Main Menu

The Broken Mirror

Started by Illiyana, November 20, 2015, 09:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illiyana

What sort of Beastlord equipment have you seen coming out of the new expansion?

2 nights ago running through Into the Temple (b) I had this drop off a random trash mob:

Note: Group Armor and Gear is done very differently this expansion that what has been done for the past several years. Group Armor and Gear is low stats (300ish HP, Mana, Endurance), and usable at level 75. The Armor and Gear pieces have additional Augmentation slots (Slots 5, 6, and 9). There are varying powers of augs that can be placed into the items, based on the players level. This allows for most of the content to scale from levels 75-105 without the need for several sets of Gear and Armor.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

I got two augs similar to yours doing tasks in TBM.  One had +40 heroic Dex and the other had +40 heroic STA.  I have gotten a few armor drops.  One was the gloves and the other was a neck.  When I clicked on the gloves it gave me both bracers.  All of the armor I have seen drop has 23-30 AC and 300-350 ish HP/Mana/Stamina.  All of the armor pieces have a type 5 slot for heroic augs like the one you listed.  They also have a type 9 slot and these augs can be found on the vendors in Plane of Health.  The type 9s really allow you to customize your armor.

One type 9 has 216 AC and 2600ish HP/Mana/Stamina and very few mod 2s
another has 151 AC and 3000ish HP/Mana/Stamina mod 2 for hybrids (there are several augs at 151AC and various mod2s)
Another has 116 AC and has 3600 mana and mod 2s for casters

Typical item AC = 23 + 151+ typical 40 AC aug (type 7) =213 AC  Hybrid slant
Typical item AC = 23 + 216+ typical 40 AC aug (type 7) =279 AC  Tank slant (loses 37 spell damage)

You can also piece together a weapon with mid 120 dmg and 19 delay (with crappy proc)

-Z-

Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Illiyana

More goodies I've gotten:

The 1HB was from Under the Robe while the Charm was from We Make our Own Rewards

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

I got a 1HS for my bard from the "We Make our Own Rewards" mission.  Fully aug'ed out resulted in a 149 dmg + 10 fire dmg with 22 delay.  They are trying to increase Bard and War DPS thru itemization it appears.  That was a huge upgrade from the 121dmg/22delay group weapon from TDS.  The proc is a crappy 210 dmg versus the 750 dmg on the TDS weapon.  I also scored another +40 heroic dex aug.

-Z-

Illiyana

Nice find, much better than TDS T3.  I have yet to loot a damage aug from TBM, and the ones for sale don't impress me.  The Cudgel I looted's delay is not exciting me when compared to Voracious (111dmg/18delay using the Ire of Revaj).

We didn't get anything new last night because we had a late start trying The Handmaiden.  I was holding the McGuffins while the rest of the group was killing the adds, and I overagro'd and got summoned off the platform into 2 mobs who quickly killed me.  After the rez I no longer had the skull on me, so we would have had to restart.  Hopefully we will finish that tonight.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

My group finished that task last night.  We had my Bard get the task and the totem.  We killed the named and had him loot the skull.  We then placed the bard on the platform singing and weaving in AOE mezz.  We then proceeded to kill all the adds as they came.  We had the pets off tank while we focused on one mob at a time to get it dead quickly.  With a mage, a pal, and two beasts we burned through the adds quickly.  It ended up being pretty easy with all the DPS.

As it turned out, none of the mobs got mezzed.  I think the bard could have just sang the regular set.  The Pal, Mage, and Bst had tried it before without me and the bard and got the exact same results you described.  Just the added DPS made the event much easier because we could kill mobs at the pace they spawned.

You might want to pick up an additional DPS person and the event should go much smoother.

-Z-

Illiyana

Congratulations Z.  We were able to do it the next night, I just Possum'd the entire fight :P .  The real PITA mission was Anashti Sul, the Lady of Life.  We eventually succeeded, but it took us several tries.  We kept getting killed by the random spawning skellie people (we called them Clowns).

