Main Menu

LDoN dungeon level breakdown

Started by Araden, August 08, 2004, 02:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

Keep in mind that you'll be more powerful when you're 5 levels higher.  Damage, hitpoints, mitigation, spells landed, aggro radius, etc. -- all that stuff gets better when you level regardless of any changes in gear or new spells.  Things that are multiple pulls now may be single pulls.  Mobs won't hit you as hard as often when you're higher level.  They'll die faster from your improved damage.  You'll have more hps.  And so on.

Factor in new spells and new gear, and it looks even better.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hrann

Any idea how many points they will give for 70 normals?  It would be sweet if you got the same amount that you get for doing a 65 hard (when you are 65).

Bengali

It's the exact same as 65 hard.  Same dungeons, same drops, same mobs, and best of all -- same points.

That's 105 points instead of 51 for those who didn't know.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Incite

Quote from: BengaliKeep in mind that you'll be more powerful when you're 5 levels higher.  Damage, hitpoints, mitigation, spells landed, aggro radius, etc. -- all that stuff gets better when you level regardless of any changes in gear or new spells.  

I don't think that's an issue with 800 - 900 hitters which have high MR and are difficult to pacify.  Bearing in mind that I normally only 3 box LDoNs (me, cleric & necro) and have zero interest in grouping for them.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Tastian

Yeah I have no doubt with level 70 spells and AA and the gear the expansion brings they will be easier, but as it is now I can 2 box an LDoN with me + cleric and have ~30+ minutes to spare.  The shift in mob hps between normals/hards, the slow mitigation, the ~3X max hit, etc just isn't nearly the same as the increase of a few more levels and the spells I've seen.  Will have to wait and see what happens, but I'm planning on leaving atleast one box'd char at 65 or lower so I can still do lower level missions with some people that just aren't close to ready for the jump up to 65 hards.

Oneiromancer

Quote from: GrimlikkI've been a level 65 in a level 62 adv and although I did get more points than the lower levels (I think its based on your level vs. the average level of the group) I definitely did not get 51 points I beleive it was 28, don't quote me on the exact number but it was not close to 51.

That's because the average levels were less than 63.

Basically the average levels choose the difficulty of the adventure...THEN your specific level gives you points.  Thus if the average level is > 63 the level 65s will get 51 points, the 64s would get 50, etc...I think I got 40-something points when I was 59 doing a "65 normal" adventure.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired