Main Menu

Why didn't the Monks move?

Started by Artan Stovokor, January 06, 2004, 04:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrkskog

Quote from: Kenaniahmaybe the bashers should take a look at themselves and see who the pathetic ones really are.

Yeah, right...  :roll:

Scalewulf

Kenaniah,

Bud, I've read this entire thread and it hasn't felt like a Monk-bashing thread to me.  Much more like a "Our community is tight-knit" thread.  

A little paranoid maybe?

8)

P.S.
Apathetic is the word that was used, NOT pathetic.

Apathetic - Void of feeling; not susceptible of deep emotion; passionless; indifferent.

Lastermaul

I have to agree with Kenaniah. What is the difference if the Monks choose to not move now or ever from Yanits. Maybe thier community is so tight that Yantis does not bother them. And why is there even any concern on a Beastlord site whether or not a Monk site is moving?
Lastermaul Gemahl
Vah Shir Animist of 55 seasons
"Only the foolish of mice would hide in a cat's ear, but only the wisest of cats would think to look there...."

Grymbok

/shrug

The original poster asked how come we all upped and moved when Yantis arrived but the Monks didn't, seems like a fair question. Ultimately I guess the answer is that all our moderators moved and the MB ones (for whatever reason) didn't.
Elder Grymbok Fizzog - 65 Beastlord - Veeshan
Fizbak - 55 Wizard - Veeshan

Kenaniah

must be a colorado thing, I live in Colorado too, and he agrees with me! LOL! I'm just saying, why are people bashing monks, how did it get to a question of "why haven't monks moved" to "MOnks are whining apathetic babies" and I know what apathetic means thank you I don't need a dictionary for that.
Kenaniah Silvanesti - Vah Shir Savage Lord
Ssyrax Shadowfyre - Iksar Transcendent
Penwin Starphyre - Wood Elf Preserver

Skanda

Question:
Quote"why haven't monks moved"
Answer:
Quote"MOnks are whining apathetic babies"

Right answer or not (and no I don't think all monks are like this, just the vocal ones) )MB does have a certain reputation that has been making the rounds for quite a while. I've never visited the site, nor do I care too, but even I've heard about the "whiny" monks over at MB. Like it or not it seems that MB is looked down upon at every message board I visit.

Deaddragoxo

i do agree the BST commmunity is a bit different that the other class boards esp. this message board. Only messageboard i read side this is Graffe and i dont even play a wizard...though people on the site think i do cuz i post so much :P

kegulik

We moved 'cause we have cooler people in the community.

The monks well...

Yeah, um.  I was taught 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.' Soooo, thanks to the people that set this sight up!
Kegulik

cougerofeq

Quote from: KenaniahTo say that all they do is whine is rediculous, they are broken, after playing several other classes I still feel they deserve more. My beastlord could solo just as well as my 65 monk at level 58. If you are wondering why they didn't move, I wouldn't have uprooted a community as established and old as that one over such a small circumstance either. If this is just an excuse to bash monks, maybe the bashers should take a look at themselves and see who the pathetic ones really are.

I think that the reason some are bitter towards the Monky-business site is that their not leaving and suporting Yantis by poulating one of his communities had to have influence on him targeting US.  If previous puchases had failed, he would have been less likely to buy more.  So good reasons or not, their decision seems to have had a negative impact on us.

Its just human nature to be upset with anyone supporting someone you are at odds with.  Look at the harsh feelings between those BST who left and those who stayed - same thing.

I didn't say anything about the monk site, but felt sad that they didn't move and do what they could to stop Yantis. I dont thinkthat makes me pathetic - just human, like you when you said what you did, from your prespective.

cougerofeq

As "Broke" as beastlords were when they were introduced(and for a long time after), i'm sure monks will get their due.  No class has ever been as "broke" as BST were, and you have the mods from this board to thank for your 58 BST soloing better than your 65 monk.

Another reason I know they arent pathetic. :)

Rustycat

I just wanted to thank the Folks over on Graffe for posting  a link to the new BST site and also for there posts supporting the move.  I also have a 65 wizard and think that graffe has some of the most in the KNOW players in the game and a wonderful community. Thanks Wizbang, Rombus and the rest of the gang  :D

Rustycat

Krullis 65 Arcainist
Solusek Ro
Elder Rustycat
Solusek Ro

DiosT

i think the core reasons are...

1) Monks didnt seem to be bothered by the change much
2) Beastlords were
3) The 'key' beastlord people all wanted to leave (Mods, frequent posters, etc.), so kinda pulls most those who liked them along
4) A new site was set up super fast, giving people a place to run to

Krieg

I always thought the monks didn't leave because they'd rather stay and whine rather than do anything useful.....   :)

Nah, just kidding.

I honestly don't think we were the most broken class ever. Chanters before they nerfed charm xp gets my vote for that.

Krieg
http://www.warrenclarke.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/krieg_sig1-350.jpg>

Kenaniah

It is incorrect to say no class was ever as broken as Beastlords, if you go back to the very begining look at Rangers, look at bards who had broken songs every single patch. And it wasn't a praise to say that my 58 beast can solo better than my monk, it was saying it's MESSED UP, that this is able to happen... a 65 Monk with 40AA points, compared to a 58 with NO AA points, should not have a harder time soloing the same mobs.
Kenaniah Silvanesti - Vah Shir Savage Lord
Ssyrax Shadowfyre - Iksar Transcendent
Penwin Starphyre - Wood Elf Preserver

Ghoat

Hehe dont forget rogs & pallies before RoK - tits on a boarhog :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll