Main Menu

Sony finally gave us love (kinda)...

Started by AbyssalMage, August 28, 2011, 07:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Most of us have quit reading the EQ II news mainly because...well....there are no Beastlords. But Sony finally woke up and smelled the coffee  :-o

Currently (from what I read) the pre-quest is going on to explain why we disappeared :cry:/and our return 8-)

So cheers to all our fellow Beastlords who started EQ II only to discover there was no BL. The wait is almost over :-D !!!

Now back to our daily EQ BL conversations....
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

Please post some of the lore, if you play EQ2.  Though I don't play the game, I'd love to see how they re-introduce BSTs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on August 28, 2011, 03:14:41 PM
Please post some of the lore, if you play EQ2.  Though I don't play the game, I'd love to see how they re-introduce BSTs.

The best I could find  :-(

GU61 Preview: Beastlord Prelude Event

Found the initial thread mentioning it while browsing Allah and Sony's forums doesn't seem to have much of anything except the official announcement. Expansion - Age of Discovery

Screenshot!!!
Have to scroll down to it, but its there! (Barbarian + Wolf)
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Vinsinar

Hey all

Let me start by introducing myself. Vinsinar was my BL in EQ which I played for many years before taking a break after hardcore raiding for over 2 yrs. When I was ready to come back I checked out all the new games at the time EQ2 no BL so didn't play. WoW had Hunters so played it for a few years but the changes killed it for me. Went back to EQ2 then Warhammer, Conan, LoTR, DnD and finally Rift. After all Rift had the Beastmaster so it had to be good. Well it was close but just not the same too easy to 1 buttonish. All this time logging into EQ to play my BL but each time I was further and further behind and too much work to catchup so I didn't stay. As you can see over the past 6 years there was one common thread to may gaming and I was trying to find an updated game that had a class like the BL. Since I settled on the fact that I wouldn't find that game I stuck with EQ2 (which imo is the best MMO out).  This July all that changed.

So as you have heard EQ2 finally gets the BL class after 6 years and all the EQ2 Dev post that EQ2 will never have the BL class and the word and all its variations being banned on the EQ2 forums. This Nov the class will be released in the expansion Age of Discovery. I will try and post as much of the lore and info as possible. I also wanted to see if it makes sense to add a separate section on this site for the EQ2 BL. When I played EQ this site was invaluable to me and helping me learn and improve my BL over the years. It would be great to have a site to send all new EQ2 Beastlords to for help. I'm also sure I'm not the only EQ BL that ended up in EQ2
that used this site so there maybe other returning members.

Here is what we know so far

Vinsinar

Here is the Lore we have so far:

There have been 2 quests to introduce the Lore for what happen to the Beastlords and how they are coming back.
This is from the quest Protectors of the Protectors which is on the good side there is also an evil version as well.

You say, "Hail, Caalnia"
Caalnia says to you, "Ah, hello. I apologize that I didn't see you coming. I've got my attention elsewhere."
You say to Caalnia, "What seems to be the trouble?"
Caalnia says to you, "Well... hmm. Let me see if I can explain. There's... something here. Something I can't exactly place, but pulls at me."
You say to Caalnia, "Pulls? Like how?"
Caalnia says to you, "It's a tug at my spirit. An energy that I can feel around us, but feels... I don't know. Ancient. Something trying to push through to our world."
You say to Caalnia, "Hmm... admittedly, things that attempt to cross into our world don't tend to come here with good intentions."
Caalnia says to you, "True enough, but I don't feel fearful. No... it's something else. I need to know more about it, which is why I came out here."
You say to Caalnia, "Okay, well, how are you going to investigate this?"
Caalnia says to you, "I placed a few totems around the plains, and imbued them with a light absorption magic. I'm hoping they might have absorbed some of the latent energies, which should give me some idea of what is happening."
You say to Caalnia, "All right. Do you think they might be ready?"
Caalnia says to you, "Yes, I believe they would be. I need to collect them, and then prepare the spell to find out what they might have absorbed."
You say to Caalnia, "Well, I'm interested now. If you don't mind my help, why don't I collect the totems while you prepare the spell?"
Caalnia says to you, "Oh! All right, well, that would be helpful. I'll get to work here, and you come back once you have a few of the totems. I appreciate the help!"
You say to Caalnia, "I'll return soon. Farewell."
You say, "Hail, Caalnia"
Caalnia says to you, "I'm glad to see you again! Did you find all of the totems?"
You say to Caalnia, "I did. Here they are. Hopefully they have what you need in them."
Caalnia says to you, "Hopefully. Well, let me cast the spell then. Stand back."
You say to Caalnia, "Best of luck!"
Caalnia says to you, "Hmm... I can't... I don't know exactly what this spiritual power is..."
You say to Caalnia, "Oh, did the absorption not work?"
Caalnia says to you, "No, no, it did. That's not it. This power is something else. There is definitely a spiritual energy here, but it's not a pattern that I'm familiar with... And I sense a corruption..."
You say to Caalnia, "Do you think the distortion could be something dangerous?"
Caalnia says to you, "I really can't say for sure... this spiritual energy is something that I think my mentor should see."
You say to Caalnia, "Would he know more about this then?"
Caalnia says to you, "For certain. He is well versed in spiritual matters, and has taught many young shamans beginning on their enlightened paths. If anyone will know what this energy is, it would be him."
You say to Caalnia, "I'd like to meet him, then. Would you mind if I take these to him?"
Caalnia says to you, "Actually, there are some more totems out there I'd like to collect before I head back. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to take these over to him now. His name is Yeomal Fallenecho. Look for him in the Temple of Life."
You say to Caalnia, "I'll do that. It was good to meet you. Farewell for now."
You have entered North Qeynos.
You have discovered The Temple of Life.
You say, "Hail, Yeomal Fallenecho"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Hello, child. I apologize, but I do not know your name."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "But I know yours. I met with Caalnia, who was doing some research out in Antonica. She sent me to see you."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Ah yes... she has a strong spiritual sense, that one. Certainly more sensitive than my own, but she still needs to learn to refine it. She will be powerful indeed."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "She sensed some odd energy out in Antonica, and set out some totems to absorb some of the spiritual magic she sensed."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "And what did she find out?"
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Actually, she was hoping you could help. She wasn't able to discern what this energy was, but felt you might have a better chance at it."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Very well. Can I see these totems?"
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Certainly. Here you are."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Give me a moment. I'll see what I can find out."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Take your time."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "... Ahh... yes. This is interesting. Interesting indeed."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Oh? Were you able to figure something out?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "This is... a presence that has been strong in Norrath for some time. Some time indeed. But there is something else..."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "It's something you know about then?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "It is. This is the residual energy of powerful spiritual guides. In the past, these beings, known collectively as the Truespirit, helped to guide many shaman on their paths through life, but they largely withdrew from this world long ago. Grandfather Takk told me that they were once again emerging, and that we could be seeing a New Awakening."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "She mentioned a corruption. Was that something you sensed as well?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "When I spoke with Grandfather Takk, he mentioned something about a corruption of the Truespirit. He believed that the source of the corruption had been destroyed, however - a group known as the Cult of Sellok."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "And that's still present?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Yes. I could sense it there, just as Caalnia did. I'm not sure why it would still be there, but it is something we should learn more about."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "How could we do that?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Well, the cult disappeared when their leader, a being known as Sellok, was destroyed. We never followed after them, believing them to have dispersed. We know they had hideouts in several places where they kept their knowledge and hid their activities from the outside world."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Where can we find them, then? Maybe we can get some clues."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "I have heard that there was a hideout out near Nektulos Forest. Perhaps you can search there for any evidence?"
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "I'll see what I can find out. Farewell."

Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "I'm glad to see you again. How was your journey to the deadly Nektulos Forest?"
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "It was fruitful. I was able to recover a tome with some information regarding the activities of the cult."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Ah, this is excellent! Let me see that, please."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Hopefully it helps you figure out what might be happening."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Hmm... yes... this is useful indeed."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "What are you seeing?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Well, it seems that the cult was looking to control the power of the Truespirit through the corruption. It looks like they believed that they could use their magic to sap the raw essence of the Truespirit and fuse it with their own spirits."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Were they successful?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Apparently on one occasion – Sellok himself was a product of this ritual, and was able to gain a tremendous amount of power from it. Others, it seems, were not so lucky."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "How so?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Evidently, there were some other attempts to absorb the power, but the merging ended up corrupting their own spirits."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Actually, I came upon a few Sellok cultists in the hideout... but they were shells of their former selves."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "That makes sense. It is slowly consuming their very being. It's likely that the real secret to this process was known to Sellok, but he must have kept crucial details to himself, so that he alone might benefit from its power."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "So what becomes of the Truespirit who are still corrupted? Are they too going to be consumed?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Luckily, the actions of Grandfather Takk and those that helped him were able to stop the plans of Sellok and his followers. The cult was destroyed and disbanded, but the corruption remained, and must have continued to seep into other members of the Truespirit."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Can they be saved?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Perhaps, but it's clear we'll need help in order to cleanse them once and for all."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "How might we do that then?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Grandfather Takk spoke of the return of the Truespirit, and mentioned a few by name. Although most of them are still invisible to the eyes of mortals, some have begun to emerge."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Do you know where we might find one of the Truespirit?"
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Perhaps... he mentioned one known as Ilfanul – a Truespirit of great power. This creature resides out in the Thundering Steppes, and might be able to help us cleanse the corruption."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Very well. I'll go out to meet Ilfanul, then. You remain here and continue the study of the tome, in case there is more to be learned from it."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Good plan. Return to me once you've spoken with Ilfanul."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "I will. Farewell to you for now."
You have entered The Thundering Steppes.

You say, "Hail, Ilfanul"
Ilfanul says to you, "Greetings, Young One. I have heard the whispers of your journey here."
You say to Ilfanul, "You knew I was coming to see you?"
Ilfanul says to you, "I did. And I know you are here to speak of the Blight, of the darkness that consumes the Truespirit."
You say to Ilfanul, "The Blight? You mean the corruption that Yeomal spoke of?"
Ilfanul says to you, "Indeed. It has drawn our strength, and has even caused some of us to become maddened and uncontrollable. If it continues unabated, it could destroy all the Truespirit who have crossed into this world, preventing the New Awakening."
You say to Ilfanul, "What is this New Awakening? Yeomal mentioned this as well... what is going on?"
Ilfanul says to you, "Now is not the time, but you will know soon enough. We must work to stop the spread of the Blight before it consumes all of the Truespirit."
You say to Ilfanul, "Very well. What can I do to help?"
Ilfanul says to you, "I know of a ritual that can cleanse the Truespirit of the Blight, but I will need components to perform it."
You say to Ilfanul, "I can collect those for you. What is it you will need?"
Ilfanul says to you, "First, the Blight cannot exist under the burn of light. There is some ancient dust in the plains of Antonica that has absorbed pure sunlight over the centuries."
You say to Ilfanul, "I will search for it. What else will you need?"
Ilfanul says to you, "The Blight will be washed away by the strength of the seas. There are pure concentrations of the sea's power that form into crystals. These crystals can be found along the shores of the Butcherblock Mountains, just beneath the waves."
You say to Ilfanul, "I'll see what I can find then. I'll come back once I have what you need."
Ilfanul says to you, "Be safe, Young One. I will see you soon."
You say to Ilfanul, "Farewell, Ilfanul."
You say, "Hail, Ilfanul"
Ilfanul says to you, "Hello again. I have been anticipating your return. Were you able to locate the items we need for the ritual?"
You say to Ilfanul, "I was. Hopefully these will be sufficient."
Ilfanul says to you, "These are excellent. Now, I will require your help once more."
You say to Ilfanul, "All right, what is it you need?"
Ilfanul says to you, "The ritual will take some time to complete. It's likely that the corrupted spirits are going to attempt to stop the ritual out of agony – they will do anything to end their pain. If the ritual is stopped, or if I'm destroyed, the corruption cannot be cleansed."
You say to Ilfanul, "You will need protection during the ritual, then?"
Ilfanul says to you, "Correct. Just prevent them from attacking me, and I will concentrate on the ritual. There is a glade just behind me, the entrance of which is hidden in the stones and boulders along the hill, that has a focal point for spiritual power. It is there I will begin the ritual. Meet me there, and we will begin."
You say to Ilfanul, "Very well. I'll speak to you when I am ready."
You notice something unusual about the rock face next to you.

You say, "Hail, Ilfanul"
Ilfanul says to you, "You have arrived. I have everything I need to begin the spell. Hopefully, when this is over, we will have rid the Truespirit of the Blight once and for all."
You say to Ilfanul, "I will watch over you to ensure your safety."
Ilfanul says to you, "Excellent. Now, keep your eyes open - they could attack at any time. Are you ready?"
You say to Ilfanul, "Best of luck to you.
You have entered The Thundering Steppes.
You say, "Hail, Ilfanul"
Ilfanul says to you, "You performed admirably, Young One. Without your help, we would never have succeeded."
You say to Ilfanul, "Is that it, then? Is the corruption gone?"
Ilfanul says to you, "Yes. Finally, throughout Norrath, the Truespirit are cleansed. We can now continue with the New Awakening."
You say to Ilfanul, "Again, what is this New Awakening?"
Ilfanul says to you, "It is a reemergence of the power of the Truespirit, and a new pact of bonding with the mortals of Norrath. For too long the Truespirit have acted as quiet guides, acting as whispers in the minds of those who would listen."
You say to Ilfanul, "What is the pact of bonding?"
Ilfanul says to you, "There was a time when the Truespirit and the mortals acted as one. When our fates were intertwined, working toward a common goal. It is time we joined forces once again."
You say to Ilfanul, "And this is the New Awakening? A bonding between mortals and Truespirits?"
Ilfanul says to you, "In time, more will be revealed. Take this token to Yeomal, and tell him to await the Harbingers. They will seek him out, and perhaps, seek you out as well."
You say to Ilfanul, "I will let him know. Farewell to you for now, Ilfanul."
Ilfanul says to you, "The Truespirit are finally free of the Blight. Now, await the return of the Harbingers."
''You have entered North Qeynos
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "It is good to see you again. Were you able to find Ilfanul?"
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "I was. And, through a ritual he performed, it seems that the corruption was removed from the Truespirit."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "I have felt that. It seemed that a weight had been lifted, and the voices of the Truespirit were that much clearer."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "He gave me a message for you as well. He asked that you await the Harbingers. They will be returning as part of the New Awakening."
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "The Harbingers? I'm afraid I don't quite understand his message, but the Truespirit are wise beyond measure. With time, his message will become clear."
You say to Yeomal Fallenecho, "Indeed. Well, perhaps I should be going for now."
You gain Alternate Advancement experience by completing a quest!
You convert 11700 experience into AA experience!
You receive 12 Gold, 89 Silver, 30 Copper for completing Protectors of the Protectors.
Yeomal Fallenecho says to you, "Thank you for your help. I will contact you if you should be needed once again."

nedoirah

IMO this is closer to what my thoughts on what the beastlord class should be.

Would be nice to have a second warder able to be summoned. I haven't played my mage in a while so I don't know how many pets they can summon these days. Yeah in most cases I think they are temporary pets but still...

Vinsinar

Here is the Lore form the second quest again there is a good and evil version this being the good version.

You say, "Hail, Olgen"
Olgen says to you, "Ah, greetings, Siada. Izius told me about your work with him, and he said I would be able to count on your assistance."
You say to Olgen, "I see, and who are you?"
Olgen says to you, "My name is Olgen, and I was once one of Izius's students."
You say to Olgen, "Once? You mean you aren't any longer?"
Olgen says to you, "My path lies elsewhere. I have heard the voice of the Truespirit Harbingers, and it is time for me to answer that call. And it is time for you to as well."
You say to Olgen, "And how is it that you think I can help?"
Olgen says to you, "The Truespirit have spoken your name, Siada. The work you have done in cleansing the Blight has not been forgotten, and the Harbingers have requested your presence."
You say to Olgen, "What is it they want?"
Olgen says to you, "I do not know... my role was specifically to help you begin on your journey. The Harbingers have opened a portal to the spirit realm out in the Commonlands. It is there they wait for you. Enter the portal, and speak with the eldest of their order."
You say to Olgen, "Very well. I'll search for the portal."

You have entered Gathering of the Harbingers.
You say, "Hail, Elder Animist Sahdi" Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "Hello, Siada. We have been waiting for you."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "Who are you? Where are we?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "We are the Harbingers of the Third Awakening. The bonding between mortals and the warders will begin again, and we have come to bring the teachings of the Khati Sha back to Norrath."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "The Third Awakening? Of what?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "There have been two previous Awakenings - periods of heightened spiritual enlightenment in the world of mortals. It is during these Awakenings that the Bonding can take place, giving rise to the path of the beastlords."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "The Beastlords... I have heard stories of them. They commanded the creatures to do their bidding, correct?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "No. The bonding between the beastlords and their warders is not that of a master and servant. It is the merging of two minds into one. Two spirits into one. The warder is an extension of the beastlord, both becoming more than they could be alone."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "And the Truespirit oversee this bonding?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "We do. We watch over the spiritual hierarchy and help facilitate the bonds of the beastlords and their warders, by helping them find one another in the mortal realm. Without the help and teachings of the Truespirit, the Bonding could not take place."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "Who are the Truespirit?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "We are a collective of transcended beings from across Norrath, united together to look after the flow of spiritual energies throughout existence. We help to teach mystic knowledge to the mortals of Norrath, and offer guidance and wisdom to those who are enlightened enough to hear us."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "And you are all members of the Truespirit, correct?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "We are indeed. The others are harbingers of five of the Great Truespirit, the beings who began the First Awakening and brought the knowledge of the beastlord path to mortals in ages past. The harbingers speak for the Great Truespirit, and seek to pass their wisdom on to Norrath."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "I see. How can I begin their teachings?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "First, you must speak with the other members here of my order. Each of them represent an aspect of what it means to be a strong beastlord. They will test you, and make sure you are worthy to carry their message back to Norrath. If you succeed, they will reward you with a token as proof of the deed. Bring these tokens back to me once you have proven yourself."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "Very well. I will speak with the other Truespirit."
You say, "Hail, Elder Patriarch Vuzx"
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says to you, "Greetings, mortal. I have been expecting to see you."
You say to Elder Patriarch Vuzx, "Hello, Vuzx. Elder Animist Sahdi said that I should speak with you."
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says to you, "And as well that you should, as my teachings are instrumental to the path of the beastlord. I represent Ralissk, the eldest and wisest of the Great Truespirit. It is Ralissk who helps the beastlords to make sound decisions in their journeys, ensuring their survival and the survival of those under their care."
You say to Elder Patriarch Vuzx, "Very well, what is it I can do for you?"
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says to you, "Show me your ability to survive on what you can find. There is a bush that grows near the shores of the Enchanted Lands. The berry of this bush only lasts for a short time on the branches. If it remains, it withers quickly and spoils on the branch. The withered berries are poisonous, and can be dangerous. See if you can discern the difference, and look for the healthy bushes."
You say to Elder Patriarch Vuzx, "I see. All right, I'll see if I can find the healthy berries. Farewell for now."

