Main Menu

Returning Beastlord

Started by Amonmoon, September 29, 2005, 02:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amonmoon

Hello guys.

I quit right when PoP was released. I havent purchased any expansion since then. I can't find a nice package that contains all or most of them. So I was wondering what expansions are worth buying? Or should I get them all. I just hate the thought of dishing out all that cash.

And are things better or worse for beastlords now?

Rhajah

Well, I just returned to EQ myself a month ago and I also tried to find a package with most/all of the expansions.  The best I could find was EQ:Platinum for 19.99.  It has most of them, but is missing Omens of War, Dragons of Norrath and DoD (of course). 

Tastian

The answer to which expansions to get and how things are for beastlords really depends where you are with your beastlord.  8P

Depths did somethings to help our dps issues, but we still have them.

Omens gave some new spells and pets along with the level boost, but it was a really bad spell lineup for us overall that many still curse out.  The new player heal is great, especially if you are more casual in your gear.  The 66-68 runes are tradeable so if you've got some money or farm it you can pick them up easily on most servers from what I've seen. 

DoN has some great missions and rewards.  The spell from there is quite good and upgraded lifetap procs are great.  Gear and focus effects too, again depending on where your char is at.

PoP is the first level cap and from the sound of it you are still 60, so that'd be nice to grab and there are quite a few good AAs and nice spells there to get. 

I'd take some time and read some threads on the boards.  Don't believe all of it right away.  8P  But it might give you an idea of some other questions to ask.

Gotog Ironskull

What did it do?  New spells you can't hope to get unless your a mega raider and more AA's Oh great more wasted time in PoFire Carpets.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Tastian

I'm guessing you are refering to depths?

The spells are available to non-mega raiders and I've seen an assortment of geared/styled/personality people with them.  They aren't easy for some by any means, but they are achieveable.  Although some servers definitely seem to run the missions less.  *shrugs*

AAs are something we need it's an expansion and the AAs we got are quite good.  A lot of people will buy improved BF in their first 100-200 AAs at this point if they can and that's not too shabby considering all of the other options that are out there now.  Fetter is something a lot of beastlords atm would really miss if it was gone.  *shrugs*  As far as expansions go it has been better to us than most. 

Grbage

By your comment I will assume you are more a casual player. Well, over the last several expansions soe has been kinder to casual play style. There is a lot of decent gear that drops from 1 group encounters now and progression style armor quest in oow that is mostly 1 groupable. DoN introduced player made gear and missions that you earn crystals from to buy decent gear/augs. The prices are reasonable too. The verdict is still out on DoD, sounds like the RvR is a bit skewed but the devs are working on it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Amonmoon

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have some shoping to do.  :-D