Main Menu

whats a BLs role in raids?

Started by zinge, August 03, 2011, 01:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinge

hello folks.  im wanting to know what the beaselords role is in raids.   iam being told that they are used for healing.  I have not raided since OOW mind you, and a necro at that.  I have come back to game and wanted to try something else later on when i get the AA up to snuff.  Back then i remember BLs being good damage on raids and were brought on raids for their dps.  Anything changed since then?

Thanks in advance.

Khauruk

Good dps, particularly our sustained dps which is very very solid.
Mana regen buffs (paragon, single-target paragon, Spiritual line).
Attributed dps (Nature's Fury buff)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bobokatt1970

Maybe add our new Fero.  I know that with the faster recast on it and of course it's actually beneficial now, it has become one of our fav buffs that all top melee ask from us as we get set up. 

Blarp

Fero SE, mana feeds and a Very good dps role. burst not as much.. for me at least as our consistent DPS.. long term not many people can come close to us.

Sabbu

true blarp, but a well played well geared BL can also burn 36k on raids =)

Blarp

well maybe 36k for u sabbu some of us have borken 50k now!! /wink how are u doing now btw man

Khauruk

Derp!  Can't believe I forgot fero!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

No one mentioned friendly pet?

The person who said we're used for healing was probably messing with you, but we do have a new spell line that allows our warder to proc a heal on whoever is tanking the mob the warder is attacking.  A few beastlords in a raid can provide some extra sporadic spot heals to the main tank.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

bobokatt1970

well said on the friendly pet buff.. indeed with a few bsts, if the raid is lucky enough to have them, really helps the MT.

zinge

Good to know that we are not healers lol.  I've been out so long that anything was possible.  Another question though.  Right now I'm sporting weapons that are fairly quick in delay, like 20 and 21.  I have a gang in the ban waiting for me to hit 71.  It's  something like 27dng 24 delay with me being level 68 so far.  should I try to stick to faster weapons or is this a fairly good speed?

I will be trying to two box my 1.5 soon for the pet buff also.  Hoping.g that goes well lol.

Blarp

epics are 100% worthless now the clicky will LOWER warder DPS now kinda sucks..

Id use what ever u can for your weps in the lower( sub90) levels. when 90 there are 2 good h2h Dream destory hand, and demond horn 18///20 dly weps. thats where the money is for us spec with our innate AA proc DD/atl debuff with h2h weps.

Jili

Quote from: Blarp on August 03, 2011, 07:17:59 PM
well maybe 36k for u sabbu some of us have borken 50k now!! /wink how are u doing now btw man

Hereby i forbid anyone to even mention any parse less then 60 seconds long! (Edit: I just remembered i posted a 44 sec parse yesterday, I need a spanking)

Quote from: Blarp on August 04, 2011, 11:29:38 PM
epics are 100% worthless now the clicky will LOWER warder DPS now kinda sucks..
Are you 100% sure its 100% useless?
That depends on if the check for spellprocs vs clickprocs are calculated differently.
In normal cases a pc fires off the procs in the order buffs are stacked in buffwindow, so placing epic proc at the very end in pet buffwindow should not prevent any other proc from going off. But of course it will not do stellar dps anyway. So might as well drop it.

Is this parsed with tiger and bardsong procs?

Sharrien

Procs aside, aren't the other mods from Might of the Wild Spirits worth having it? 

1:  Increase Double Attack by 8% 
3:  Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 12% 
4:  Increase HP when cast by 1000 
5:  Increase Max Hitpoints by 1000 
6:  Add Proc: Wild Spirit Strike rate mod 400
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

As far as a dps booster, I don't think so.  The slot 1 affect will have no real affect.  The slot 3 could be useful w/ the pet tanking, but that wasn't common enough for me to not bank the epic a good while ago.  As for Jilis comment about bufforder, I never checked that.  Possibly it is correct, but that would be a bitch to maintain for sure, for minimal potential dps gain.  I don't recall how I parsed it anymore...it's hidden back around here somewhere.  As I recall though, it was relatively cursory, so it's doubtful.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Eatmice