Main Menu

LDoN dungeon level breakdown

Started by Araden, August 08, 2004, 02:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araden

I was curious if anyone knows how the dungeon difficulties break down according to average group lvl.  and if it rounds that lvl off or not.

All I have heard is that if your group is average lvl of 62+ you will have the hardest non high risk mission.

Also heard that at lower levels if you go with a high risk you simply get the next difficultly level up as if yer group lvl was a tier higher.. and that only at the 62+ where there isn't another regular tier higher up.. is where it really becomes punishing.

I have done a hard guk once with a mid 50's character and the group probably averaged about lvl 55 and the mobs didnt' seem to hit for too much,  around 300ish.   I was just curious if anyone knows the breakdown =)

Disclaimer:  I tried search on several class boards and got nada.   I know the info's out there but my search skills haven't been up to the task.

Choppin

hmm interesting, that could mean that a group of level 70s will get the lvl 65 high risk mission as normal, wonder what they get as high risk then (and will there be new loot in those ? would expect at least in the area of 120 - 140 hp items)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Araden

Yeah I've been wondering how increased lvls in OOW will affect LDoN both in points and difficulty too.

Tastian

hehe I've been asking about how OoW level increase would effect older expansion things like LDoN, focus effects, tribute masters and have yet to get a definite response.  OoW is due in about a month so hopefully some answers will be forth coming shortly as things get set...hopefully. 8P

Araden

I wonder if things with current focus to 65 will work at all on up to 70.   IIRC VT focus effects originally were for lvl 60 before PoP came out?  But with increases lvls with PoP VT focus effects were raised to 65?   Not sure on my history there due to when PoP came out there was only 1 guild on my server in VT.  Everyone got in after they left VT day 1 of PoP expansion lol.

Does make me wonder if say yer nice shiny trinket from Time with it's focus effect is likely to work on higher spell lvls or if yer gonna have to gear up completely in new expansion to see focus effects for lvl 66+.

(or perhaps GoD focuses... I'm not really very far into GoD,  KT flagged but that's all, so don't know much about the focuses there)

Araden

BTW Tastian thanks fer the reply, hopefully yes we'll know something soon.

BTW I still am curious if anyone knows the breakdown for dungeon difficulty increases... like say if ya go in with a lvl 20 group.. then a lvl 27 group.. lvl 42 group..  basically at what lvl average does LDON get tougher in each rank?

If anyone knows please post, I'm not having much luck finding this out so far.   :x

Grimlikk

Read this on a cleric board once:

To determine level of normal adventure:

1. Find the average level of the group (do not round up, ie. 62.99 is still a level 62 group).  First numbers below are the average non rounded group level:

37-42 get a level 40 adventure with mobs of ave. level 35
43-47 get a level 45 adventure with mobs of ave. level 40
48-52 get a level 50 adventure with mobs of ave. level 45
53-57 get a level 55 adventure with mobs of ave. level 50
58-62 get a level 60 adventure with mobs of ave. level 55
63-65 get a level 65 adventure with mobs of ave. level 60
68-72 get a level 70 adventure with mobs of ave. level 65* (current 65 high risk)
73-77 get a level 75 adventure with mobs of ave. level 70**

If you take a high risk adventure all you do is go up in one level from what you would get with a normal.  For example average group level of 46 gets a level 45 adventure on normal, but on hard they would get a level 50 adventure and fight mobs of level 46, which would be much better exp and points.

*assumed normal level 70 adventure obviously not in game yet
**assumed normal level 75 adventure, or high risk adventure for a group of level 70's.

The part that does not pertain to OoW and level 66+ is correct and if you have a group of say ave. level of 62 but you are 65, you better get them to do a hard or your exp will suck and you won't get 51 points.

Hope this helps,  should credit the cleric, but can't recall his name.

edit:  A hard is so punishing at level 65 because the mobs jump from level 60 to level 65 on ave. (I know lots are level 64 in 65 hards, but most are 65 in my experience).  Think about how much better you are at level 65 than level 60, that's why a hard at lower levels isn't really that hard, because your gear is probably ahead of the quality of the mobs, where as at level 65 on hard you have to have really good gear to be ahead of the quality of the mobs.
The Legion of Fyre, Xegony

Tank/Slower: Grimlokk Level 66 Beastlord
Puller/DPS: Jukan Level 66 Monk
Healer/Crowd Control: Alasya Alasya Level 66 Druid
Crowd Control/DPS: Grimlikk Level 66 Beastlord  <-----Me
No, I'm not 4-boxing.

Araden

Thanks Grimlikk =)

BTW yah I wonder if they are updated how hard a lvl 70 hard will be.. perhaps equivalent to mobs in Vxed/Tipt trials.... we'll see how it all turns out heh.

