Main Menu

Argh! Stuck in Sebilis

Started by Andwen, September 07, 2004, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andwen

So... I just got my sebilis key the other day with some of my friends. This morning, me and my 56 mage friend decided to check it out.
We both DID NOT know that the zone out was not where the zone in was. We proceeded to pull some mobs and did pretty well doing two at a time... Then one of them gated and probably aggroed half the zone.
We killed a few, but got overrun eventually.
The Mage gated and I, of course, died.
So I had to run all the way back there to loot my body... I left something on it just in case a stray Cleric happens to zone in and is willing to give me a rez.

But this really sucks. I lost a good 3 days worth of exp. and I don't have any way to get out of there at the moment unless someone gets me a gate potion and brings it down.
Invis doesn't work, because it's about a 50% chance of the mob seeing you.
I can't run to the teleport out, because the mobs constantly ROOT me like no other.
argh. I feel helpless right now.  :cry:
Is there any relatively simple way to get in and out of Sebilis that anyone knows of?
I guess I'm also screwed in my xp loss unless I can find a cleric that has a KEY who is willing to run all the way down there.  :x

BloodCelt

either

(a) buy a gate potion with an alt, and pay someone to deliver it to you in Seb zone-in

(b) pay extreme extortion price to get a Wizard or Druid to go to Seb and port you out.

Suggestion:   never EVER travel without some sort of gate potion or device once you hit the 50's.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Shatho

The zoneout is not far from the zone in.  If you have at least 500 hp, you can run from ZI to ZO in less than 20 seconds and not have to worry about dying.  Just run straight out through the tunnel from zone in.  Go right (only way you can go), turn left at the bridge and then left again into the first door on toyur left.  Run through that "building" and the ZO is at the end.  Short run and you don't have to worry about those frogs killing you.

Wrek Increw Druid
Mens  Monk
Quellious

Andwen

Yeah, i'd have just ran out by now, but those damn frogs root me almost the instant I see them. It's just not happening. lol!!
I could try getting my resists buffed up real good though.

My bud is probably going to get me a gate potion and bring it down with him... After all, it was HIS idea to go there... hehe.

Oneiromancer

He just said that he was getting rooted like nothing else.  So get that MR up too.

In any case, if all else fails after 7 days your corpse will pop in Shadowrest with all of your gear.  Although since you went and looted it you'll have to die again for that to happen.

You can always create an alt to go to PoK to ask for help (unless you're on FV I guess).  There are still people that go to Old Sebilis to farm, since the money can be pretty good.  Convincing someone to do that when you're on so you can run out after it's cleared is an option.  Or perhaps someone will be bored or kind enough to do it anyway just for you.

Also, people will kill Trakanon occasionally, for epics as well as for the VP key (if they decide to go the old way rather than the new).  So that's another possibility for people to show up.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Kebrarn

Just look at some maps of the zone and find where the zone out is.  I think I could run naked from the zonein to the zone out without getting hit at all.  

You can get a summon corpse orb that drops in Chardok for about 2k (on fennin at least) and use that to summon your corpse than run to the zone out or even gate with a single chargegate item (no more than 300p a pop).
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Kanne

If you are high enough, don't forget to use your resistant discipline.  It should help to keep root off.

Hudena

Someone else talked about it but, never ever travel without a gate potion, EVER.   You get others killed.

On eqtraders they have the recipe for Velium Vapors, its an easy to make no cost gate potion to Thurgadin if faction allows if not buy one.

http://eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=4467&menustr=035000000000

Oneiromancer

There's a guide stickied in the Quests section of the forum as well.

Game on,

Animist

on a side note, i think old seb is not keyed now, no?  :?

i remember long time ago i saw in the patch message that old seb does not required a key to enter now....
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Dumpty

It is, that was a bug when all the old keys where changed to the flag system.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Shatho

I guess I should have carefully read his post first.  Best thing to do is to get your mage friend to bring you a gate potion -  or try and get someone to cast invis on you and make a run for it.  The mobs randomly see invis, so maybe you can run past them before they break the invis.

Wrek Increw Druid
Mens  Monk
Quellious

Andwen

Well, I had my alt up in the bazaar and bought some gate potions.
Had one of my friends run down and give em to me.

My friend's got a cleric alt., we just need to get him his key so I can get my rez.
With that exp. back, I should be able to ding 54 finally.

I'm kinda wondering if I should stay in Seb or not. The experience is absolutely PHENOMENAL, but the risk of death is so high... LOL.

Oneiromancer

I am pretty sure that your corpse timer for getting experience from a rez goes down when any character on your account is signed on.  So if you've got more than 3 hours logged in to that account since the death, don't bother getting a rez.  Besides, you should be able to make the experience back in the time it takes to convince someone to run down there, fight to your body, make it back out, etc.  Well, hopefully.

Game on,

Kromjr

Always the OT gate hammer quest thats fairly simple to do. Does require it to be in use for it to work. However do the old duel trick and port off someone ;)
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm