen before?
I was kind of in shock at the time. lol

Corss

It's happened to me before in FoB.  I  was injurred and below 20% health sitting and medding and the Crusaders (SK guards) would start using they're Dark Empathy or something to heal me.  It's happened, I've heard of it happening, and the circumstance must be pretty rare for this to occur.

EDIT:  I'm going to check through my 2 gigs of logs to find it now when I get home! omg~

Corss 66.115 Beastlord::Aeria 65.52 Druid
Seventh Hammer

DontPetBear

I've had this happen once when doing the Coldain Ring 7.  I made it back to the hut at about 23% to turn in my item.  One of the guys there CH'd me.  Can't swear to it, but pretty sure it happened once in OT too.  The goons were out, and I was going toe-toe with a chicken.  It was getting pretty close when all of a sudden I was at full health again.  Of course the goonie ks'd me then too.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

kegulik

Quote from: CorssEDIT:  I'm going to check through my 2 gigs of logs to find it now when I get home! omg~

...and I thought I was a dork... :lol:

I wanna go back to togiran, and do parses on tanking at 58 vs 60, see what the difference is, and do a total efficiency comparison
Kegulik

seravok

Stormriders in BoT Complete healed me twice during the same fight :p.

wish it happens more often tho .
Elder http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=744645">Seravok Moonwalker. - Savage Lord 70 Beastlord - Eci Server.

Vidyne

hmm i need to play around with it to see if theyll just CH you if your Low on health.

I think... that if something that is amiable or higher is near them and low health and they are a healing class...   that if they get aggro from something they are kos to(even if you arent kos to it, i think), that the mob will heal its "allies"  and in this case, you are one of them.

Maybe ill find a monk friend to whack the historian while im nearby and low health, and see if he heals me... or ill just sit by him and see if he does it.

Cyphen Wilder

He has CH me as well in CC, seems to just be a random thing since I have only had him do it once on lveleing 3 toons in there.

danaconda

I think they need aggro on something to heal you. When using my necro to charm kill in Maiden's Eye I charmed a Xi Xaui or whatever the name is and it was a cleric mob. When I got low on hp due to Lich spell he would heal me, but ONLY if he was in combat. Kinda nice being able to Lich to low hp and not have to tap the health back  :twisted:
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Ssolrak

Had one of the NPCs near the campfire at the ZI of JPF CH my ranger once when training a load of gnolls around.......tried to get them to do it again and died twice in the process - haven't bothered trying it for a LONG time :)