I've done around a dozen 65 hards so far,  and I think they're a lot more fun than regular's due to the challenge.

Tastian

I honestly hope the missions don't scale quite that way.  One of the things I enjoy most about LDoN is now being able to take a group of well...anything and having fun and standing a very good chance of still winning.  If level 70 normals are what 65 hards are now then I won't do nearly as many LDoNs personally.

Araden

Yah I do think it would be a pretty harsh scaleup... but then again with new spells available as well as aa's.. i'm not sure that a current hard 65 would be as tough at 70 if it became the normal for a lvl 70.  I can recall how PoP spells trivialzed so much velious / luclin content that was hard prior to them.  Not to mention aa's / lvls available due to it.

What I do feel is important,  is if they do scale LDoN up to be harder for 70's then the points should scale up and they should add a new tier of higher point cost gear that is better to the LDoN vendors.   I'm not saying kill 1,000 orc pawns for yer elemental quality gear... but if at lvl 70 yer regular ldon mission has mobs that hit for 1k.. it certainly justifies better gear rewards than what you can buy off the LDoN vendors now, which is pretty much equivalent to Ssra gear level.  RvR would be in balance to increase what is available due to harder content you'd be facing.

I'd also expect the named in lvl 70 adventures to drop the same gear they drop from the current hards if it was those were now the regular difficulty for lvl 70.. and I'd expect on hard 70's... that the gear would be better,  equivalent to kod taz perhaps.. depending on difficulty really.

Anyways, we'll see how it turns out.. I just pray sony doesn't screw it up.

hughman

I doubt that the LDoNs will scale, unless they take the time to do it.  From what I have seen and heard about how they were made. They basically had to make each tier seperately... jsut used the same maps and possibly the pathing info.  Adding a new tier isn't just a matter or raising a number and letting the computer go at it... it will require a lot of hands on attention almost equal to the amount needed to create a new dungeon in it's entirety.  SoE has not shown that they update old stuff to keep up with new changes well.  So, I don't expect that the LDoNs will get any harder.  Too much work.  At the very least they will not be there when OOW goes live.  But will be added in as a patch.

Just my opinions, take it as you wish.

Tenosh 65 bard on Prexus,
Tahnel 48 (oh so close!) Beast lordess on Prexus.

Tardar

If you are in a group that avg. is 62, but you are 65 you will still get 51 points.  Now it is true that the xp will suck, but you will still get level 65 points.  Points are based on your level, and the type of adventure, not on the level of the group.

Grimlikk

I've been a level 65 in a level 62 adv and although I did get more points than the lower levels (I think its based on your level vs. the average level of the group) I definitely did not get 51 points I beleive it was 28, don't quote me on the exact number but it was not close to 51.

If points were based solely on level you'd have level 65's not caring about exp. just looking for level 60ish groups and completely destroying the dungeon and still gettting full points, I would think you could get a level 60 adv done in about 15mins since you would need zero healers (if the level 65 was tanking and had even halfway decent gear) and could just go all out dps.

I suspect that a current hard 65 would be only slightly more challenging for a full group of level 70's than a 65 normal is for a full group of lefel 65's.  PC's loose power relative to mobs as they level, but level difference is still one of the most important things for avoiding/mitigating damage and dps.  Even with no new spells (if they are hard to get) the fact that the pc's will be a minimum of 5 levels higher than the npc's should be enough to make level 70 adventures (current 65 hards) quite doable by a non perfect pick up group.  The part that is really going to suck is a level 68 pick up group.
The Legion of Fyre, Xegony

Tank/Slower: Grimlokk Level 66 Beastlord
Puller/DPS: Jukan Level 66 Monk
Healer/Crowd Control: Alasya Alasya Level 66 Druid
Crowd Control/DPS: Grimlikk Level 66 Beastlord  <-----Me
No, I'm not 4-boxing.

Bengali

Currently the plan is for level 70 LDoNs to be the same adventure that a level 65 high risk mission is, and there aren't any plans to implement a level 70 high risk mission type (no time to balance it).

I do 65 high risk missions with less than ideal groups all the time.  We don't blaze through them like the normal ones, where we pull 6 mobs at a time and such, but we can do them without too much difficulty (i.e., we have done them without mez, with druids as healers, etc.)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Incite

Quote from: BengaliCurrently the plan is for level 70 LDoNs to be the same adventure that a level 65 high risk mission is, and there aren't any plans to implement a level 70 high risk mission type (no time to balance it).

That's a worry - I'd better stay 65 until I've finished my LDoN augment then.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.