Main Menu

Gelid Claw

Started by holrwarder, August 02, 2011, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holrwarder

OK the team I raid with is in SS and we are working through event #5, Elements of a Dream. On killing the boss, "The Dream Master's Avatar" you cant cast spells on him, or it creates adds. The passive spell Gelid Claw ( i think the name of it is ) procs when I melee, so I was told not to melee, just /pet attack and range. My question is is there a way to block that passive spell, so it doesnt fire on the event?

There are only 3 beastlords on the team, and one is seldom there. It would be a great help if anyone could help a bst out -) :mrgreen:

He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword, bringing oceans of tears in laughter

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Dieselkatt

Gelid Rending proc's off of H2H checks, so not only can you not use H2H weapon's, you can't use Rush, Forray, Feral Swipe or the like.

Dieselkatt

Also, I don't know if anyone else is having problems with this, but using /pet no cast or spellhold (whatever it is) is not keeping our pets from proc'ing. I checked parses of all 4 of our bsts with spellhold on and every pet still cast spells.

Khauruk

Aye, that doesn't affect pet procs.  It affects things like the mage fire pet only iirc - when the pet has an innate spell that they cast.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Things that do not have an manacost will not trigger the adds that your raidleader assumes will come. This list includes, but is not limited to:

Roar of Thunder
Chameleon Strike
Gelid Claw
Bite of the Asp/Raven/Gorilla Smash
Rush
Feral Swipe

If you like, you could reference your raidleader to me and I could prove it, but you are safe to melee that mob as long as you don't cast any actual spells.

Inphared

The list also includes your pet procs, which (dun dun dun) don't have a manacost.

Dieselkatt

Interesting, supposedly one of our first logs on that event showed a pet spawning 19 some odd adds. Doubt if I will be able to re evaluate any of this since we have that event down and RL uses no pets whatsoever.

Jili

Tell your RL he is silly...

If I had RL's banning pets i would not stay long in that guild. Pet is a good chunk of what the beastlord class is. Sometimes I choose to not use my trusted warder, but rarely have the RL's banned it.

[Thu Aug 04 19:11:27 2011] Dead tells dpsfury:6, '/GU The Dream Masters Avatar in 44s, 24621k @559579dps -- Jililuokta  pets 1395k @35780dps

Thats without spells, silly to not use that dps, tell your RL =P