You say, "Hail, Field Priest Keven"
Field Priest Keven says to you, "Hello, mortal. You have come to receive my teachings, have you not?"
You say to Field Priest Keven, "I have. Elder Animist Sahdi sent me to speak with you."
Field Priest Keven says to you, "Then listen well to what I have to say. The Great Wolf Spirit, Kaldrahir, is known among the Truespirit for his natural leadership ability. It is he who teaches the skills necessary to carry those who follow through the darkness. If you are to carry those teachings, you will have to demonstrate your own leadership skills."
You say to Field Priest Keven, "Very well, and how might I do that?"
Field Priest Keven says to you, "There is a small glade not too far from here. A family of wolves had taken up refuge there, but the parents were slain by poachers. The pups still live, although not for much longer - they are weak, and cannot hunt food themselves. Demonstrate your natural leadership capabilities by providing food and leading the pups to eat."
You say to Field Priest Keven, "Where can I find this glade?"
Field Priest Keven says to you, "Look for the entrance on the southern part of the Commonlands, near where the Bloodskull extractors are. The glade is hidden by a large boulder, but the extractors are close to uncovering it, which would spell the end of the pups. Find the glade, and feed the pups so they can move on."
You say to Field Priest Keven, "I will return once this is done. Farewell for now."

You say, "Hail, Gardunk"
Gardunk says to you, "You made me wait too long! The Awakening is coming, and I have much to say!"
You say to Gardunk, "My apologies, but I came as soon as I could."
Gardunk says to you, "Well, since you don't impress me with your timeliness, we will try with your task. There was an original codex of the Khati Sha on Luclin, but it was lost when the moon was destroyed. Shards of the codex fell to Norrath in shards of the moon."
You say to Gardunk, "Where can I find the shards?"
Gardunk says to you, "Check in the fields of the Commonlands. U'lla, the Strong Hearted, is the embodiment of bravery and conviction among the Truespirit. You will need to beware of the creatures there, and show courage and tenacity when you are searching for the Codex pieces. They may not be easy to find."
You say to Gardunk, "I'll bear that in mind. Farewell for now."

You say, "Hail, Animist Poren"
Animist Poren says to you, "Greetings, Siada. Elder Animist Sahdi said that I should expect you soon."
You say to Animist Poren, "He did tell me to come and see you. I have come to see what task you might have me do."
Animist Poren says to you, "If the beastlords are to walk Norrath again, they must know how to protect that which is important to them. Marisha Kur, the Den Mother, teaches us to look after what is under our care. This is both for those we are directly responsible for, and those we are indirectly responsible for, as both will in turn provide for us."
You say to Animist Poren, "I see. What is my task, then?"
Animist Poren says to you, "There is a small hidden cove just off shore. There is a small boat near the Fisherman's Trail dock that you can use to get there. A group of turtles have just laid their eggs there, and a group of nearby aqua goblins will certainly devour the eggs if they found them. Go to the cove, and protect the eggs that are in danger."
You say to Animist Poren, "Very well. I will return once I have finished the task."

You say, "Hail, Bordag"
Bordag says to you, "You have come. Bordag is pleased."
You say to Bordag, "Hello, Bordag. I was told to speak to you and to hear your teachings."
Bordag says to you, "Bordag will not teach you. You will teach you. Elnakii is strongest of Truespirit. Body and mind of Elnakii is as one. You must fight strong foe - prove you strong of body and mind."
You say to Bordag, "Where can I find this foe?"
Bordag says to you, "A strong bear waits for you in its cave, which is along the cliffs just west past the entrance to Darklight Wood. He is the Scar Bear, and he is also mighty. He knows he must test mortals, and fears not death. Face the Scar Bear, and defeat it."
You say to Bordag, "Very well. I'll defeat the Scar Bear, and return."

After the trials...
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says to you, "Welcome back, Siada. Have you gathered the ripened berries?"
You say to Elder Patriarch Vuzx, "I did. I believe these are the ones you requested."
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says to you, "The ability to observe your surroundings and make good decisions - both through experience and intuition - is deeply important to the path of the beastlord. Not only in the wild where they are most comfortable, but also in the chaos of combat. Without that survival instinct, a beastlord can never hope to reach their potential."
You say to Elder Patriarch Vuzx, "I understand. What more should I do for you?"
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says to you, "I could send you on more errands, but for now, I believe you have shown me enough. Take this token, and be on your way."
You say to Elder Patriarch Vuzx, "Farewell to you, Vuzx."
You receive Medallion of Ralissk.

Field Priest Keven says to you, "Ah, you have returned. What did you find out?"
You say to Field Priest Keven, "I was able to save the wolf pups."
Field Priest Keven says to you, "That is good to hear. Kaldrahir would be quite pleased with your demonstration of leadership and your choice to look after those in your care. There is a relationship between the predator and the prey, and you helped both with your actions, by ensuring that the wolves can eat, and that the deer are not overpopulated and find themselves starving."
You say to Field Priest Keven, "Thank you, Keven. Was there more to be done?"
Field Priest Keven says to you, "Not from me - you have proven yourself in my eyes. Take this token as proof of your deed. Farewell to you, Siada."
You say to Field Priest Keven, "Farewell to you."
You receive Medallion of Kaldrahir.

You say, "Hail, Gardunk"
Gardunk says to you, "You have returned. And with the pieces of the Codex, I hope?"
You say to Gardunk, "I was able to find all of the pieces of the Codex, I believe. Here you are."
Gardunk says to you, "This is excellent. We will see that this is repaired and once again presented to the beastlords on Norrath. It is important that the beastlords demonstrate courage in the face of adverse odds, and find a way to continue their tasks no matter what. This tenacity must be present in every great beastlord."
You say to Gardunk, "Indeed. What more must I do?"
Gardunk says to you, "Nothing, we have seen your tenacity for now. The real test of mortals will come once the beastlords walk your world again. Take this token, and go with my blessing."
You say to Gardunk, "Thank you, Gardunk. Farewell."
You receive Medallion of U'lla.

Animist Poren says to you, "Have you managed to protect the eggs?"
You say to Animist Poren, "I was able to. I drove off the goblins, which should hopefully help keep the eggs safe."
Animist Poren says to you, "One day, those turtles could become valuable allies to the beastlords, so preserving them is important not just to them, but to all. You have shown that mortals are capable of looking outside of themselves, for whatever their reasons inside might be."
You say to Animist Poren, "Thank you, Poren. Is there more for me to do?"
Animist Poren says to you, "No, this will be sufficient. Take the token, and go with the grace of Marisha Kur."
You say to Animist Poren, "Farewell to you."
You receive Medallion of Marisha Kur.

You say, "Hail, Bordag"
Bordag says to you, "You come back. You find Scar Bear?"
You say to Bordag, "I did, and I defeated it."
Bordag says to you, "You do very good. Nature always in conflict. Those strong of both body and mind can reach their full potential. Without this, beastlords cannot be truly strong. You show that you are strong in both body and mind."
You say to Bordag, "Was there more for me to do?"
Bordag says to you, "No, this enough. You take token. I see strength in mortals in you."
You say to Bordag, "Thank you, Bordag. Farewell."
You receive Medallion of Elnakii.

You say, "Hail, Elder Animist Sahdi"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "Have you spoken with the other Harbingers? Were you able to complete their tasks?"
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "I have. I brought their tokens as proof of my accomplishments."
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "Let me see those... Yes. This is excellent. You have earned the right to carry the Codex back to Norrath, and present it to those who will become the teachers for the Third Awakening."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "Who am I to take the Codex to?"
Elder Animist Sahdi says to you, "You've already met him - Olgen, who heard our whispers, and guided you our way. He is to lead a new generation of beastlords for Freeport, using the new Codex of the Khati Sha as a guide for his teachings. Take the Codex to him, and pass on our message."
You say to Elder Animist Sahdi, "All right, I'll take the Codex to him. Farewell to you, Sahdi."

Hailing again after completing quests...
Elder Patriarch Vuzx says, "I wonder if mortals are truly ready for the new Awakening?"

Field Priest Keven says, "The Bonding will soon begin."

You say, "Hail, Gardunk"
Gardunk says, "We must be certain that this Awakening lasts throughout time."

Animist Poren says, "Now that the Blight is cured, the Truespirit can once again guide the spirits of Norrath as they have in the past."

You say, "Hail, Bordag"
Bordag says, "The mortals will need to master their strength."

Returning to Freeport...
You have entered North Freeport.
You say, "Hail, Olgen"
Olgen says to you, "You've come back. Were you able to find the Harbingers?"
You say to Olgen, "Yes I was, and I have a message for you."
Olgen says to you, "That is great news! What happened?"
You say to Olgen, "They sent me on a series of tasks as a test. When I completed the tasks, they gave me the Codex of the Khati Sha, which I am to give to you."
Olgen says to you, "To me? Why?"
You say to Olgen, "The Truespirit have tapped you to become the teacher of the beastlord trainers of Freeport. You must use the Codex as the basis for the teachings, and prepare for the Third Awakening."
You gain 1160 XP!
You receive 11 Silver, 37 Copper for completing The Word of the Harbingers - Freeport.
Olgen says to you, "It would be my honor. Freeport will become stronger with the emergence of the beastlords, and I will help to ensure that those who follow their path are ready to confront our enemies. Thank you for bringing me this Codex - I will see it is put to good use."
You say to Olgen, "I know you will. Farewell to you, until we meet again."
You receive The Codex of the Khati Sha.

After completing the quest...
You say, "Hail, Olgen"
Olgen says, "The lessons of the Codex will help me to teach a new generation of trainers for the path of the Beastlord."

Vinsinar

This was posted on the EQ2 webpage a few days ago

THE PATH OF THE BEASTLORD
Have you ever had a leader so self-assured, so charismatic, so confident that it seems somehow unthinkable to pursue any goals but his? That's how it was with Sellok.

To be honest, I was just in it for the money at first. Work was short that winter, but I'd left home only that summer, and I was determined to earn my own way in the world. I'd rather have starved than return home to admit defeat and face the mockery of my brothers. So, when the hooded figure approached me on the Nektulos docks with an offer of steady income, I wasn't inclined to look too closely at the details.

I'd always been quick on my feet and good with a blade, so it hardly seemed like work at all when they asked me to infiltrate myself into adventuring parties exploring the recently rediscovered continent of Kunark. I was to look for an ancient scroll or tome containing the writings of an ancient sage. I would know it by the age and the language it was written in; they showed me samples of the ancient script known as Death's Whisper so I would be able to recognize the angular runes when I saw it.

Several months passed while I offered my services to this or that group of adventurers exploring in one dungeon or another. I had grown almost complacent with this lifestyle, content even; and then I found the tome.

I had joined a group exploring the ancient Iksar tomb known as Charasis. We found ourselves in an area I was later to hear called the Vault of Eternal Sleep, but at the time we just called it a deathtrap and other names that were less polite. The halls were riddled with pit traps and other hazards, and after the umpteenth time we had to get ourselves out of one, I was long past ready to leave. I was prowling around the final room when a massive and weighty tome caught my eye. Glancing at the others to make sure their attention was still focused on dividing up the loot, I cautiously opened the book to the first page and immediately recognized the spiky runes I'd been taught were Death's Whisper. Unfortunately, the tome was far too heavy to take with me, so I copied the first few phrases into my journal and returned to the adventuring party to find our way back to the safety of daylight.

When I showed the runes in my journal to my hooded contacts, there was an immediate rush of activity. In no time at all I was taken to their encampment in a hidden vale, and brought before their leader. Introducing himself as Sellok, he demanded to hear every detail of my expedition and the location of the tome, and then there was no option but to immediately assemble a party to return.

Eventually we reached the tome, and Sellok's disciples set up a makeshift camp and scribing table, while Sellok spent several days studying it and making copious notes before we were allowed to leave again. I should have taken my payment then and left; I could have returned home with enough gold to buy a modest farm of my own. But while we were holed up in that vault with no one else to talk to but the skeletons, Sellok took an interest in me. He said that he was impressed by my initiative. I'd succeeded where dozens of other hirelings had failed. During the short breaks he took from studying the tome, he explained a little - a very little - about his research.

He told me of the Truespirit, beings locked in a plane between planes, a world of spiritual power and energies that lay parallel to ours. In the past, he said these spirits had found their way into our world, possessing and corrupting animals into what he called "spirit guides," and using them to lead innocent mortals into evil ways. The root of this corruption was in the city of Shar Vahl on the moon Luclin, where the resident Vah Shir kept what they called a sacred glade filled with these corrupted animals. Sellok said their evil influence grew over the city to such an extent that the gods themselves were eventually forced to destroy Luclin entirely to free the world from these Truespirits. He added that since the destruction of Norrath's moon, we have been free of their control, but they are ever trying to return, looking for more more mortals to enslave. He hoped to use the knowledge in the tome I found to be able to control these spirits and prevent their return to Norrath. And I, naive farmer that I was, didn't think to question what he told me, nor think that the kind of knowledge that is likely to be found locked away in a sealed forbidden tomb is unlikely to be wholesome.

You'd think that growing up with three elder brothers I should have known better than to accept any story unquestioningly. But as I said, Sellok was a man of great charisma and conviction. When he spoke, we all felt like lowly insects crawling in the presence of greatness. When he asked for something, we all leaped to earn a precious word of his praise. And so, when we left Charasis I too donned the hooded robes of his disciples, and joined the cult of Sellok.

The following months were a blur. I worked harder than I'd ever worked on my parents' farm, and that is no easy life even with three brothers to share the load. Some of the demands from Sellok seemed odd, but we followed unquestioningly. We traveled the length and breadth of Kunark, rounding up the skeletons of long dead Iksar warriors so that he could test his theories. He constructed a strange altar in the hidden vale, and told us it was to trap the spirits into the old bones as they tried to enter our world.

The agonized wailing and shrieking of the spirits as Sellok caused the skeletons to become animated were dismaying at first, but he assured us it was merely the Truespirit fighting to escape him, and that we were protecting Norrath by entrapping them into these old bones. Most learned to ignore the sounds; some, like me, preferred to leave the area entirely when the wailing started. When it got too hard to listen at these times I would visit the plains of Antonica. Walking through the farmland there never failed to remind me of home and calm my mind as I assured myself it was lands like these that I was now protecting.

