Main Menu

DPS numbers question

Started by Quilly, July 27, 2011, 06:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradam

T3 group content is oodles harder then T4 for some reason.  Even T4 named are a joke.   UF was the same way, I dunno why heh

I've been done with T4 a while, went back and have been working hunter in T3 just for something to do and some of those named tore me up lol

I'd say skip to T4 and gear up there unless you like to do stuff in order. 

nedoirah

Quote from: bradam on July 27, 2011, 03:21:47 PM

and I swear every single beastlord got those damn claws but me..   :x

I don't have them either so don't feel bad.

This reminds me. I'm going to have to recheck my self parses to see where I'm at. Last I checked with 2500 aa and 1 T3 1hb and 1 T4 1hb weapon I parsed at 7k partial burn.

Dieselkatt

Do you bind your keys? I put these in the first 4 spell gems and bind them to one key: 1.Kron's 2. Sarsez 3. Frozen Venin 4. Glacial Lance. I just hit one key and it casts the spell that is up. I choose this order because i dont use Glacial Lance all the time so if the first 3 spells are down I just dont hit the key again for GL, I wait til one of the others refreshes.
I don't have the top weaps but with that spell setup and using Shout at the moon, I can stay right in the 12k - 13k range (RAID buffed and overhaste) when Moloing in SS without disc's. Ofcourse you have to hit yourself with FoP after every mob to keep your mana up. I also bind kick, BV and swipe. I have roar of thunder, bite of asp and chameleon strike bound with other things also so nothing goes to waste when its up. Usually for a lesson I'll pop an elemental tonic and that will boost it up a bit. Don't forget your type 3 augs to boost your spells also.

Quilly

I have a full set of T4 visible armor, just missing a couple non visible slots. Just saying I can't tank the trash very well (in T3, let alone T4).

I have not bound spells / abilities to hotkeys yet, that definitely sounds like it would help me (so much clicking and keyboard mashing!). What kind of /pause do I need to put in between the spells or combat abilities? Or do I need a /pause at all between each one?  Will have to do this as well, should save time instead of me clicking each spell and hitting each combat ability  :-D  Thanks!

Khauruk

You don't use spells and hotkeys.

Mem spells in the order you want them to cast (Kron's > Venin > Poison > Cold > Old cold for me)
Options > Keys > Spell Casting.  In the alternate column, put the key you want to press to cast those spells in the line for *each* spell gem.  So cast gem 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 would each have "Alt `" for me (I use the key to the left of 1 w/ Alt for my casting).

Then when I hit alt-~ it casts what's in gem 4.  If that's greyed out, it casts what's in gem 5.  If that's greyed out, it casts what's in gem 6, etc, etc,...
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Dieselkatt

I was misleading in my post, Khauruk is correct in how the spell casting is set up. The key binding is for the other abilities. I see you are on Povar, feel free to send me a tell in game.

Blarp

i really hate Muti BInding,, for me its lower DPS i twist in my Dots there as i have a DD proc for dots and nukes, so i can get in full dots every other nuke set, plus t gets dots going they are insta cast..( raid mobs)

in groups dots are good for pulling thats it

Khauruk

Why can't you cast dots if you multibind?  You don't have to rely on it for *all* of your casting, and I never did.  I'd dump dots on a mob when appropriate.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

i guess the best way to thinko f my casting is like a bard twisting songs, i skip around based on recast timers, as i need to.... i really just hate mutli binding.

Dieselkatt

Quote from: Blarp
i really hate Muti BInding,, for me its lower DPS i twist in my Dots there as i have a DD proc for dots and nukes, so i can get in full dots every other nuke set, plus t gets dots going they are insta cast..( raid mobs)

Looking at your sustained DPS and mine, it doesnt appear i'm losing dps by keybinding. You have more AA and better (though slight) weapon ratio's than I do. It just comes down to preference and what works better for each individual.

Blarp

Orbus1

I have spells bound also but I just use them for burns, just mash my melee key and mash my spell key and that way I am free to watch for emotes or whatever. Regular grouping or soloing I just click on what spells I want.

Blarp

i have a feeling ill try to mutli bind for my bard at one point tho.. lol

Quilly

Tried some of the tips you guys gave me, thank you for all the comments. In a brief period of hunting, averaged out to 8k DPS.  But not sure I could do that continuously if someone was chain pulling, even with focused paragon every time it pops. Guess I will eventually need to max out the mana regen AAs at some point too  :-P

Blarp

that does help a good bit, you willg et used to it after a while,