Our little group (3 necros, me and 2 healer mercs) just followed the yellow aura around and when the coffins spawned we all FD, then waited for the mummy to spawn, sicked our pets on mummy and AS, then stood up and killed mummy and continued to beat on AS with swarm pets and regular pets.  We ignored the skull in the middle and just let it do its thing, it was nothing compared to the auto-death of the Life Antilife 2 that AS cast.

Now that Daybreak has fixed A Feather in the Wind, we are going to go back and finish Mercenary.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

The tunic is a waste of time.  I hate that you have to aug everything out to find out how bad it is.  The T3 chest from TDS fully augged is 336 AC where as the Crypto-hunter fail vest is only 285 AC.  If you try to match the AC you loose all the mod 2s and heroics.  It is just not worth it.

Zorthaz

Nothing tops the new pet focus earring with EMXII  on it...double face palm....

-Z-

Illiyana

The TDS T3 Chest base AC is 269, and I only have a 40AC aug in mine, so my current Chest AC is 309.

I got the Wrist drop tonight and clicking on it got me 2 wrists.

After pimping them out with the augs found in PoHealth they turned out pretty good:

I also got a named to drop an Ear and Shoulders:

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Grats on the drops....  If you like to something fun to do, hit the modified/unmodified button on your bracers.  Unmodified you will have about 10 more ac and 100+ more HPs.  The Rec 110 on the type 9 aug is reducing the stats on stuff.  Even with the reduced stats modified, the bracers have been the biggest upgrade over TDS T3 bracers.

Have you noticed the weapons that drop are not lore?  My Bard is now sporting 2 of the swords 149 dmg +10 fire dmg 22 delay.  The claws that drop are also not lore, I just haven't had any luck getting my hands on just one yet.

-Z-

Zorthaz

Quote from: Illiyana on November 29, 2015, 08:04:55 AM
The real PITA mission was Anashti Sul, the Lady of Life.  We eventually succeeded, but it took us several tries.  We kept getting killed by the random spawning skellie people (we called them Clowns).

Grats on getting that mission done.  My group has yet to beat that mission.  Not all could FD, so we used pets in the room and pulled adds into the tunnel.  We used the Bard to "fling" AS and keep her out of line of sight of the tunnel.  We only had one healer merc and eventually the pets on AS would die and she would storm the tunnel and drop her nasty spell on us.

-Z-

Illiyana

Quote from: Zorthaz on December 01, 2015, 02:27:57 PM
Grats on the drops....  If you like to something fun to do, hit the modified/unmodified button on your bracers.  Unmodified you will have about 10 more ac and 100+ more HPs.  The Rec 110 on the type 9 aug is reducing the stats on stuff.  Even with the reduced stats modified, the bracers have been the biggest upgrade over TDS T3 bracers.

Have you noticed the weapons that drop are not lore?  My Bard is now sporting 2 of the swords 149 dmg +10 fire dmg 22 delay.  The claws that drop are also not lore, I just haven't had any luck getting my hands on just one yet.

-Z-

Sorry about the Modified/Unmodified, I had posted that at 4am.

About the weapons, I see that now.  We have only had 2 weapons drop for us, the 1hb above with the crummy delay and no graphic, and a caster weapon that my wife's necro snatched up.   
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Illiyana

Quote from: Zorthaz on December 01, 2015, 08:26:35 PM

Grats on getting that mission done.  My group has yet to beat that mission.  Not all could FD, so we used pets in the room and pulled adds into the tunnel.  We used the Bard to "fling" AS and keep her out of line of sight of the tunnel.  We only had one healer merc and eventually the pets on AS would die and she would storm the tunnel and drop her nasty spell on us.

-Z-

I wonder if using the Mirror Fragment is a good aggro remover for those who cannot FD...  I only have 1 paid account and will eventually have to go through this with my Bard and Mage, and have no idea how to keep them alive unless they just sit it out and let someone else do the mission.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

So far, the best type 5 aug for 1 handed weapons is the 2 dmg aug from LDON.

Mir   220   Aug5   Lethal Permafrost Chunk Notlore, Dmg:2,Restrictions:MinimumDelay16,1hWeaponsOnly

My Bard now has one in each weapon.

-Z-