It was on one of these excursions that I encountered the wolf. It was sitting in a quiet glade and seemed to watch me with almost human intelligence. I knelt slowly on the soft grass nearby so as not to startle the wolf, and enjoyed the scents of life all around me. As I knelt there, I felt strength returning that I didn't even realize I had lost. The bees buzzed in the background, the birds sang in the distance, and a small badger waddled out of the bushes nearby and stuck a cold wet nose on my arm.

"Your spirit seems remarkably untroubled for one who has helped create so much pain," said the wolf suddenly. His voice sounded as old as the hills themselves.

"Your pardon?" I almost replied in surprise. I looked hastily around, half thinking someone was playing a trick on me. Norrath can be a strange place at times, but talking wolves are not something you encounter every day.

"You work for the necromancer," said the wolf and his pelt twitched inadvertently as if flinching in revulsion at the very mention of Sellok. "You bring him skeletons, corpses, and dead husks in which he traps the living spirits as they attempt to enter this world to bring help and life. Surely you cannot be deaf to their cries of agony. I hear them day and night now, trapped in their dead prisons, unable to escape."

"That is necessary!" I shouted, standing up in anger. "They would corrupt Norrath! Just as they did to Luclin, which is why it was destroyed!"

"Young one, the tragedy of Luclin had nothing to do with the spirit realm. And as for the Truespirit, we only wish to help. Our role in Shar Vahl was as friends, advisors, and guides. We took animal form to best travel in this realm and partner with mortals, but we have only ever gone where we were freely invited."

"'We?'" I repeated, more confused now than anything, but stubbornly holding on to my anger as the one thing I could be sure of. The wolf certainly didn't seem like an evil, corrupting influence, but if I believed his words then it meant my master had deliberately led us all astray, and I had been unwittingly aiding in the most terrible of deeds. "Don't you touch me!"

The wolf gave me a long, sorrowful gaze. "Listen to your instincts, young one," was his only reply before twitching his whiskers and vanishing from sight in a few powerful leaps.

I tried to return to life as normal, but the wolf's words haunted me. What did I really know about the Truespirit? Was there any evidence to support what Sellok had told me? The questions plagued me, and the next time Sellok tried to trap the spirits in the skeletons of the dead, I didn't leave but instead crept close and watched. The look on his face was not that of a man selflessly saving the world. It was a self-absorbed, power-hungry look that made me feel unclean. Watching one of the undead Iksar shambling around afterwards, I seemed to feel the agony they were in, and couldn't bear it any more. I swung my blade and ended the abomination there and then, feeling its gratitude like a whisper in passing as the spirit escaped its prison.

My life was only saved at that point by the coincidence of a group of adventurers entering the hidden vale at that moment. As Sellok and the cultists fought for their lives, I slipped out of the vale, arranging it to look as if I had died in the battle.

Since then, I've dedicated myself to finding the spirits Sellok had trapped in the undead bodies and ending their suffering. Nowadays I seem able to see an almost visible spirit essence escaping, and sometimes it seems to whisper something to me as it passes by. I heard Sellok himself had been killed by a group of adventurers, possibly those whose arrival allowed my escape. I hear his followers scattered but I have lost track of them as I continue to travel the lands of Kunark, seeking to free the trapped spirits. I don't know if I can ever atone for the pain I helped to cause, but I can at least free those I helped to harm, and in doing so I am learning to see the signs of the spirit realm where it touches Norrath.

Despite Sellok's best efforts, it seems the Truespirit are touching our world more frequently now. I have not seen the wolf again, but something tells me that once I have finished undoing the damage I wrought, we will meet again. And when we do, I intend to ask him more about the secrets of Shar Vahl. I want to learn how the spirit guides and chosen mortals formed a bond as strong as life itself. I want to learn to work with the Truespirit to truly protect Norrath, as I had misguidedly thought I was doing long ago. I want to discover the joy of facing the world with my spirit warder by my side. I want to learn to become a beastlord.

(The events in this story make reference to the Mystic epic weapon quest, "A Sleeping Stone." The beastlord prelude quests are currently available from Caalina in Antonica, or Elmin in Commonlands. The beastlord class is coming in winter 2011 with the EverQuest II expansion: Age of Discovery!)

Vinsinar

This is all we have so far and I'll post as soon as any new info or Lore comes out. They are doing a Beta for this expansion which starts next week so I doubt we will see much until the NDA is lifted.

Vinsinar lives again in EQ2

Orbus1

Kinda cool you can have different warders and with certain aa's you can have more than one up at a time. That would be interesting to see.

Hzath

Top tier dps, sounds like I should start playing EQ2.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Byratan

Errrr, Hzath, that's 'top tier DPS' according to who??

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Jili

Omg, Top tier dps!

Bye, bye EQ.

Hello EQ2!

nedoirah

Quote from: Jili on October 27, 2011, 07:09:12 AM
Omg, Top tier dps!

Bye, bye EQ.

Hello EQ2!

Don't leave there are a seriously decreasing number of us left. Good ones at least....