Main Menu

The joys of finally beating a mission...

Started by Zorthaz, October 19, 2015, 04:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

Evantil: Heart of the Oak is one of the toughest one group missions RoF.  I have attempted this mission at least 30 times before we finally beat it on Sunday.  Our group makeup was all level 105 with Necro, Paladin, Beastlord, Mage, and two healer mercs.  Necro kills the Molars while the rest of the group focus on the adds.  If you beat the adds down under 65% and then run them over one of the camp fires that spawn, they will run up to the Molars and explode taking 2-3% health. (just have to remember to back off pets ;-)

The next phase is killing the Nest Protector.  If you fail to kill the Nest Protector, you have to start all over again as the event resets.  You need to drop the task and get the task again, because the adds that spawn from the Nest Protector do not reset.  This phase is all about killing the Nest Protector before the adds overwhelm you.  The Paladin tanked the Nest Protector down to 5% before he went down.  I immediately became the tank and was madly clicking every defensive skill disc/AA I had until the Nest Protector died.  Shortly after the Nest Protector died my discs/AA ran out and I died.  The Necro managed to flop, but everyone else was dead.

In order to complete this step of the task you have to kill all of the aggressive ants that spawned during the event.  The Paladin and myself buffed up and popped a merc and headed in.  The herd of aggressive ants hit us in the hallway outside the room and the merc went down, then the Paladin went down, and I was left with the last 3 half dead ants.  I hit BA/Frenzied Swipes/Bloodlust with all the self healing from my three lifetap weapon procs I was able to kill off the remaining ants for the win.

Next up:
The Fall of Lord Bayle
Burnout

-Z-

Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Illiyana

Congratulations!  I have done the raid version of that mission and it can be a pain.

Good luck with those other two, I have tried both several times with no joy.  I can finish all the missions in Arx Mentis, but can't succeed at those two.  Perhaps there is a tactic we didn't try, or a specific group make-up that can succeed.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Burnout is currently kicking my keester.  The first set of guys to kill is easy to single with bard.  The imps were tearing me up until I realized they have a 2K damage shield.  Switching to a 2HB solved that problem and as long as I only get a few imps at a time I can kill them all and proceed to the next stage.  The Effreeti just keeps spawning sword adds that never despawn and the tank merc gets smoked when the Effreeti hits 20% health due to all the adds.

Next try I will have my bard interweaving two AOE mezz songs (105, 100) in hopes we can get all the swords mezzed.

Group was BST, BARD, Tank Merc, and Healer Merc.  There is no way we will be able to kill the final two mobs where you have to balance their health.  I am sure I can get some help if I can reliably get to that stage.

-Z-

Illiyana

I concur, those swords always do us in as well, so I have no advice for 2 mobs, unless you put pet on one and you on the other? 
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Over the weekend got the two final "balance" mobs down to 8% and 10% before we wiped.

-Z-