Main Menu

Dranik's Scar Expeditions

Started by Arkand, September 17, 2004, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkand

Has anyone been able to find the named that Grand Historian Gersh mentions when he gives you the expeditions in the little caves near him? So far we have done 3 (2 times clearing almost all of the dungeons) and have never seen the named pop (or on track.)
Arkand Wolfpaw of Xev
68 Feral Lord

Kashmiir Battlekat

I have done them 2 times and not yet seen a named.

Did get a +4 Wis Aug to drop off trash... once. Was one of them new tradeskill aug's.

XP is decent (note: not great) and basically no loot (just merchant crap drops) and no named. Rather boring Exp if you ask me.

Zaramak

Farm these expeditions constantly, when you get the expedition you get PHers for the named.  You have to find the PH and then camp it til named spawns.  There is one expedition where live mobs are indiff and the rest are undead so we just ITU to the named PHers and camp between where they spawn.  On a good run can get 6 named in 2 hours.

Wildblood - Lanys T'Vyl

Rhajah

How tough are these expeditions?  I frequently 3 and 4-box and was wondering if one would be doable for XP.

DontPetBear

Zaramak,  Do you or anyone else know what the PH names are.  I've never gotten the expedition myself, but spent about 5+ hours there grouping (2 diff. expeditions) to no avail.  Would really like to know which mobs we're supposed to be looking for and then camping.

It's halfway decent experience.  Got a little over 2 AA's in 3hrs. of constant pulling, level 65 going full AA.  Split was about 180pp.   It's not too difficult.  I tanked one for awhile and didn't have any problems except on 3+pulls, where they bunched up and couldn't get them split/mez'd/rooted in time.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Zaramak

For the expedition we did that had the Bats, Rats, and jellyfish guys the 2 named PHers were, tatterwing bat and hideous rat.  They spawn 2 rooms apart so just kept clearing between the 2 for exp and the named whenever they spawned.  Never ran out of mobs either and didn't have to go beyond the 2 rooms we were clearing.

Wildblood - Lanys T'Vyl

rhorse

This expedition you are talking about is it the same thing as the tasks. Or something totally different. Sorry about not knowing the answer. I tried search and came up with post about spells and AA's.

DontPetBear

It's different than Task's Rhorse.  It's kinda like an Ldon that never ends lol.  Pretty mindlessly boring, especially when nothing pops or drops.

Edit: Discordling Warrior one of the PH's.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord