Main Menu

Family guild and Elemental flags: Possible?

Started by Artan Stovokor, January 27, 2004, 03:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artan Stovokor

Hi guys,

The other day while I had my LFG sign on, I was sent a tell by someone asking if I wanted to join a elemental planes exp group.  I had to reply saying that I was only tactics flagged but thanks for asking.

The tactics flag was easy.  Just kill the dudes in PoS untill somone in the group had all 4 items needed for the turn in to flag the group.

I belong to a smallish family guild and don't see myself ever joining another guild unless this one folds for some strange reason.  Even if that happens I will just join another family guild.

I plan eq around RL.  Seems many of the elemental guilds have relatively strict raiding requirements for members.  I would love to be in one of these raiding guilds.  It just isn't possible though since I can never promise to be on at any given time of day or any day of the week.

Am I pretty much gonna have to stick with grinding out AA's in PoV, HoH etc...etc and soloing for AA for the rest of my EQ life and just squash any idea of ever becoming elemental flagged?  That's ok if that is the case but it sure would be nice to see some of the cool stuff some day.

Mindlet

I don't know about your sever but a lot of them have pop flagging raids that are run by people not in big guilds. You should be able to find out if one is run on your server. If there isn't you could maybe try and start one don't know how these actually got started. Otherwise theres pretty much no chance of getting to the elementals.

Ukator Iceblood

I'm in same kinda situation. You might be able to find raids with friend guilds, or open raids, on a few pop mobs to get you flags. However its gonna be a long hard road.

GoD is coming so you can go there also:). I have no idea if they will open up Sol Ro/elementals at anypoint. Don't think they should, even though I would like it selfishly. I would love a questable flag for Sol Ro/Ele', but I'm sure most wouldn't and I can totally understand that. I wouldn't like Tactics becoming BoT 2.0, and I know Sol Ro+ would be the new spot for people flocking there.

So long answer short, yes you will xp in those zones or GoD for a long time, unless you get lucky and get flags with other guilds on the side.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Caali

Just to prove to you that a family type guild can get to elementals... mine did yesterday by killing RZ. We do not have required attendance nor do we have a real DKP system and yet we still made it. Granted I don't think we're considered a small guild, ~120 active members still we're definitely not hardcore. I think as time progresses you'll see more and more family type guilds getting into the elementals.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

bugman

pop progression is no joke, its really still pretty difficult. so i would say that your average family guild wont be able to progress to elemental planes, even if several family guilds banded together. one interesting thing about the guild im in is that it started by some folks that were burnt out on high end eq as a small guild for friends to have fun in. well some of them got a hankering to grow a bit and raid a bit more. the guild i was in at the time was 2 groups strong, mostly people that had known eachother for years now and we ended up all joining them. then a few more rl contacts added to the ranks, then we found a group of 8 or so more people that were all related or good friends irl and they joined. suddenly we found ourselfs steamrolling through ssra, vt and now most of the guild is fully ep flagged and most of the targets otw went down first try. the cool thing is we're still a group of rl friends and family, just many different clans merged. we still recruit mostly from people that have either been long time friends in game (like years) or more often rl contacts. and when a new recruit is being considered its nearly assured they can join if they're rl friends of family of someone. we've had a max of like 64 i think for any one raid, but on a average night is much less. alot of people in the guild only play one or two nights a week due to rl problems, babies, jobs etc, but thats okay, they still get to stay in the guild and still get to come on raids and have fun when able. so no i dont think a single small family oriented guild would ever have a chance at getting ep flagged (even most high end guilds wouldnt let smaller guilds get a free ride on their backflagging usually), but whats to say you cant just extend a family guild thats smallish into a huge machine of pop god death like we did. we value friends and family more then anything else and we're steamrolling pop progression. really its amazing what rl networking can do :P

ps now even the people that didnt start out knowing eachother irl are planning guild gatherings to meet people
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Kivuli

Yes. I'm in a family-style guild (Sword of Fate on Prexus) and we just killed Rallos Zek tonight. We have no mandatory anything (except honor and maturity), and no DKP or anything like that. What we have is a buncha cool guys who like to get together on mondays and smack things.

It may take a while, but you can get there. Don't lose hope. :)

Mindlet

I wouldn't consider a guild with 120 members to be a family guild. I would think family guild means around 30 to me. Our guild has only ever managed to get 72 on a raid once most times its 40-50. We don't use DKP we don't have mandatory raiding but I wouldn't consider us to me a family guild.

Artan Stovokor

I have actually been on a couple of the open raids.  I am not sure how often they are.  I think there may even be a channel for them.  I think /join stuff2do or /join stuff2kill.  I can't remember the exact name but it was something like that.  Maybe I will just auto join that channel and see what happens.  I am in no way looking for the fast track to the elementals.  I just hope it's possible.  I can see that it probably is.  Thanks for the replies, friends.  Oh I am on Tholuxe Paells server. :)

Tastian

We have people flagged all the way up through sol ro that aren't even guilded.  Pick up raids have dropped MM/RZ/etc, so I'm sure that in time you'll be able to get the flags if you want.  Almost everything in EQ can be had, it's just a question of time.  I know a lot of people that never thought they'd see VT, but now they are there.  With a busy RL and a smaller guild it can take time, but if you make it a priority I honestly think you can have it.

Oiingo

Ayonae's Open Raiders (AOR) has proven to be quite successful here on Ayonae Ro.  Perhaps if you don't have something like this on your server, you could get it going?  Poke http://nitrous.org/aor/">this link for more information.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Warrl

the major drawback for family guilds in getting ep flagged is in the raid tactics and following directions. I am a raid leader for our family guild and the biggest problem we encounter is our casual raiders addapting to new tactics and raid styles. an example 2 things we are concentrating on now are the MT and MA difference and keeping a mob stationary and balancing the push. If the family style guilds can get these kinds of things down then there should be nothing holding them back from seeing the Elemental Planes.

Just my 2cp
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

Tytallia

My family guild (DKP but not mandatory raiding) downed Fennin Ro last weekend and we got 2 Xegony keys tonight. We still don't have a clue what "Surround the mob and even out the push" means. Banning pets didn't seem to cure the push problem so people are still scratching their heads trying to figure out where push comes from...

I agree that "family guild" is kind of a relative term. Since we got people back from SWG and already recruited others to replace them we get Full raid + 1 group now most evenings. I still call us a family guild because we are way lax/laidback on things that raiding guilds have fits over. Like chronic AFKers and people who assist the ST instead of MT a lot. But hey, we kill mobs dead, we get flags and we get the loot. So we must be doing something right.  :roll:

Morganti

Can a family guild reach the elemental planes?

yes

if the family guild has a few people dedicated solely to learning tactics...and who want to go that far

Accolade on Mith Mar took out VZ with 24 people...not the hardest of the PoP progression mobs...but a pain none the less...

hell if your guild wants to be in the elementals just for the xp and not to raid...

have your guild leader run PU progression raids :D

~D~

Warrl

as far as the push goes pets do generate alot but look to Melee with Knockback weps and Pallies that are stunning. and to even it out try to have a melee standing directly opposite another all around the mob leaving just enough room for the rouges to work. also the MT needs to make sure that if a mob has to stay away from caster to rotate the mob as neccessary to counter rouges pushing against his single self in front.

again just my 2cp worth
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

Zentrel

i was just going to mention AoR but Oinngo beat me to it.  :twisted:  

so far i have gotten 3 flags with them, but there has been a few people now to get Elemental Flagged with em.