Main Menu

DPS numbers question

Started by Quilly, July 27, 2011, 06:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quilly

So I am fairly new to Beastlords, and am trying to get better at utilizing my toon to it's full potential. Tonight I was parsing myself (molo, group missions) and over the night I averaged 7100 DPS.  The times I "burned" I was at between 11.1 K and 13.6 K DPS.  Does this sound right ? I was hoping for higher "burn" DPS, I was mostly happy with sustained since I didn't use the ice hate nuke (slightly more dmg) and may have been able to do a little more since we had someone else tanking and I didn't want to steal agro from him.  

I am using the Claws of the Orc Lord (raid) main hand (with a 6 dmg aug), and Dream Destroyer's Hand off hand (with a 4 dmg aug), 45% haste, had Shaman buffs, and half the night had Enchanter buffs as well. No other complimenting classes to add DPS other than those buffs and self buffs/clickies.  All passive DPS melee AAs done, all nuke AAs done, nowhere near done with pet AAs.  Any help would be appreciated.

Blarp

thats really not to bad,

Use Bloodage as it pops  thats BIG 5 min DPS for warder in groups also use spires and GBA as they come up spec if u have 2+ mobs in camp.

burn roder plays a big deal u nuke heavy?

Vidyne

I'm max AA, group geared with the same two weapons.  Formerly when I used Demon's horn + destroyer's hand, I would get around 5-6k normal and 10-12k burn.  You are higher than that, although I have not re-parsed with the new claw.

I'm usually self buffed with cleric merc and tanking usually since I molo/box quite a bit due to time restriction.

Khauruk

I'd expect your burn to be a little bit higher w/ that new claw, but it sounds like you're donig things right.  We really need zerker, sham, ranger, bard to start putting up really large numbers.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

redoing what u cast and when can add 2-3 k dps. depending on what u are doing now

Damim

Yeah, don't be afraid of the ice/poison nuke.  We got deaggro tools for that.  1.5 sec recast is huge.

Quilly

Quote from: Blarp on July 27, 2011, 08:58:51 AM
thats really not to bad,

Use Bloodage as it pops  thats BIG 5 min DPS for warder in groups also use spires and GBA as they come up spec if u have 2+ mobs in camp.

burn roder plays a big deal u nuke heavy?

Will have to get Bloodrage, and use group BA more often. Don't have time right now to post what I cast, but I will when I get more time. Thank you for the info!

Quilly

Quote from: Damim on July 27, 2011, 01:16:43 PM
Yeah, don't be afraid of the ice/poison nuke.  We got deaggro tools for that.  1.5 sec recast is huge.

Will have to test it out, I use it solo, but try not to when others are tanking since I seem to be an agro whore, even with chameleon strike. Last night, the tank also had T2 gear/weapons and fewer AAs than me, when I have T4 gear / weapons. Thanks for the info.

Hzath

Don't worry too much about your burn dps being low.  Big numbers (anything over 15-20k given your setup) is pretty much impossible without a lot of coordination from a shaman, bard, and ranger.

Work in the agro nuke as you can, given the tank you're with, but for not using it your sustained dps seems right where I would expect it.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Quilly

What I was casting last night was typically:
If paying attention, Growl of the tiger before mob was in camp.
Slow (to pre slow mob, and if anyone besides tank was getting it, I was the best choice).
Bestial Vivisection
Feral swipe, Rush, Flurry of Claws (no AE problems where we were), and bite of the asp
Sarsez's bite, Kron's Maelstrom, Glacial Lance, then Chameleon strike
Tuzil's Feralgia, and if mob still had a decent amount of HPs Spinechiller Blood
Kron's Maelstrom

So, put in Frozen Venin in place of Glacial Lance? or can I use both (hadn't used both together before).

And is there a difference in damage for Tuzil's Feralgia vs. Shout at the moon ?

My "burns" were with 1st spire, BA, Nature's Fury, and group T4 BP click

Thanks for the suggestions :)

bradam

In full T4 group gear and a decent amount of aa's you can tank anything in HoT group content with a cleric merc rather easiily.  Go full bore and let the tank "try" to keep agro  =)

and I swear every single beastlord got those damn claws but me..   :x

Blarp

this is my spell line up
1) slow
2) FV
3) Bite
4) Storm
5)lance( or roar)
6) tuzil's
7) fero
8) dot
9) dot
10) dot
11) dot
12) Blostering

ii dont use dots to much in groups unless im pulling its nice to buld hate iwht them on long pulls.( hzathz is an agro whore) with me atm MC beach.... we are both only running 10-12k DPS on avg with a combine of  mid 11k for 3+ hours in camp... soy uor DPS right now is really not bad at all

Hzath

Try this order:  

Use Tuzil's as your first dps spell after BV/Feral Swipe/Rush/FlurryofClaws
Next Cast Kron's Maelstrom - don't be fooled by the high damage it has overrides in place to do almost no agro
Cast Frozen Venin
Use Chameleon Strike+Bite of the Asp (if you have it)

Repeat these spells as they refresh or as your mana can handle.  I recommend these 3 because they are by far the most efficient damage per mana spells, and also happen to be the highest dps spells.

You can use Frozen Venin and Glacial Lance at the same time if you want, but good luck staying in mana.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Quilly

Great, thanks all for your input! Will try some different things out over the next couple weeks and see how it goes :) Right now the BST is my alt, but if they continue to nerf my main, I might have to switch. Appreciate all the comments / suggestions!

Quilly

Quote from: bradam on July 27, 2011, 03:21:47 PM
In full T4 group gear and a decent amount of aa's you can tank anything in HoT group content with a cleric merc rather easiily.  Go full bore and let the tank "try" to keep agro  =)

and I swear every single beastlord got those damn claws but me..   :x

I dunno about easy, at least for me :p  I can do T1 and T2 pretty well, but when trying to do the tasks in Al'kabor for EXP, I seem to be maybe 75% with those mobs- I win 3, they kill me :( or something like that.  I do have all defensives done now (CA, CS, AoW), but missing a some HP AAs.  I guess I am not fully T4, I have 2 pieces of T3 group gear left, and 2 pieces of T6 UF raid gear I bought that was going to be destroyed.  I definitely would NOT want to tank in T4! Though I haven't tried yet..